Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher Central Cross Country
Does anyone know what Letcher Centrals boy and girl cross country teams look like this year???????? Who will be the atheletes to look out for????????
Both individual region champ in boys and girls return this year. We won both team titles. We are a strong contender to repeat, but Harlan Co will give us a season that is for sure.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Thanks Cougarpride do you know the names of those exceptional kids?
tcb Wrote:Thanks Cougarpride do you know the names of those exceptional kids?

The girls are Kelsey Mullins (SR), Kelah Eldridge (SOPH), and Nicole Banks(JR). Mullins is their top runner and past regional winner. Her time of 21.43.72 is a fair time but not going to put her in the top group at state. Last year she came in 39th at state meet.
The top returning boys are Tyler Smith (SR), Whitaker, and, Gregory. Smith is last years regional winner with time of 18.12.66. He finished in 76th place at the state meet.
Who will be a runner who will give Tyler a run for his money this year on the cougars team?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

cougarpride08 Wrote:Who will be a runner who will give Tyler a run for his money this year on the cougars team?

the runners from his own team to push him will be Whitaker and Gregory. Hunter and Carroll from Harlan will also push him for the regional title.
I think we will do good. Coach Hubbard will push them to be the best they can be.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Harlan county has a awesome program with some very tough runners. Its going to be hard to win region for the third year in a row as far as the boys goes but with the type of runners we have returning and some of the new guys we got out I would deggently say Letcher Central is the favorite to win the region.

As far as indiviual region champions goes Its gonna be close between Tyler Smith (Myself), Trenton Whitaker, Cody Gregory, Hunter Middleton, and Jacob Carrol. Should be a great season and goodluck to everyone!
Good luck LCC
Can't wait till the first meet. When is it?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

I heard they had a Cates kid that was pretty good.
Yep! Lcc has 4 new runners that are all running extremly well.

Chase Cates is only a freshmen who is absolutly outstanding. Hes going to give everyone in the region a run for their money.

Also Justin Gross who is a junior has came out for the team an is already running with our top 3 and 4 runners. Lcc is looking tougher everyday of practice.
When is the fist meet? 119 Can you post the schedule on here when you get a chance.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

This is the schedule for this year. Keep in mind it may change due to weather or adding other meets.

Aug. 26th-- Fishpond scrimmage -- Fishpond lake

Sept. 11th-- Beast Of The East-- Owsley Co.

Sept. 18th-- Southern Harrier Classic-- Somerset, Ky

Sept. 21st-- Home Meet-- Letcher Co.

Sept. 25th-- Berea Invitational-- Berea College

Sept. 30th-- Home Meet-- Letcher Co.

Oct. 2nd-- MT. Heratige Road Race-- Letcher Co.

Oct. 9th-- Harlan Co. Invitational-- Harlan Co.

Oct. 14th-- Home Meet-- Letcher Co.

Oct. 19th-- Cougar Invitational-- Letcher Co.

Oct. 23rd-- DIstrict Area 9 Meet-- Harlan Co.

Oct. 30th-- Meet Of Champions-- Lexington, Ky

Nov. 6th-- Region-- Letcher Co.

Nov. 13th-- State Meet-- Lexington Horse Park
Thanks man. Good luck to both teams this year.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

So how did the Fish Pond scrimmage go today?
The scrimage went great! Lcc had the first 3 boys in all under 18 mins an within 6 seconds of each other! I'm not sure on how the girls done. Pound had one very good runner but Im sure after her it was all blue and black!
Also Cody Gregory will not be running this year!
Why isn't he running?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Says he wants to focuse on basketball.
Wrestler 119 will you let us know how things go in the meets LCC has scheduled? Who places etc. Thanks... I hope to make several of the home meets, but probably will not get a chance to get over to any of them.
Lcc went to a meet this past thursday in Owsley Co. that was not on the schedule.

Harlan county boys team beat lcc by 2 points as did the Harlan county girls.

Lcc's top guy finishers were 1st- Tyler Smith, 2nd- Justin Gross, 3rd- Chase Cates, 4th Trevor Napier, 5th- Trenton Whitaker, 6th Jake Dixon.

Our 2nd, 3rd, an 4th runner has never ran xc befor an Tyler had a case of the flu that was going around lcc. Harlan Co had a very impressive team an it looks like its going to be close with Lcc an Harlan all year.

Lcc girls top runner Kelsey Mullins was out due to back injury so having her in the mix in a few days will make a huge difference for the girls team.
Good job.
Harlan County and Letcher Central looks to be on course to battle it out for the regional title.

Results from the "Owsley County All Comers"

Boys: 1st Hunter Middleton (HC) 19:14 2nd Jacob Carroll (HC) 19:38 3rd Ben Graham (HC) 19:55 4th Tyler Smith (LC) 19:56 5th Logan Campbell (Owsley) 20:02

Team: 1st Harlan County 30 2nd Letcher Central 32

Girls: 1st Kim Miller (HC) 21:40 2nd Hayley Helton (HC) 23:45 3rd Kelah Eldridge (LC) 24:54 4th Melissa Swaar (OBI) 25:11 5th Bailey Rosenbarker (not sure) 25:30

Team: 1st Harlan County 32 2nd Lethcher Central 34

Congrats to all the runners!
Thanks to all for the updates.
Any news when Kelsey is returning from her injuries?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Kelsey has been running and completing 100% of our works out all week. She should be back for saturdays Beast of the East.
Glad to hear that!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

How did LCC do in the Beast of the East?
The boys team did awesome! we got 2nd place an beat our region rivals Harlan Co by 20 some points. (Harlan came in 3rd an GRC was the first place team). The boys team is getting better an better every day with the new guys we have that are running AMAZING times.

The girls for 4th but two runners got injuired an could not finish the race. Kelsey Mullins reinjuired her back/hip in the race an had to drop out as well as Ashley Johnson.