Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville Track
i believe that potter will be great this year at high jump but in long jump we will have to watch for weston lindsey who was jumping last year with high school who go to state and beating them
Grasshopper from what i have heard about practice potter has been beating this lindsey kid in heigth and distance but dont get me wrong when lindsey is a senior he will be unbelievable
Yea your right jones did get hurt last year. But i don't think its going to affect him this year. Weston Lindsay? Haven't heard anything of her/him?
a freshmen at pikeville that has potential to be really good at long jump from what i have seen he can almost match potter and perry
all you others schools are screwed because Pikeville has a new shot putter this year that goes by the name of Murrel "By-God" Wisdom.
Pikevilles Track Team is goin to be alot better then they were last year...There disatnce team and there mid-distance has picked it up alot...they show strong improvement and are ready for the 2005 season...steven jones adds alot to there polevaulting...there sprint once again this yerar is gonna be one of the best in state with SPEED DEMON :evil: CHASE HUFFMAN...PIKEVILLE WILL DOMINATE...HAIL PIKEVILLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)
weston lindsey is good but he will never be a steven jones...steven jones at his worst could beat weston lindsey.
dylan murphy is good but he is slow and but he has time to improve.
pikeville should have a strong shot put and discus team, HUMZA TARIQ is a talented new comer who should provide for long distance throws
WAHOO!!! GO HUMZA!!!
BIG DIRTY MEXICAN ON THE LOOSE!!!
"death skull" haha remember?
for the love of god people.....this is not a chat room keep ur retarded comments to yourself or go post them in some otherplace to try to get attention....idiots...you guys get too off topic.....bgr should start charging necomers and kick off the stupid ones
i heard pikeville are picking up justin trimble from cross country...i think he is going to either do distance or he is going to sprint with chase huffman...i have seen justin sprint and he really could keep up with chase...i think pikeville has a really good chance at state this year in track and in cross country
pikeville will go to state this year and i think we might have a chance a getting first in many events. GO PIKEVILLE
"liveMAROON" Wrote:isn't A1 a steak sauce...Yes its true THE ever so cocky Steven Jones will be vaulting for the Pikeville track team this year but will he be able to get over the bar without this EGO weighing him down. IMO this guy WILL win state and he knows it PERIOD

Posted Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:45 pm:

Rumour has it that they have a junior high GIRL thats throwin in the 80's can u say future state champ...anybody from pikevill ehave any further info on her
Steven Jones may be cocky..but he's good-he'll help a lot with points this year
Our 4x2 and 4x1 teams will be good this year...as long as somebody can get their handoffs right without falling....cough cough
jones will break the school record this year during the first meet...i am guessing he wins the mason indoor games...Pikeville will dominate in pole vaulting this year, both boys and girls...
"Straightballa4" Wrote:I agree pikeville does have speed. But distance is were they are weak in both girls and boys. Kylie Shmidt and Brandon adkins who ran cross country did well but thats all Ive seen. Chase H one of the best sprinters in region. But David Jones from Belfry is very FAST.

Yea Brandon Adkins, Chance Robetson, and Clay Raschella should dominate this region as far as the distance runs go. The one Brandon has to worry about in the mile run is Chris Grimm.. But he beat him at XC state. so he might be able to hold him down this track season!! He just needs to work on his sprinting
"NC FAN" Wrote:i heard pikeville are picking up justin trimble from cross country...i think he is going to either do distance or he is going to sprint with chase huffman...i have seen justin sprint and he really could keep up with chase...i think pikeville has a really good chance at state this year in track and in cross country

Im almost certain that Justin Trimble could never keep up with Chase Huffman. Huffman is the quickest person in the region, and I seriously doubt Trimble could keep up with him from what I've seen,
Im Sry but Huffman placed 4th in state last year and noone from eastern Ky can compete with him in single A...Sry Trimble but there is no shame in coming in behind Chase...Pikeville track hardly had ne points because they were a young inexperienced team...everyone got a good look at what state is like and with most event runners sophs and juniors look for a Pikeville splash at state after we destroy Region again....
pikeville didn't look good last year at state for many reasons. when a key runner, max pafunda, is out with bad leg, it doesnt help out to much. plus you have to give huff and robinson credit, they only get to run together about 2 times a week, because they spend most of their time on the baseball diamond. we will do better at track this year when it comes to state.
Quote:Yea Brandon Adkins, Chance Robetson, and Clay Raschella should dominate this region as far as the distance runs go. The one Brandon has to worry about in the mile run is Chris Grimm.. But he beat him at XC state. so he might be able to hold him down this track season!! He just needs to work on his sprinting

if im not mistaking Grimm was troubled by and injury and he was sick at state but Brandon is a great runner i will admit and for all of u doubting Pikeville's distance team who is going to beat them around here no one lol Pike Central is their top compition and Brett Ratliff graduated for them last year. Pikeville hands down is the best team around here and will dominate especially the 4*8 and the 4*4 until state that is lol

And as for Jones he will dominate the 100 dash at county meets, regionals and state hands down go ahead and give him the Medal lol. I was actualy running against him last year when he got hurt i felt sorry for the kid he would have won the 100 at state hands down.

Pike Central i think just needs some sprinters they have a very nice distance team IMO but i know ppl will argue that.
ohhh and the reason most teams lack a pole vaulter (sp) is due to they dont have a pit and the concern of liability for a coach i know thats y PC lacks one b/c Coach Madonna lowe never would let any one while i was there
Yea Pike Central had a fairly strong XC team this year and im looking for them to give Pikeville some competition at track. But it really doesnt matter anyway because they're AA and Pikeville is A. But the mile run is going to be a good race this year with Brandon Adkins (pikeville), Chris Grimm (Jenkins), and Johnathon Bentley (pike central); all running together in the same race. But good luck to them all.

Big Grin
Im not sure if Bentley will b running the mile for Central or not...I think Duty may run the 2 mile though... We will get the first look at the 4 by 8 rilvary at the Mason Dixon games
Pc track has sprinters coming i think. A. Gibson, Gordan Varney, Channing thacker, Derek Rowe i believe are coming out. But, the distance will be competitive.
Thacker isnt running i dont think but the other three probly will run although none of them ran last year i hope they do i would love to c Central with a good sprint team this woul dhelp them out TREMENDOUSLY in regionals against BELL and KNOX
East Ridge has two GREAT freshman sprinters in Mark and Travis Bartley.
ive seen mark bartley play basketball for ER freshman team....i was cheering for him actually...and he was nothing even close to great he just didnt look to have the right build
centrals still will have no chance with the pikevilles sprinters
SORRY
who are there highschool throwers this year???