Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Freshman
There could be called a thing called talent too!
this thomas kid can burn it up for Kcc i have watched her play...
ashley frm hazard
There are a lot of geat freshman in the 14th... alot with great potential. We'll just have to see who comes out on top when it's really needed. Good luck to all Freshman the rest of the season.
I think that Sheri and Teri Gilbert are great point guard handlers, and I know that Sheri can take it in hard to the basket. There are people a lot bigger than her or anyone else for that matter and she can jump up and catch that rebound right between them. She seems to know how to be at the right place at the right time. Teri can shoot the 3 and handle the ball really well. Great job Gilbert twins!!! :Thumbs:

:Cheerlead Go Owsley!!
very interesting thread. But back on the topic. They're alot of good freshman in the region. We will just have to see who works the hardest and who wants it more.
"owls_r_#1" Wrote:I think that Sheri and Teri Gilbert are great point guard handlers, and I know that Sheri can take it in hard to the basket. There are people a lot bigger than her or anyone else for that matter and she can jump up and catch that rebound right between them. She seems to know how to be at the right place at the right time. Teri can shoot the 3 and handle the ball really well. Great job Gilbert twins!!! :Thumbs:

:Cheerlead Go Owsley!!

How did these girls do against Knott?
Well, I really dont think anyone on the Owsley Jv. done too awful much that night...like I said before something was obviously wrong with these girls. But I will tell you something, If it wasnt for that Gilbert twin, #44 this team probably wouldnt have scored what they did. She had most of these points, If I recall, and that wasnt even the best game I've watched her in. Every Jv starter and the bench has tremendous qualities, as the years go by these freshman will proceed to get better & better. But, sometimes teams have bad games, I really think PCC Jv. got this young team down, but if you have noticed lately they are right back up. They have won two very tough games in a role, I'm looking forward to see if they can keep it up, Monday against Cordia. If they play like they have been, team ball, they could easily win... but if they drift away from that...all I have to say is get used to another losing streak...Lets Go Jv Lady Owls!:Thumbs: :worthy:
How is PCC's Jv team?
"Pinkie32" Wrote:Maybe there wasnt a size advantage maybe your just under the normal size for your age...:lmao:

Ok I am of normal height right now. And KCC's team is too and that is only because KCC is a guard type team. We have no true center nor forward.
"callmeclutch" Wrote:How did these girls do against Knott?

How did they do? Just look at the previous reply...Sheri Gilbert #44 scored lots of points, she took it in and pounded it to the basket. I also recall some rebounds on girls a lot bigger than her, she is a true athlete, she works very hard and I would pick her to be on my team anyday. Teri Gilbert #12 handled the ball well but got into foul trouble...but who doesnt?? While she was on the court I think she did a good job, especially a few steals I remember her taking from KCC!

:omg: You go twins :mad: lol
Owsley County's freshman's biggest problem is their scoring..THAT'S why the didn't score much. It's not that they can't shoot the ball, it's that they don't want to. They think too much of sharing the ball every play..no one wants to shoot it. That's one thing they need to work on...shooting it when they're open. If Owsley would have took it on Knott and shot the shots that were open, there is no doubt in my mind that they could have won that game.
well, here is my opinion on the freshman tournament, owsley plays lee first and estill and powell play each other. owsleys jv team has beat lee both times that they have played them and lee had sophmores playing. estill is a team i dont know that much about, but i do know that owsley stands a chance of beating them. i deffinatly know owsley stands a great chance of beating powell in the tournament. when you think about everyone has their money on owsley.....................what team do you think will win????? just curious.......:CE_DP_Ste
Not to put the Owls done but i like Powell in the tournament. But if the big girl in the middle don't play Owsley could stand a chance.
Definently Owsley, they beat them once, they beat them twice, third time is a charm?! Since they already beat them with the sophmores of their on their team...I am sure that they can beat them again! If Owsley plays like a team and comes to win, there is no doubt in my mind that they will win! Good Luck Lady Owls!:wenumber1
Powell? Well....its your opinion.
"Yankee fan" Wrote:Not to put the Owls done but i like Powell in the tournament. But if the big girl in the middle don't play Owsley could stand a chance.

The last time Owsley played them, it was at Powell's home and they only lost by two. I think that if and when Owsley beats Lee they will probably play Powell, (in my opinion), and then with the determination Owsley has, they will pull the win. :Nodding: And I also agree, the big girl in the middle makes it a little harder to take it in, but I think we can do it.
The Thomas girl isnt as good as what people say she is. She does have talent but not as good as you people are saying
"Patriot Fan" Wrote:The Thomas girl isnt as good as what people say she is. She does have talent but not as good as you people are saying

And why is that. She is one of the very few freshman players that I know of that is always lookign up the floor for the open man. I mean for heavens sake I have seen a coach get mad at her for not shooting when she was open. Not very many girls at her age have already developed more as a point guard than she has in a year and a half. Not only does she run point in the JV games but there are times she does varsity as well. She is VERY versitile. She can go one trip up the floor playing the 2 and the next playng the 5. How often do you come across a player like that.
well the kendra thomas from knott that I have seen play, she is pretty tough, I look forward and kinda dread seeing her play her senior year, really tough player. Dread because I'm gonna have to play her...haha...jk....I havent any fear in basketball..I'm too dumb to fear. but she does have talent.
"Pinkie32" Wrote:well the kendra thomas from knott that I have seen play, she is pretty tough, I look forward and kinda dread seeing her play her senior year, really tough player. Dread because I'm gonna have to play her...haha...jk....I havent any fear in basketball..I'm too dumb to fear. but she does have talent.

Where do you play?
I've seen the twins play from Owsley, and they're good. They both have lots of talent. They are not alone though, the big girl in the middle has got skills out of this world. They also got a gal with fuzzy hair that rebounds pretty good. The point guard (8th grader) is young but will be good in the future. :rock:
That Nicole Revis #22 for Jenkins isnt to bad, if she would keep workin and get a lil stronger she could be a real good player, shes got the height,speed and she can shot real good, if she gets hot you better watch out,shes helped the cavs in a couple of close games this year including Hazard game @ HHS.
"callmeclutch" Wrote:Where do you play?
Owsley
"Pinkie32" Wrote:Owsley

What number are you? Did you play agianst KCC?
What grade you in?
"callmeclutch" Wrote:What number are you? Did you play agianst KCC?
What grade you in?
#32 yes I did,,,but I was extremely sick during that game..and like I said b4 not many of us done too well during that game. I'm a freshman.