Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Freshman
Who has shown they can play and help their teams out?
I'd say Sheri Gilbert from Owsley, she is young but she has great potential in the future, she helps the Lady Owls out alot. Remember her name cause she will be big in a couple of years.
"Pinkie32" Wrote:I'd say Sheri Gilbert from Owsley, she is young but she has great potential in the future, she helps the Lady Owls out alot. Remember her name cause she will be big in a couple of years.
:thumb: i agree with you 100%
Owsleys team is more than 1/2 Freshman.
I think it is pretty cool how Owsley has 7 freshman players, each with their own good qualities and potential. Even the ones on the bench have potential, and they are beginning to step up. I think that once the freshmen become seniors, they will be unstoppable...but thats just an opinion. :thumb:
I agree that Owsley's team is young this year, especially after losing three seniors last year. But i believe that when they are needed, they will step up and help with whatever is needed to be done. By the time these freshman become seniors, they will have alot of experience behind them, and they will be ready to play.
ashley hall from hazard
Haley Ratliff- Pc
owsley has 7 freshman..that's half of the team. They each help the team extremely, and it would be hard to win without either one of them. Keep working hard freshman Owls!
I think that Sheri gilbert is a very good example. She is a freshman from Owsley County. She's 7th man for varsity for a freshman, that's great. She is one of the only players that dedicates herself for driving the lane. She works hard and never gives up. I also think that Teri Gilbert is a good example. She gets varsity playing time, shes small and quick, and she gets tons of steals. Not to mention she knocks down those threes.
Owsley County probably has the best 14th region freshman team. But other teams will get better as the years go on. But right now i would have to go with Owsley. But i have not seen them play much.
i think the to freashman from owsley county teri and sheri gilbert is a thret to the other freashman in the 14 region.
teri gilbert from Owsley county has alot of potential. she will domnate her junior and senior years.
"twinhoops44" Wrote:owsley has 7 freshman..that's half of the team. They each help the team extremely, and it would be hard to win without either one of them. Keep working hard freshman Owls!
I think it will pay off for them in the long-run becasue when the 7 freshman get to be seniors that leads to lots of experience.:dance:
This Gilbert girl from Owsley what number is she on JV? When Owsley played Knott's Jv. Knott owned them. And knott starts nothing but freshman in fact there isnt anyone on the jv team that is above the grade level of freshman.
Sheri and Teri Gilbert they are awesome freshmen players, Sheri is #44 and Teri is #12.:Cheerlead GO TWINS
How did these two girls do at Knott? Owsley didn't have much success against Knott's JV team. Knott just put the pressure on them and KCC ran the floor extremely well against Owsley. They just pushed the ball and when someone got open theygave them the ball. Not much you can do about that. All of Knott's jv team have played AGAINST each other since they were in the biddy leagues and they still have good chemistry between each other. The point guard for the JV team I believe her number was 00 what grade is she in?
She is in 8th grade. Her name is Mika Turner.
By the way, callmeclutch, did you actually play in the game?? Nobody can win every game they play...the team was having a bad game, don't tell me that Knott doesnt have a bad game now and then. Confusederved:
Well its pretty simple, I attended the Knott/Owsley game..Owsley's girls looked well basically dead...they didnt even look like wanted to be there, I dont know if it was the long bus ride or not, but there was def. something wrong with them, they seem to be down alot lately, I hope something happens, cause the good Jv team from Owsley that I hear so much about wasnt showing it that game.............:fight: you gotta show up and want it to actually get close to winning it, did you play shortowl that game?? what was wrong with you?
Yes I did play in that game. I was the starting point guard for KCC JV. I also had to play alot of varsity due to the fact that Mosley got hurt. Owsley accually had a little bit of a size advatange on us too. And yes I do know teams have bad games because in accuallality KCC's JV and varsity teams had bad games against Owsley.
Sherri Gilbert from powsley county will be the best freshman in the 14th region her senior year if she keep working on it. Candi Combs from Owsley will be the best rebounder in the region.
Ashley Hall and Taylor Niece from Hazard and Cindy Kilburn from PCC
IMO the entire KCC JV starting 5. They played very good against Letcher at KCC and beat Owsley soundly.
what grade is that thomas kid in that plays for knott
Thomas is a freshman.
Hey callmeclutch, I did play in the game...thank you very much! haha, but now that I know who you are...well I wont say much cuz you might get offended, but I think that Owsley did have a long bus ride and it was a down day for us...I think that if we played KCC again...we would smoke you all because we have brought ourselves back up and we are ready, especially the JV!
"queenballer" Wrote:Well its pretty simple, I attended the Knott/Owsley game..Owsley's girls looked well basically dead...they didnt even look like wanted to be there, I dont know if it was the long bus ride or not, but there was def. something wrong with them, they seem to be down alot lately, I hope something happens, cause the good Jv team from Owsley that I hear so much about wasnt showing it that game.............:fight: you gotta show up and want it to actually get close to winning it, did you play shortowl that game?? what was wrong with you?
:thumb:
defense is what causes bad games.......and since you had a bad game i guess we had a good game.
"short_owl24" Wrote:Hey callmeclutch, I did play in the game...thank you very much! haha, but now that I know who you are...well I wont say much cuz you might get offended, but I think that Owsley did have a long bus ride and it was a down day for us...I think that if we played KCC again...we would smoke you all because we have brought ourselves back up and we are ready, especially the JV!
what number was you short owl??? did I see you play?