Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Golf
"KnowWhatIMean?" Wrote:In my opinion heres how the 11th region at Paintsville Country Club will turn out:

1.Hazard-293
2.Johnson central-304
3.Pikeville-320

Individual

1.Cameron Bailey-Hazard-65
2.Chase Carpenter-Magoffin County-66
3.Josh Smith-Perry County Central-67
X.Jordan Newsome-Pikeville-Disqualified after 2nd hole

:theman:
yea im with Golfman 42 and Knowwhatimean.......Hazard is gonna get the win and do da freaky freaky all up and down that gd course. :golf: :moon:
"golfman42" Wrote:That is hillarious.....hazard wants it more than anyone in the region and the work they are already putting in is looking pretty good. With the past years hazar letting the title slipping through their hands they are eager to take down anybody in there way......especially Pikeville........hopefully hazard will be apired with P'Vill, Johnson Central, and P'Burg......just so the scores are true.
How does someone want it more than anyone in the region? Are you saying that Pikeville or any other team will be out there just playing and not care where they finish? When I played at Pikeville we wanted to win region EVERY year and went out there trying to do that even if we had a young team and the chances looked slim.

Pikeville will break 300 too, and challenge strongly for the title. Golf is a crazy sport and anyone can win at any given time. One bad kick here, one bad lie there and it can change the whole game. The Panthers were runner-up last season and only lost one player from that team who will be replaced by a player that played in many tourney last year and has good experience. :thumb:
"Beef" Wrote:How does someone want it more than anyone in the region? Are you saying that Pikeville or any other team will be out there just playing and not care where they finish? When I played at Pikeville we wanted to win region EVERY year and went out there trying to do that even if we had a young team and the chances looked slim.

Pikeville will break 300 too, and challenge strongly for the title. Golf is a crazy sport and anyone can win at any given time. One bad kick here, one bad lie there and it can change the whole game. The Panthers were runner-up last season and only lost one player from that team who will be replaced by a player that played in many tourney last year and has good experience. :thumb:

The reason hazard wants it so bad is because they have 5 seniors who havent won a title yet. Hazard hasnt won region in around 30 years. They want to go down in hazard history as 11th region champs. Plus hazard has alot of talent beef. These boys have been playing together for 3 years now. Plus Paintsville sets up as a good course for Hazard. Everybody in the community is rooting for them.
Tell him Golfman42 u no how it do......u no hazard gonna b doin da freaky freaky walk all over pikeville
I understand that Hazard wants it. All that I was saying is that Pikeville wants it just as bad. They havn't won since 1992 (i believe) and feel that they have something to prove after finishing runner-up this past seaon. IMO, saying that a team wants it more than anyone in the region is an overstatement. Pikeville's guys have experience too:

Castle -- 4th year in top 5
Bell -- 3rd
Hall -- 2nd -- with a tourney or two in 2003
Newsome and Castle switched in and out this past season both playing in a couple of tourneys.

Another thing that I believe helps Pikeville is the schedule that they play. They schedule 8-9 tournaments across the state before they play in region. IMO playing the competition that they play (top teams in the state almost every week) and all of the different courses that they play, only makes them better as the year progresses.

Hazard should have a strong team, don't get me wrong, but just to say that they will win it all because they want it more doesn't fly with me. Everyone wants it :thumb:
Both of you seem to be strong Hazard fans, but just show why you think they will win other than they want it more?
Ok first of all Mr.Beefy:
"Another thing that I believe helps Pikeville is the schedule that they play. They schedule 8-9 tournaments across the state before they play in region. IMO playing the competition that they play (top teams in the state almost every week) and all of the different courses that they play, only makes them better as the year progresses."

Yes they may play 8-9 tournaments across the state and have thier as$ beaten in each and everyone, always finishing behind Hazard, JC and all other decent teams. But yet post career scores at region and please don't argue this one b/c I know Pikevilles entire team personally and those scores just aren't possible.

And on your other post.....

Both of you seem to be strong Hazard fans, but just show why you think they will win other than they want it more?

The regional trophy, respect, state tournament ,yeah all that stuff, sure I guess every team wants that about the same.....but they're playing for that wild party after region and for the rest of thieir lives having to think about how those five hard up dont give a dam about nothing wildmen won it on their own pi$$ing off any and all who got in their way.....

"KnowWhatIMean?" Wrote:Yes they may play 8-9 tournaments across the state and have thier as$ beaten in each and everyone, always finishing behind Hazard, JC and all other decent teams. But yet post career scores at region and please don't argue this one b/c I know Pikevilles entire team personally and those scores just aren't possible.
How can they finish behind JC, Paintsville, and Hazard when none of those teams even play in half of the tourneys that Pikeville plays in? I'm not talking about the afternoon 9 hole matches, I'm talking about the Kentucky Invitational Tourney in Louisville against St. X, Trinity, Lex. Cath (top 3 teams in the state) and many other tourneys. Get out of EKY and play some teams :thumb: Not to mention I believe that Pikeville did finish ahead of all the teams you mentioned in the PIT, finishing just behind the 3 state powers that I mentioned. And Pikeville's one man -- Joe Castle -- won another Lousiville tourney this past season. So to say that they get their asses handed to them every time they step on the course...I mean come on :Shaking:

