Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville Track
Pikeville has a good track team with speed, im not sure about all the other events, but they will be competative with Steven Jones for polvolting.
Pikeville has good srinters and discus throwers but they dont have very good distance runner
Steven Jones is supposed to be the best polevaulter in A1 from what ive heard
isn't A1 a steak sauce...Yes its true THE ever so cocky Steven Jones will be vaulting for the Pikeville track team this year but will he be able to get over the bar without this EGO weighing him down. IMO this guy WILL win state and he knows it PERIOD

Posted Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:45 pm:

Rumour has it that they have a junior high GIRL thats throwin in the 80's can u say future state champ...anybody from pikevill ehave any further info on her
It's funny how much praise the track team gets, yet they go to State and get hardly any points.
How true, how true.....but with Chase Huffman and yes Steven Jones
we could place the highest we have ever placed
What is this Jr. High girls name? What do u mean "throwing in the 80's" Sorry if im just illiterate to this track term...the only time that phrase makes sense to me is in baseball/softball!
hmmmm....
"BaseballFan13" Wrote:What is this Jr. High girls name? What do u mean "throwing in the 80's" Sorry if im just illiterate to this track term...the only time that phrase makes sense to me is in baseball/softball!
some sources have said her name was Kandace Ward.......and she throws the discus....she keeps at it she will be winning this event as a senior at state
Ive heard of hre but i dont know her or know how she can throw! I believe she is in the 8th grade...I get Mrs. White (the track coach) to fill me in on her abilities.
Didn't she tie the junior high record last year?
you talk about speed you have chase huffman in 100 and 200 time champlin in the 200 you put max P ,chase H, Jacob S, and sam mirando on a 4x1 team and it will dominate. Then you have aaron stanley on the 400 with jet and sam mirando , Feild events you have will lockhart and john scott throwing discus (john broke jr high record if im not mistaken ) long jumpers john perry and joe potter triple jumper weston lindsey who jumped in the mid 30's in jr high. Pole vault we have steven jones and high jump we have Joe potter who was supposed to have 4th place as a sophmore but fluked and got 10th

if you ask me this is one heck of a track team
On the girls side, Candice will be a great help in getting points from the field events both in discus and possibly shot. I know she is awesome for her age in the discus and look for her to do big things with this over the next five years. I know the Francisco sisiters (Anne Sydney-12th & Lesley-7th) compete in in triple jump along with Bailey Joyce in the triple jump and long jump. With Bailey and Syd I look forward to a good season. I dont remeber too much more from the field.
On the track, the girls lose a lot of experience. Elizabeth Combs and Sarah Dye (both there since 6th grade) will be greatly missed along with 05 senior Adrienne Demerast who moved to Lexington. They were all big point getters. Pikeville does still have the quickness with Halie Rogers, Alyssa Cline, and Bailey Joyce. Other than that they will look to the younger girls like Christina Robinson and Jordan Shull for the longer runs.

Either way-- I know Libby White will pull together a top notch team that will be a contestor for the region as always.
Chase Huffman and Max Pufunda will be the only two contenders at state, but the boys should dominate the region. The girls will be down this year (in numbers at least). Pikeville lost their entire 3200 and 1600 relay teams and all mid-distance and distance runners. They have some people that can step up though, and some young girls who can hopefully do some distance running.
What does pikeville have iin the "Puts" Potsey?
i heard they have alot of good people that do feild in junior high.
but any that could compete at a High school level...huh...huh....huh....didnt think so

Posted Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:36 pm:

Aside from candice Ward
I think they have Brad (Furby) bryant who will recieve some points for the team
True livemaroorn none of them match the high school compedators
I believe that the track team this year should be one of the best we have had in a few years
I would love to see Jones do the pole vault but does any other team around close have anyone doing this event? I have not even seen many places setup for the event to take place.
other teams have pole vaulters but they are not a good as steve.
also pikevilles other vaulters this year should inprove with stevens help.
do pikeville have any good throwers this year???
"littlej" Wrote:I would love to see Jones do the pole vault but does any other team around close have anyone doing this event? I have not even seen many places setup for the event to take place.
But Pikeville has all the equipment at the track and they get it out for practice a couple of times a week and then for all of their meets....which they have 1-2 a week once the season gets going.
I agree pikeville does have speed. But distance is were they are weak in both girls and boys. Kylie Shmidt and Brandon adkins who ran cross country did well but thats all Ive seen. Chase H one of the best sprinters in region. But David Jones from Belfry is very FAST.
david jones is fast but he is always gets hurt and he could be faster but his starts suck.

Posted Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:36 am:

what do u think about weston lindsey this year
I heard something about pikeville not having the funding for some events
they are underfunded but they do things to raise money so i dont think hte money will be a problem
money is a problem with a winning program like this only getting $1000 a year from the school i mean a high jump mat costs more than that soo if something was to happen to the equipment they would be hurt. The money earned goes to sweatsuites and new uniforms soo i will let you figure this out
haha look to see JOE POTTER doin good at state for high jumpin this year...hes great
that is the high jumper at state i was talking bout from pikeville

Posted Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:36 pm:

i heard there was a new girls pole vaulter Shilpa Sachdeva i hope she does good the girls team also has "Badu" in the Hurdles that is if she doesnt fall at ashland again ( that last hurdle is a toughy ) and i wish them the best of luck