Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changes at Pikeville
Does anyone know the facts on coach Mac leaving pikeville. i asked him in gym class and he refused to answer. If Mac leaves who will be head coach.
No one but Coach Mac knows what he is going to do. The rumors have been circulating for awhile that he would be going to Pike Central because they offered him more money. I guess we'll all just have to wait and find out.
Trust me....He will stay......
Mac is a great coach, i hope he doesnt leave. if he does the program might drop
panthermania Wrote:Trust me....He will stay......
What makes you so sure?
i dont doubt mac will leave. he's a good coach, so i dont doubt central for wanting him.... if they offer him more money, HES GONE.
Well then I guess we can say goodbye to Coach Mac, because last I heard they were going to double what he was making at Pikeville.
I recently heard he wasn't leaving Pikeville
Mac is not leaving.....
i guess that only time will tell. ill ask him tommorow to see if we get an answer
panthermania Wrote:Mac is not leaving.....
I just don't see how you can be so sure.
the guys got a top notch class A program i wouldnt drop that for some second rate AA team that will not make it past the first round of playoffs. i mean from what i've heard Mac is a great coach that knows alot about the game........but a Single A powerhouse to a Double A DUD?????? no way is that happening
It's all about the $$ liveMAROON, the guy has to support his family. Now if you had a wife and three kids, and you got offered a job that was paying twice as much as the one you currently have, would you take it?
Farva Wrote:It's all about the $$ liveMAROON, the guy has to support his family. Now if you had a wife and three kids, and you got offered a job that was paying twice as much as the one you currently have, would you take it?

PDT_003
im just saying...what happened to the tradition of pikeville.....how did everything become about money...why cant it just be about football......if i was faced with that decision you ask...........my answer wuld be simple...i would stay......and if chris Mcnamee reads this board then im hoping he understands when its said that pikeville needs him
Farva Wrote:Well then I guess we can say goodbye to Coach Mac, because last I heard they were going to double what he was making at Pikeville.

Considering that has yet to even lead Pikeville to a state championship game, I find it hard to believe that Pike Central would double his salary.
nonetheless he was a good coach and theres noone that could replace him that would be any better in this short of notice
first of all you people should know that rumors are a dangerous thing to play around with..... heresay 90% of the time is bologna
secondly t-blankenship i find it rude that youa asked coach Mac if he was leaving pikeville thats hes decision and his alone.....i do hope though that he stays he and all of the other coaches are the links that hold this pikeville football team together
panthereuphoria Wrote:first of all you people should know that rumors are a dangerous thing to play around with..... heresay 90% of the time is bologna
secondly t-blankenship i find it rude that youa asked coach Mac if he was leaving pikeville thats hes decision and his alone.....i do hope though that he stays he and all of the other coaches are the links that hold this pikeville football team together
Yeah...I want to ask everytime that I walk by but it should be something that he decides and doesn't need people asking him all the time....

I personally hope that he stays because I have the upmost respect for the man!
liveMAROON Wrote:im just saying...what happened to the tradition of pikeville.....how did everything become about money...why cant it just be about football......if i was faced with that decision you ask...........my answer wuld be simple...i would stay......and if chris Mcnamee reads this board then im hoping he understands when its said that pikeville needs him

It's always been about money, except during that time we were creating this tradition, we were winning championships and such. We had more money then, than we probably do now.
panthereuphoria Wrote:first of all you people should know that rumors are a dangerous thing to play around with..... heresay 90% of the time is bologna

first of all great post, and yes rumors are dangerous. we will all know in due time. If i were a player I would want him to stay because this man is one heck of a coach. but its his decision

[/quote]It's always been about money, except during that time we were creating this tradition, we were winning championships and such. We had more money then, than we probably do now.
Quote:I realize that but that doesnt mean i have to agree with it. IMO McNamee will be the one to bring the full ptential out of the young players that pikeville has now.
Sry but i didn't ask him personally, i was there when another football player asked him. And i will not ask him in gym....
There ya go....now the fact of the matter is....if mac does leave then...well the panthers will have to rely on whoever the new frontrunner is be it Saylers or Whoever they will have to move on no use crying over spilled milk
Coach Mac is a great coach and an even better person. He will make the decision based on what he feels is the right move for him....i think we should all respect whatever decision he makes and i personally wish him the best of luck!

even though i want him at Pikeville for as long as he will stay.
Great post 13............he will make the right decision I'm sure of it
liveMAROON Wrote:im just saying...what happened to the tradition of pikeville.....how did everything become about money...why cant it just be about football......if i was faced with that decision you ask...........my answer wuld be simple...i would stay......and if chris Mcnamee reads this board then im hoping he understands when its said that pikeville needs him

I agree with farva on this one....He does have a family...but....for the umpteenth time...he is not leaving....lol....

Posted Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:43 am:

T-Blankenship78 Wrote:Sry but i didn't ask him personally, i was there when another football player asked him. And i will not ask him in gym....

I hope you didn't ask him...lol...cause that would be rude...listen....Mac is a great man....I love the man....He is one heck of a coach....and if you ask me, he is worth a whole lot more money than pikeville is probably paying him...if....if...and i say if because i really don't think he is leaving, if pikeville looses him to money because they are too tight to shell out the extra cash then they are making a big mistake cause there is no one that can replace that man......I wish him the best of luck.....if it is about money though, i just wish pikeville would match the salery PC is offering.....Good luck to mac....
Rumor has it that The Pike Central caoch watched one of Pikevilles weight sessions on friday. anyone have an explanation?
Yeah...I heard a couple days ago that central wantede mac to atleast help them out with a weight training schedule....
for all we know that pike central coach could be a new addition to the coaching staff
some people in my history class were talking to salyer and he said if mac leaves he wont step up to head coach.