Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville Soccer
PHS i know im not going to win this fight b/c both of our programs literaly hate one another so i might as well forget about it doesnt matter anyways b/c 99% of the kids from Pikeviile didnt get scolarships anyways. Well all know that Central will dominate Pikevilles souls next year anyways.
also..99% of the seniors this year dont want to play soccer in college...the ones that do out of the top of my head...ones getting looked at by union seriously, another two looked at by union, two by pikeville college when they get a team, ones going to kcu to play prob, another one has heard from georgetown and two other colleges that want him..the rest..they dont want to play....but gues good luck next year, tho u wont be needin it
Well happy to hear that for the ones who are getting looked at and hope to b there with one of u all. Are u getting looked at
well thanks-

yea by three right now, but im not quite sure where i'll end up
oh and y wont we need any luck
cause im guessing next year you all wil beat pikeville...next year...cause they have nothing coming back...barely anyone..and valley..unless they get some foreign student they have nothing
15thregionslammabamma you are right that nobody is gonna win this argument. But saying that 99% of Pikeville players dont get scholarships is stupid. Phs is right, several of their players dont want to continue to play and colleges know this and dont come looking. But for the ones who are interested they are most likely going to get their chance because colleges are seriously looking to give a handful of this years pikeville players scholarships.

Brian Elkins - KCU
Corey Castle - Union
Raf Rangel - Georgetown
Dave Taylor and Tyler Thompson - Pikeville College
Rangel and Taylor were the best ones.
What about that Altman kid?
Altman as far as i know doesnt want to play in college...he will play intramurals no doubt, but he doesnt want to play on the school team...he will end up at UK or Transy...and as well all know those teams are just about impossible to play on.

Taylor will stay he in Pikeville and play a year, then im guessing he goes to TN (not to play soccer) or transfers to another school.

Rangel already plays club soccer up in lexington...and being one of the best offensive players in south east kentucky, he doenst have a problem getting scholarships...

It actually comes down to the school...I know for a fact that Pikeville College was looking at 7 seniors from last year, Altman, Elkins, Castle, Taylor, Rangel, Thompson, and Burchfield. Union also was looking at Castle, Elkins, and Rangel. Castle should be there in the fall.

People need to know the truth before they make a post about players from pikeville not getting scholarships....oh yeah, collier isnt a threat at all on defense.
"15thRegionSlamaBamma" Wrote:PHS i know im not going to win this fight b/c both of our programs literaly hate one another so i might as well forget about it doesnt matter anyways b/c 99% of the kids from Pikeviile didnt get scolarships anyways. Well all know that Central will dominate Pikevilles souls next year anyways.

8 players (Altman, Rangel, Burchfield, Elkins, Castle, Thompson, Taylor, and Perry)were offered scholarships out of the 14 seniors....do the math, that is 57 %. We all know that somebody has a pike central education.
"15thRegionSlamaBamma" Wrote:Yeah i guess Kyle Collier was a horibble defender considering there was only 1 or 2 goals scored on his side by pikeville let me tell u thats realy bad and if i recall he nearly knocked Brian Elkins out in one game when they both went for a header im sure Elkins remembers that one. Collier never cried about anything the onyl time i truely remember him getting seriously hurt was when Payton May went for a slide tackle and cliped colliers ankle. So i think u may need to get ur facts straight or oh yeah i for got Pikeville are bad @*$es. What a joke

If anyone was knocked out it was Collier after Pikeville's Michael Tackett got ahold of him...if i remember right Collier just laid on the ground grabbing his shin. And Thompson didn't get knocked out by a person, but a ball hit him in the head at the end of the 1st half, and i know he felt that one...felt it enough to complain to the ref...
"phs20white" Wrote:also..99% of the seniors this year dont want to play soccer in college...the ones that do out of the top of my head...ones getting looked at by union seriously, another two looked at by union, two by pikeville college when they get a team, ones going to kcu to play prob, another one has heard from georgetown and two other colleges that want him..the rest..they dont want to play....but gues good luck next year, tho u wont be needin it
THERE IS NO CHANCE OF ANY PIKEVILLE PLAYERS MAKING IT IN COLLEGE.... IT IS A WHOLE DIFFERENT LEVEL THEN EASTERN KENTUCKY SOCCER.... PLEASE UNDERSTNAD THE ASPECTS OF THE BEAUTIFUL GAME BEFORE ANYMORE OF YOU STUPID SHITS TRY TO COMMENT ABOUT ANYTHING.....
"phsplyr17" Wrote:Altman as far as i know doesnt want to play in college...he will play intramurals no doubt, but he doesnt want to play on the school team...he will end up at UK or Transy...and as well all know those teams are just about impossible to play on.

Taylor will stay he in Pikeville and play a year, then im guessing he goes to TN (not to play soccer) or transfers to another school.

Rangel already plays club soccer up in lexington...and being one of the best offensive players in south east kentucky, he doenst have a problem getting scholarships...

