Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best QB's Ever to Play at Your School
Ben Howard
Ian Holbrook
Chas Harmon
Neil Warren

All from different schools
catdaddy93 Wrote:The best passing QB Johnson Central ever had was Alex Ward. He had the bad luck to play for a coach who loved to run the ball, but a couple of times he was yard for yard with Tim Couch in games against Leslie Co.

Wasn't Ward a really good baseball player?

He had a really good arm, but was kind of erratic at times.
Yeah, Ward was all state in baseball. He was like 10-0 pitching his sr. year and he went on to play baseball at Pikeville College and was the player of the year for their conference his sr year there
i would have to say my hero even though hes a moron alan mitchell who played for the lynn camp wildcats a long time ago now hes a coach for lynn camp and a good one at that just ask nick mills
catdaddy93 Wrote:Yeah, Ward was all state in baseball. He was like 10-0 pitching his sr. year and he went on to play baseball at Pikeville College and was the player of the year for their conference his sr year there

Thats what I thoguht, but I wasn't sure.
Paper Boy Wrote:I think Michael has to be the best Lawrence County ever produced, but not by an immense margin over Alan Short.

However, the best pure athlete to play QB at LC was Dontae Wright, bar none. He instantly changed games with the ball in his hands.

Was great to see some names from the past in this thread -- Dwayne Francisco, Blair, Mays. Great players.

One of note at Ashland I remember was Chuck Broughton.

At Paintsville, wasn't Chuke Williams a pretty fair option QB back in the day? Anybody remember that far back?

Anybody remember how tough Bill Allen was at Morgan County?

And as far as P'burg QBs go, I'll take Trevor Compton for $1,000, Alex. But Willis was good, too.
you would take compton over willis then you are not in your right mind willis was hands down 10 times better than compton
I was the greatest Wrote:you would take compton over willis then you are not in your right mind willis was hands down 10 times better than compton

You might think so from your observations, but what I saw told me Compton threw it with a quicker release, made faster decisions and was much deadlier on his feet than Willis.

I am by no means saying you are wrong, just that my observations were different than yours. If that puts me out of my right mind, then point me to the rubber room.:Geek:
Ian Holbrook and Ryne Salyer were two really good quarterbacks who played at Ashland.

Allen Wayne Holland was a great quarterback for Perry County Central, he threw the ball very well, and he was extremely hard to tackle because he was so quick and agile.

Dustin Grutza from Mason County is another great quarterback i can remember, he really impressed me with his patience and his ability to throw. He was also a very good scrambler.
Wyatt Earp Wrote:He was a dandy and played tough on defense also. Had one of the best hits I have seen at the Brackett one night. Great attitude in football and basketball. Must run in the family. Somebody is doing something right.
i thought he was helluva safety or i guess it was monster back..
he put a guy in the ambulance one night up at Brackett.
AshlandTcat06 Wrote:Ian Holbrook and Ryne Salyer were two really good quarterbacks who played at Ashland.

Allen Wayne Holland was a great quarterback for Perry County Central, he threw the ball very well, and he was extremely hard to tackle because he was so quick and agile.

Dustin Grutza from Mason County is another great quarterback i can remember, he really impressed me with his patience and his ability to throw. He was also a very good scrambler.
grutza from mason co right?
didn't he graduate last year i think he is the starting qb for cinci if i am not mistaken....
I was the greatest Wrote:grutza from mason co right?
didn't he graduate last year i think he is the starting qb for cinci if i am not mistaken....

Grutza graduated 2 years ago. He was originally supposed to go to Wake Forest but I believe you are correct that he is now at Cincinnati. His best receiver, and I believe Kentucky Mr. Basketball, Chris Lofton, has been starting for Tennessee basketball since his freshman season.