Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th region teams to watch for 10-11
Belfry Varsity has a lot of talent this year. Probably one of the best tumbling/stunting squads that I have seen from any school in several years. I'm sure that they will be ready to compete on Jan. 26th.

As far as what happened last year, the girls have dealt with it, put it behind them and are concentrating on this year.

Belfry JV also has a lot of talent this year. Their stunts are looking strong and some very unique transitions. I'm really excited to watch both teams perform.

:Cheerlead
cheer1020 Wrote:What teams do you predict to really stand out this year?

i say Lawrence County. They have powerful tumbling & stunting skills this year.

LOLOLLOLLOLOOOLOLOLOLOLOLzzzz
:Clap::lmao::please::Cheerlead:flush:
SweetLemonade Wrote:Thank you for listing the 6/7 girls who can land fulls. :eyeroll:

I don't need to go, I'm sure if you do good you'll post it on here, doubt it though. Proove me wrong. :biggrin:
True, the younger girls on the team are very talented and look to as carrying the team.

I've only seen three of these girls land their fulls, which are Raven, Kayla, and Shayna. I've seen Kristen and Alley attempt but not quite making it. Either way if these girls you claim can do it, I want to see it done at regionals. Hope their clutch. Goodluck, and proove me wrong.
All of the 7 girls listed have the ability to throw their fulls. Cheerleading is alot about believing in yourself & your skills. You have to be confident about them.

And yes, the middle school squad is an amazing group of tumblers, but the high school is better at stunting. It works out though, because once the middle school comes up, we gert to mix their tumbling with our stunting. And the seniors do ALOT on the team.

Everyone brings something different to a team. In this case, the seniors may not tumble as well as the freshman, but they can stunt. & They keep the positive attitudes & hold the team together, as any captain should.

I guarantee if you ask any of the lower classmen they will tell you what GREAT senior captains they have.

& even though KHSAA doesnt consider cheerleading a sport, there is a specific forum for cheerleading on this website, so it it perfectly fine to discuss on here Smile
If SC is better, then why did they NOT beat LC at camp this year???

but these two squads are really close & supportive of each other, so there's no need to try to turn them against each other. They got along real well at camp, & continue to be "sister" squads.

They both have really good teams with a great group of girls!
:Cheerlead
:popcorn:
cheer1020 Wrote:FULLS: Ali Dotson, Alley Pigmon, Callie Conn, Kayla Rucker, Kristen Baldwin, Raven Jude, & Shayna Fortney.
Smile))))))):Cheerlead:Clap::Clap:

:1:
SweetLemonade Wrote:Um, ok?

True, the younger girls on the team are very talented and look to as carrying the team.

I've only seen three of these girls land their fulls, which are Raven, Kayla, and Shayna. I've seen Kristen and Alley attempt but not quite making it. Either way if these girls you claim can do it, I want to see it done at regionals. Hope their clutch. Goodluck, and proove me wrong.

excuse me.. do i know you?
SweetLemonade Wrote:Um, ok?

AGREED ive seen only these three land them with my eyes
kbcheer(: Wrote:excuse me.. do i know you?

No.
I'm just eyes in the crowd.
goodluck cheerleaders, wish you the best.
goodluck
So how did you guys do?
FINAL warning on this thread! I've never seen so much childish banter and rule violations! Keep this clean, post your predictions, and discuss in an adult manner or it will be closed!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
Updates.

The LC girls finished 8th and got a ticket to Disney World.
Congratulations.
LC was definitely not at UCA Bluegrass Region in Lexington on the 13!
Congrats to Lawrence Co. Also was told that Prestonsburg recieved a bid to nationals on a good showing and that Johnson Central recieved a 4th in a very difficult category. Heard their routine was full of difficulty. Great job by all 15th region teams.
^ Thats great news as well.

I was told LC had points deducted because they tried to preform a routine they couldn't handle. But at least they made it to NATIONALS!

Congrats to the 15 Region teams.
A routine should be molded to a squad's talent level, not having a squad try to reach the level of a routine. Can't imagine why LC would need a routine that's too dificult for them. They have too much talent for that.
cheers&strikes Wrote:A routine should be molded to a squad's talent level, not having a squad try to reach the level of a routine. Can't imagine why LC would need a routine that's too dificult for them. They have too much talent for that.

Thats what I was thinking, thats what was put on their scorecard though.

That it was a difficult routine that they didnt preform cleanly.
I dont understand this nationals format?
LC got 8th place correct? so why are they going to nationals?
would someone please explain to me why? like how is the format and everything set up.
I could see the top 3 going but more than that seems a bit much?
SweetLemonade Wrote:Thats what I was thinking, thats what was put on their scorecard though.

That it was a difficult routine that they didnt preform cleanly.

im glad they tried i difficult routine and went all out, wonder what place they would have came in without the mishaps?
No idea. I think the setup was they were good enough to go, but because of the uncleanliness of the performance they were placed 8th. Really though i don't see how they could be considered a team to watch out for ranking 8th in region. I guess told to clean up the routine.
Lots of things to consider here...1. UCA Region is really a State Competition as it includes every school from Bowling Green to Pikeville. 2. Ky is by far the most dominating state in the UCA Nationals mix, it would be easy to place 8th in this region and still get in the top 10 at Nationals. 3. There is a cutoff score UCA uses to give out National Bids - if you look at our region nearly everyone gets a bid because our teams our that good, but look at other states and sometimes only the top 2 or 3 will make cutoff score. 4. Every team in the small varsity division but LC has been to Regionals & Nationals several times over the past 10-20 years. 6 of those teams were in the top 10 last year. We have to remember this is the beginning for LC and watch to see what the girls accomplish over the next 3 or 4 years.
cheers&strikes Wrote:Lots of things to consider here...1. UCA Region is really a State Competition as it includes every school from Bowling Green to Pikeville. 2. Ky is by far the most dominating state in the UCA Nationals mix, it would be easy to place 8th in this region and still get in the top 10 at Nationals. 3. There is a cutoff score UCA uses to give out National Bids - if you look at our region nearly everyone gets a bid because our teams our that good, but look at other states and sometimes only the top 2 or 3 will make cutoff score. 4. Every team in the small varsity division but LC has been to Regionals & Nationals several times over the past 10-20 years. 6 of those teams were in the top 10 last year. We have to remember this is the beginning for LC and watch to see what the girls accomplish over the next 3 or 4 years.

Couldn't agree more, however 8/8 still shouldnt get a bid to Nationals cut off or not. I agree that we can look to see what the underclassmen girls will accomplish over the next 3-4 years though. great athletes:Cheerlead
I too am confused about 8th place being good enough for nationals?
If they only made 8th in region what do they expect to do in nationals?
The format as stated before confuses me here.
SweetTea Wrote:I too am confused about 8th place being good enough for nationals?
If they only made 8th in region what do they expect to do in nationals?
The format as stated before confuses me here.

:popcorn:
I think either Lawrence or Pikeville will be the squad to beat.