Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best QB's Ever to Play at Your School
At Paintsville, i doubt many would question on saying that Coach David LeMaster was the best in its school history.
well my guy is kind of young but he has great talent and can take a hit i think bobby hughes will be a great player
I would have to agree w/ torqque in saing that Nick Compton was probably the best Qb that came out of Sf.

The pikeville game was also my favorite, littlej.
I would say you are correct Raider girl.
But at my school

It would have been Rocking Robbie
Doc Holliday Wrote:I would say you are correct Raider girl.
But at my school

It would have been Rocking Robbie

Robbie was great one DOC!!
Didnt you play with a pretty good option QB back in the day that went undefeated in the conference way back when
with the name of J Ray. of course we are talking when you first started playing
Nick Compton by far...
i would have liked to played with him...
Doc im not sure.. Nick started all my senior year when he was a freshman.. I did play with J Ray my junior year..My sophomore year was a good year at Wheelwright.. Teter at QB, Muntu, Arnold and Steven Jackson in the backfield. ONly game we lost was in the district was to Pikeville at Pikeville. Wheelright was 5 in the mountain top 5 and Pikeville was 1.( Thats when JI Joplin, Blair and Daramus played) Anyway, Muntu had a chance to win the game with 0 time on the clock. He broke loose for a td in the closing seconds on a kickoff return that was called back for a holding.. After that year everything went down hill when SF(SFs first year) lost several players and was put on probabtion for having a couple ineligible players.. We had to forfeit every game. I think we where 4-0 when that all happened..
I thought you played with him say when you first started.
When muntu rodney and steven hall were in the backfield
When you were wearing an orange uniform
Yes, I wasnt going that far back far.. But that was a heck of a football time.. Man somone use to kill us with the money in the middle and the cage...

Never will forget the pipe..
PVC BABY PVC lol

I doubt many will have a clue.
even though I was just a youngster I remember the PVC....lol.... and I do agree Nick Compton is the best QB BY FAR to come out of SF.
I would agree littlej, that is my favorite game too. Everyone knew what play was coming and he still went on to score. Nick was an awesome QB.
Johnson Central - Casey Musick

Paintsville- David Lemaster, Jon Holbrook, Jeff Baldwin, Tony Mayes, Chas Harmon
Some other good qb's from Johnson Central besides Casey Music, were Gary Fitzpatrick, Bj Daniel, and Billy Johnson.
Aaron Tucker or Thomas Ratliff one from Prestonsburg, but I'm only 19 so I can't remember much farther back then that.
Joey Willis holds the school record for passing yards so he could definately be mentioned.
PC
Agility- Justin McCurry
Smarts- Chase Snodgrass
Arm- Justin McCurry
Thomas Ratliff and Joey Willis from Pburg, both led pburg to their only state championship appearances, Greg Dixon was also a good QB in the 70's.
The best QB i ever watched play for Lawrence County was Jason Michaels. He graduated in 98. He went on to play at Western KY and led them to a bowl game victory his senior yr. Hes an assistant coach at Tennessee now.
JKWON33 Wrote:Johnson Central - Casey Musick

Paintsville- David Lemaster, Jon Holbrook, Jeff Baldwin, Tony Mayes, Chas Harmon
Jeff Baldwin is someone everybody forgets. In '85 he led them to the State championship game. That team was very average until the second half of the Pikeville game. Pikeville was ranked #1 or 2. Pikeville was up 21-7 at the half. Paintsville was a run oriented team. The coaches finally figured they had nothing to lose and started throwing the ball. Baldwin led them to a 42-0 pasting of a very good Pikeville team in the 2nd half for 49-21 win. He threw at least 5 TD passes.

That team went on a roll with a more balanced attack led by Baldwin.
watson ritchie.........
yea right
At South Floyd the best by far is Nick Compton......

Some other good ones are
Terrance Mullins, Aaron Hall, Charlie Williams.......
I'd have to say that the best QB to ever play at Leslie County was Tim Couch. He may not be much now, but he was the greatest back in his high school days!
ilovethisgame Wrote:I'd have to say that the best QB to ever play at Leslie County was Tim Couch. He may not be much now, but he was the greatest back in his high school days!
Id say he was...lol

He will be back in the pro's now..... Clevland messed his whole career ujp....... When he gets healthy again he will be alright imo..........
In the 80's KCC had an Estep kid that was tough I cant remember his name but I heard he got a D1 scholarship They havent had anything else but he was good. By the way, the state hasnt had a better QB than Tim Couch. Brian Brahm broke a couple of his records but u got to look at what they all had to work with. Brahm is in the same boat now though, not starting just like Couch I wish him better luck.
I would have to say that Paul Deese is the best QB to play at East Ridge. Vanover and Ratliff where good too, but IMO Deese was a little better.
4leaf Wrote:Im not being conceited, but I think it would have to be me or Brandon Ratilff. But to clear everything up, those are the only two I can think of that ever played QB at East Ridge.
I would have to agree with you, you guys were the best!
Jonny Pizzle Wrote:I would have to say that Paul Deese is the best QB to play at East Ridge. Vanover and Ratliff where good too, but IMO Deese was a little better.

Paul Deese was a showboat and a bad influence on our team... but he was a good player when he wanted to be.
I think Paul was good all the time. Given, he did do some stuff, but he still was the MVP of the team and main reason we got so many offensive yards.

I don't know if you all or jealous or what, but he's a good QB.