Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changes at Pikeville
If Mac leaves so will his regime. Leaving an unknown to fill his place. We have had a lot of schools coaches come watch us weight train before. I remember back a couple years ago we had a Pike Central coach and an East Ridge coach come watch us to see how we did things. You have to remember a lot of these coaches are friends.
True, True...plus....salyer WILL step up...if the school will let him.....if not, then he will go back to ashland.....as for the rest of them...well i heard that wheeler was already leaving...hate to see him goes cause he knew his stuff.....as for priode, howell, and the rest??????Only time will tell....
true... but i dont think howell and priode will leave. they love the school to much
I never said they would......Priode will be there for a while longer....howell, i really don't know????
since howell coaches baseball to that should make him stay
Howell may help coach the college.
T-Blankenship78 Wrote:true... but i dont think howell will leave. (he) love the school to much
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!
????
From what i have heard Mac is leaving but as said by pikeville eutopia rumors are bad. It is also said that yes salyers will go to ashland and there is another coach coming from WV but how much can you trust these people that tell you these things i mean for all we know pikeville has doubled his salary just because of what they have seen from this year. Also you can look at it this way if he leaves you never know what kind of a coach they will bring being better or just as good but they will not replace the type of man he is
As of right now, my sources and I have concluded from what we have gathered from assistant coaches, Mac is staying....at least for this year.
potsey Wrote:From what i have heard Mac is leaving but as said by pikeville eutopia rumors are bad. It is also said that yes salyers will go to ashland and there is another coach coming from WV but how much can you trust these people that tell you these things i mean for all we know pikeville has doubled his salary just because of what they have seen from this year. Also you can look at it this way if he leaves you never know what kind of a coach they will bring being better or just as good but they will not replace the type of man he is

You are sooooooooo wrong.....
Yes Potsey you are......IMO nobody will replace the type of coach he was. with the connections he had with the players and the trust. there is no way another man can gain all of that back in a season
yes no one will connect with the players like he did i didnt mean that i was just saying in skill wise of coaching a team soo if he leaves it willl hurt the program for a few years but if the new coach has a good training program then it would be good but IMO i dont want him to leave he is the only coach that next years seniors have had and it could hurt them Knowing that they have a really good team and he is a heck of a coach and IMO i would rather they never replace him
NO ONE CAN REPLACE MAC
this is very true
Oy Vey, guys. McNamee isn't leaving.
potsey Wrote:yes no one will connect with the players like he did i didnt mean that i was just saying in skill wise of coaching a team soo if he leaves it willl hurt the program for a few years but if the new coach has a good training program then it would be good but IMO i dont want him to leave he is the only coach that next years seniors have had and it could hurt them Knowing that they have a really good team and he is a heck of a coach and IMO i would rather they never replace him

Can you say PUNCTUATION....I don't know where to begin reading.....Joe Potter is the best Tight End...LMAO
is that my best friend STOP SIGN
How could you tell.....By the way I preferred salyers name better...."Mr. kool-aide"....lol
Pikeville will suffer extremely if mac leave, good players+new coach=
Bad Season
fro mwhat i can tell all is well at pikeville. Mac will at least stay another year at pikeville.From what i hear he is very enthusiastic about the upcoming football season
If Pikeville would have kept Coach Chapman this would be a non-issue. That is the single worse mistake the school ever made by letting him leave. He could coach circles around Mac, trust me i know. Pikeville would also have another championship banner hanging(1999)if they would have kept Coach Chapman. He is just as good if not a better all around coach that Coach Howard and its a shame they let him go after one season. He took a 5-6 team in 97 and took them to 10-3 in 98 with pretty much the same players. I know he was a nutcase but the players loved him and the man could flat out coach. To bad him and Keno couldn't get along.
He may have been able to coach, but when he attacked a kid, his career at Pikeville was over.
ComfortEagle Wrote:He may have been able to coach, but when he attacked a kid, his career at Pikeville was over.

He didn't attack the kid CE I was there. He kicked the equipment box out of between the kids legs while it was sitting on the ground. The kid had quit on his team and teammates the day before and had no business being on the pratice field during pratice. The reason Coach Cahpman left is that his and Kenos ego(s)clashed several times and when Keno saw the opportunity to get rid of him he did. You would have loved playing for Coach Chapman CE and would probably have a big ring on your finger had he stayed.
I heard that Chapman was a horrible coach????
panthermania Wrote:I heard that Chapman was a horrible coach????
You heard wrong.
No, PM he was a good coach, but everyone thought he was crazy. I guess the stories I heard about him weren't completely true.
ComfortEagle Wrote:No, PM he was a good coach, but everyone thought he was crazy. I guess the stories I heard about him weren't completely true.

I admit he was a little crazy but he was a great football coach...both defense and offense.
I think the school partially turned against him when his son ended up not playing.
Forgive my ignorance...even though this was before my time, but who is chapmans son?