Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changes at Pikeville
Beef Wrote:
ComfortEagle Wrote:From what I've heard it's no longer completely McNamee's decision whether he stays.
Posted 31 Jan 2005 01:59 pm:

I've heard they have been pressuring him and making him feel bad about his coaching styles and only having 2 regional championships.
I hate the dang administration...they really are messing up a lot of "crap" at the School....Pressuring Mac out...a coach that has gained FULL respect from his players and staff.....

Coach Mac is great coach who has earned the entire teams respect. Unlike, some other coach from Pikeville who they arent thinking about firing... but I wont mention any names.....but we all know who Im talking about.
BaseballFan13 Wrote:Coach Mac is a great coach and an even better person. He will make the decision based on what he feels is the right move for him....i think we should all respect whatever decision he makes and i personally wish him the best of luck!

even though i want him at Pikeville for as long as he will stay.

i have to agree.. he has brought pikeville a long way, in my opinion... i also wish him the best of luck with the decision...... but i would love for him to stay i dont think the panthers would be as good without him!!
dirty30 Wrote:
Beef Wrote:Doesn't eveything revolve around money???

For the most part yes, but especially Pikeville High School. THey have plenty of money and they should be willing to dish out MAC the money he deserves. Taking care of a family isnt easy, so if Mac does leave i understand why but i would still hate to see him go. But the point I'm trying to get to Beef is that Pikeville only worries about money when tehy have plenty of it. Money is all Keno and the School thinks about, and liek i said i hate it!

Posted Sat Jan 29, 2005 5:54 pm:

spxdad Wrote:Write it down...Jan 29th, 415pm...Said here first, call it a scoop for BGR,There will be a new head FB coach at Pikeville next year.
An announcement will come in the next 10 days that Mac is leaving for greener pastures.
The new coaching position will be advertised and all applicants will be considered. Some big name coaches have already expressed an interest in the job.

What makes you so sure about this. DO you knwo for a 100% fact it will happen?

well dirty30 i have to agree that MOST of the school at pikeville is all about money but i dont think all of it is, i mean i could see coach mac's reson for leaving if he was offered more money at central..... but im not exactly sure if hes all about "the money" its also in his heart...
the best player pikeville have next year in regards to football will be HUMZA baby!!!!!! Tongue
if mac does leave i wish him luck wherever he goes
and luck to the new head coach who will try to the fill the monstrous position that mac held
first off i would like to say that i never in amillion years thought that this would happen...but o well...hes leaving.......that doesnt take the heartbeat out of this well respected team...BTW...liveformaroon....catchy name whered u get it
I am changing My mind and saying that Mac is staying....
Guys,

I honestly dont know at this point in time, I just hope he goes where he likes it the most, to benifit him and his family

STAY HERE MAC!!!
LOL
If that is true that the administration is pressuring him out-- that's terrible!
Coach Mac is probably the most respected head coach Pikeville has. Not only does he get this respect from his players, but all the students at PHS. Ive heard many good remarks about him from all sorts of students that I dont think would ever be said about any of the other head coaches.
Just My Opinion.
I dont think he will leave....
its true though, he gets respect from EVERYONE at Pikeville High School, and the community for that matter, he deserves every bit of it, he's a great head coach, and a great person for that matter
he will leave im about 95% sure he will not b/c of the players of course but of the administration.
I'm not sure he's going to leave. He's been planning and doing other things for next season, and I would think he would have announced it by now if he was. I think we'll see him as coach of the Panthers, at least for one more year.
Hopefully he'll be there until im gone lol
Mac Is staying I do Believe....
I think he may stay also
or maybe he is just wanting to wait to announce his decision
not sure tho
only time will tell
Im confident in whatever decision he makes because as my coach i trust him and realize that he has a family to feed