Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher Central Cross Country
The girls had a tough race with many of the team still suffering from injurys an pain from the hard week of workouts we had leading up to the race.

http://ky.milesplit.com/meets/75705/results/136843

This is the results from the girls race.
Question

Why is it that when LCC has a race were they don't do so well, it's always "injuries" or something else? Do you not think the Bell and HC girls had "pain" from a "hard week of workouts" too?

I'm not trying to start anything, just was curious.

Congrats to all the teams and runners on a great race!
Of course everybody has pain an injurys. I was just saying theres a couple of our girls that have been struggling thru season long injurys. Im not making excuses for them. They have the potenial to win another region title but you cant win it on potenial alone. Our girls team has to push thru the pain an run like they are capable of running if they want to see a repeat.

Pain is temporary, Pride is forever.
Sounds good! Like I said, not trying to start anything I was just wondering.

It should be a exciting regional tournament. Hope everyone gets back to full strength!
It’s really hard to cop up with serious injuries and damages to your body. The girls did a tremendous job and performed very well, although they suffered some serious injuries.
Hey 119, why didn't Nicole Banks not participate in cross country? She is a great track runner with numerous regional titles.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Nichole Banks does run xc. Shes is one of our top runners.
Thanks for the info.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Any info on today race? I didn't get a chance to make it.
The meet went awesome! Lcc boys finished in first with Harlan county in second. Lcc had 5 boys in front of Harlans 2nd runner.

This is how the top 7 finishers looked:

1st: Hunter Middleton- HC- 18:19
2nd: Tyler Smith- LCC- 18:24
3rd: Justin Gross- LCC- 18:33
4th: Chase Cates- LCC- 18:??
5th: Nick Boggs- LCC- 18:??
6th: Trevor Napier- LCC- 18:??
7th: Jacob Carrol- HC- ????

I know its not much to go by but they dont have the official results posted yet an this is just what I could remember. Sorry if I got anyones times wrong but im pretty sure this is what they were. Ill post the official results when I get them.
What is the course looking like? I haven't had a chance to get up there in about a month. I heard it's not in too good of shape, and that KHSAA officials are going to come look at it.

Is it possible the region, because of the course, could be moved to a different site?
The site is fine.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

The cross country is perfectly fine. Khsaa officals have already looked at it an said that it is fine to run region on. The only reason people do not want to run on he course is because we have a massive hill thats hard to run up. The actual course itself is in great condition.
Isn't Cross-Country about running through the hills and woods. In the eighties, Paintsville had a course near the lake that was all about woods and hollows and a very steep hill that if you fell you would roll to the bottom.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Isn't Cross-Country about running through the hills and woods. In the eighties, Paintsville had a course near the lake that was all about woods and hollows and a very steep hill that if you fell you would roll to the bottom.

Parts of the state like to run on flat courses (soccer fields, ball fields, track surfaces,ect.), to post fast times to make their runners look better at the top of the rankings. It really does not matter though, because the ones who run the tougher courses are better prepared for head to head competition come state meet.
I disagree with the statement above. The state meet doesn't have any big hills and the majority of the course is flat. So, in my opinion, the kids that run the flat courses all the time are usually the ones that finish the best at state. This is just what I've observed over the years of following this sport.

I do agree that it makes those individuals post faster times and their rankings are better; but they are still doing VERY well at the state too.
Lcc boys team won the district championship yesterday at Harlan Co. The Girls team finished as District runners up.

The girls team had the District Champion For individuals with Carlenia Gose coming in first.
Tyler Smith was District Runner Up, with Just Gross coming in 3rd overall.
Congratulation to the Cougar Cross Country team, and good luck at regionals which is being held at Letcher Central
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Good job LCC.
Wrestler 119 I heard LCC is running a meet in Lexington Saturday. I am going to be up there this weekend and thought I might get over to see it. Could you please let me know where it is going to be in Lexington and what time?

Thanks,
TCB
Yeah the xc team is in Lexington right now. The meet starts at 9 in the morning at masterson station horse park. The senior boys run first followed by junior boys an so on. Hope you can be there.
Good job LCC
It's two more days unitl the regional tournament. I can't wait! Hope the snow will be gone on top of the mountain. LOL!
Yes, we cannot allow the poor little pampered children of today freeze their little tushies off.
Any news on who won?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!