It actually comes down to the school...I know for a fact that Pikeville College was looking at 7 seniors from last year, Altman, Elkins, Castle, Taylor, Rangel, Thompson, and Burchfield. Union also was looking at Castle, Elkins, and Rangel. Castle should be there in the fall.

People need to know the truth before they make a post about players from pikeville not getting scholarships....oh yeah, collier isnt a threat at all on defense.
PIKEVILLE DOES NOT EVEN HAVE A COACH..... HOW IN THE HELL DO YOU SCOUT PLAYERS WHEN THE POSITION IS NOT EVEN FILLED.... BUT I AM SURE BECAUSE OF THE FACT THAT IT IS PIKEVILLE, AND EVERYONE IN THAT AREA IS CORRUPT, THEN THEY PROBALLY WILL BE THERE PLAYING, AND THAT IS A SAD FACT FOR SOCCER
"FUßBALLLIEBE" Wrote:THERE IS NO CHANCE OF ANY PIKEVILLE PLAYERS MAKING IT IN COLLEGE.... IT IS A WHOLE DIFFERENT LEVEL THEN EASTERN KENTUCKY SOCCER.... PLEASE UNDERSTNAD THE ASPECTS OF THE BEAUTIFUL GAME BEFORE ANYMORE OF YOU STUPID SHITS TRY TO COMMENT ABOUT ANYTHING.....

What are you talking about, Phs20white was just stating the facts, colleges are looking at some of pikevilles players. Though they are not big soccer schools it is still college soccer and money in their pocket if they do get a scholarship. As for us stupid S***s not uderstanding the "beautiful aspects of the game" most of the players from pikeville have been playing their whole lives.
just because pikeville doesnt have a coach, doesnt mean they can not fill their positions. Over half of the team coached themselves.

and for FUBBALLLIEBE, not all colleges are Lindsay Wilson, (if you know anything about soccer you know what i'm talking about) and you are right, you do have to play on a higher level, a level that a handful of Pikeville's players can compete at. Dont make obscene posts just because you are jealous that we are better than YOU!!!
Ok, lets get some facts straight.

I play for central, and Kyle and If I rember correctly they attacked your side almost every time.

Also, I rember coming over to channing and helping you because they would constanly atk your side.
Joe Dan (pc's coach) told me to, he said right needed some back up, because its weaker than mine.

And another, I rember you crying after we lost to pikeville in district and when we got beat in Region.

For another, 2 or 3 goals were scored on my side the entire year, I belive one I even knocked it in...which was kinda funny, But I saved many of them, which makes up for.

Haha, the only decent defender we have is the sweeper im guessing you were talking about?
Channing was good, I have to admit.

But when I recall pikeville, I stopped a 2 on 1 more times than I can count.
pffft, once again, to much glory for people who doesnt need that much.

and im not dissing anyone, im just standing up for what I belive and finally saying something.

Good day.
Good post Face2Face.

You are correct in that we did take it down Colliers side most of the time. I also agree that you all had a pretty solid D and we had trouble scoring on you in most of the games in which we played you all.
well seems to me like you all might have argued some back there on D...needing to help out the right side a lot...i remember the middle the being fairly good
yeah well i guess this hole forum is all correct i guess i do suck and dont need to play soccer good day everyone.
Can we remember this thread is about PIKEVILLE soccer. Not Central. Try to keep things on topic. If you Central players want to bicker with each other, start a Central 2005 Soccer thread.

Look for Max Pafunda and Michael Hull both to play well for the Panthers.
"youknowwhoibe" Wrote:Can we remember this thread is about PIKEVILLE soccer. Not Central. Try to keep things on topic. If you Central players want to bicker with each other, start a Central 2005 Soccer thread.

Look for Max Pafunda and Michael Hull both to play well for the Panthers.

AMEN!!!
Does anybody know anything about Tyler Terry? He is an incoming freshman and i heard he is gonna try and play goalie for the panthers next year. Ive never seen him play but i heard he is pretty good, if anyone has any info on him enlighten us please.
yeah i've heard his name being mentioned yet i have no idea who the kid is
he'd be a great goalie...
hes really tall and lanky
and pretty fast...

hes an 8th grader now...

ppl call him "dude"

sound familiar now?
i havent seen him, all i know is he is better than the current freshman goalie
yea i talked to him today
he really is plannin to play...like for sure
and he does wanna be goalie
"phsplyr17" Wrote:i havent seen him, all i know is he is better than the current freshman goalie

who is hte current freshman goalie?
"go panthers!!!" Wrote:who is hte current freshman goalie?

The current Freshman goalie is Tyler Hazlett. He showed very brief flashes of being an able goalie but he was never in shape and didnt have a very good attitude. Id say the goalie position is wide open for next year and from what ive heard that Terry kid is pretty good so im guessing the job will be his.
there is no way that Terry could NOT get the starting spot at keeper....I think my grandma could play keep better than hazlett
i know who you're talking about now..and by the looks of him he looks much more athletic and a better goalkeeper then hazelett- he doesn't have the work rate to be a good keeper by any means..hes not athletic at all