Quote:The regional trophy, respect, state tournament ,yeah all that stuff, sure I guess every team wants that about the same.....but they're playing for that wild party after region and for the rest of thieir lives having to think about how those five hard up dont give a dam about nothing wildmen won it on their own pi$$ing off any and all who got in their way.....
So all they care about is winning so they can party and they arn't going to show any CLASS in the process because they don't care who they tick off? Sure sounds like the team that I would want representing my region at state. I wish them the best of luck, I really do hope all players play the best that they can, but if they don't give a crap about the way that they act and stuff, then I would have to cheer against them. Golf is a game of sportsmanship and CLASS and I would hope that this Hazard team would show both because if they don't it would be a big let down the the HHS teams of the past who did.
"Beef" Wrote:How can they finish behind JC, Paintsville, and Hazard when none of those teams even play in half of the tourneys that Pikeville plays in? I'm not talking about the afternoon 9 hole matches, I'm talking about the Kentucky Invitational Tourney in Louisville against St. X, Trinity, Lex. Cath (top 3 teams in the state) and many other tourneys. Get out of EKY and play some teams :thumb: Not to mention I believe that Pikeville did finish ahead of all the teams you mentioned in the PIT, finishing just behind the 3 state powers that I mentioned. And Pikeville's one man -- Joe Castle -- won another Lousiville tourney this past season. So to say that they get their asses handed to them every time they step on the course...I mean come on :Shaking:

So all they care about is winning so they can party and they arn't going to show any CLASS in the process because they don't care who they tick off? Sure sounds like the team that I would want representing my region at state. I wish them the best of luck, I really do hope all players play the best that they can, but if they don't give a crap about the way that they act and stuff, then I would have to cheer against them. Golf is a game of sportsmanship and CLASS and I would hope that this Hazard team would show both because if they don't it would be a big let down the the HHS teams of the past who did.

Its not like HHS didnt play in almost every tournament Pikeville played in. The PIT(Pikeville), PIT(Paintsville), and at Boone Links in the Steve Flesch tourney. Hazard has been up against the same talent and competition as Pikeville.
"golfman42" Wrote:Its not like HHS didnt play in almost every tournament Pikeville played in. The PIT(Pikeville), PIT(Paintsville), and at Boone Links in the Steve Flesch tourney. Hazard has been up against the same talent and competition as Pikeville.
But go look at Pikeville's schedule. We are talking some of the best tourneys in the state. The KIT, by far the BEST field in the state (probably even better than the state tourney itself) and at a VERY hard course. I know that Hazard plays in a couple, but Pikeville plays in 8-9 across before region against some tough competition on some hard courses. Maybe this helps them, maybe it hurts. It can give them an idea of different types of shots and weather conditions to play in, but then again it could hurt them because they get less time on the course where region will be held. Who knows which is better, Pikeville does it this way to try to force the kids to play the best they can against the stiff competition so they don't make fools of themselves, but it's just what they have done for a while. Is it better? I don't know.
The only time Hazard lost to Pikeville last year was the PIT on August 6 and only by a few shots on P'Villes home turf......you talk about all this comptetion they face and the talent Pikeville holds but then again do the following scores ring a bell:

1)J.Newsome-93
2)J.Castle-87
3)G.Hall-93
4)J.Bell-87

Pikeville Panthers 360(+72)
20/24
CUT

In case you didn't recognize that data it represents the embarassing showing Pikeville put on at last years State Championship. Showing that thye were'nt worthy of making the trip and perhaps aided their own scorecards to get there.........
None of Pikevilles players made the cut at the state tournament neither did Johnson Centrals. The only players that made it from this region were Cameron Bailey from Hazard and Chase Carpenter from Magoffin Co. These 2 are the best 2 golfers in this region by far. No one from Pikeville or Johnson Central can compare to these 2.
Notice how none of the players from Pikeville or Johnson Central made the cut at the state tournament. The only players that made the cut from this region were Cameron Bailey from Hazard and Chase Carpenter from Magoffin Co. These 2 players are hands down better and above any of the other players in the region.
"KnowWhatIMean?" Wrote:The only time Hazard lost to Pikeville last year was the PIT on August 6 and only by a few shots on P'Villes home turf......you talk about all this comptetion they face and the talent Pikeville holds but then again do the following scores ring a bell:

1)J.Newsome-93
2)J.Castle-87
3)G.Hall-93
4)J.Bell-87

Pikeville Panthers 360(+72)
20/24
CUT

In case you didn't recognize that data it represents the embarassing showing Pikeville put on at last years State Championship. Showing that thye were'nt worthy of making the trip and perhaps aided their own scorecards to get there.........
I wasn't saying that I didn't want them to represent the region based on the way that they play, I didn't want them based on the attitude that you portrayed they have. About
Quote:five hard up dont give a dam about nothing wildmen won it on their own pi$$ing off any and all who got in their way

Like I said earlier, I wish HAzard well and hope that they and Pikeville battle for the crown, but I would expect them to play with class in this "Gentleman's" game
"Beef" Wrote:But go look at Pikeville's schedule. We are talking some of the best tourneys in the state. The KIT, by far the BEST field in the state (probably even better than the state tourney itself) and at a VERY hard course. I know that Hazard plays in a couple, but Pikeville plays in 8-9 across before region against some tough competition on some hard courses. Maybe this helps them, maybe it hurts. It can give them an idea of different types of shots and weather conditions to play in, but then again it could hurt them because they get less time on the course where region will be held. Who knows which is better, Pikeville does it this way to try to force the kids to play the best they can against the stiff competition so they don't make fools of themselves, but it's just what they have done for a while. Is it better? I don't know.

I can look at their schedule till my eyes fall out but look where they placed in those big tourneys. They finished near the bottom at Boone Links
is hayes from sf any good
Yeah he's **** good...........at cheating hahahaha
"KnowWhatIMean?" Wrote:Yeah he's **** good...........at cheating hahahaha

Worst thing i have seen. Dont accuse someone of cheating when they have never did such a thing.
Let's stop the personal character attacks or this thread will close.
Unsubstantiated charges of cheating have no place here.
This isn't an "Unsubstantiated charge" I myself and my best friends and parents have personally witnessed the kid cheat.
This thread has lost it's focus!
Therefore, CLOSED!!