•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central 60 Shelby Valley 57
king360 Wrote:Cherish it..Cause it aint happenin again.:rockon:

I hope you knocked on wood. Actually I hope you knocked on a whole tree.
theville Wrote:watch and see my friend! That was a nice dunk tonight tho again for you

lol..what?
UkFan23 Wrote:lol that was not a foul, no possible way you call that foul at the end of the game with 2 seconds left, Justice was out of control halfway down the floor, he mite have got bumped a lil there at halfcourt, but still not enough too call a foul at that point of time.

So with a minute left you call it but 2 seconds when the other team has no chance to win then you dont call it and call it a walk! Thats some funny stuff there!a foul is a foul no matter what point the in the game
PATS2011 Wrote:They did against Knott on the game winning shot, cost KCC the game. Had to go to OT.

Well Davis did push off pretty bad.
king360 Wrote:lol..what?

i was just saying that was a good dunk again??Yeah i said something nice about PCC
I don't think that SV will use the non call as a crutch. I feel like they will look at what they did wrong to correct the problem. They will take the approach that they should not have been in the position to depend on getting a call to win a game. As for PCC I again refer to execution of the game plan. They essentially shut down 60 percent of Valley's offense. Both Newsome's and Varney were essentially non factors offensively as starters and they go zero points from their bench. Tackett and Ramey did not score. I wonder how many times this happened during the year.
UkFan23 Wrote:lol that was not a foul, no possible way you call that foul at the end of the game with 2 seconds left, Justice was out of control halfway down the floor, he mite have got bumped a lil there at halfcourt, but still not enough too call a foul at that point of time.

If there was only one incident of contact I would say yes but after the fourth time you have to call something. The only thing making him out of control was getting ridden like a mule down the floor. Nothing new in the Punkin palace at Amis High School
OrangenowBlue Wrote:If there was only one incident of contact I would say yes but after the fourth time you have to call something. The only thing making him out of control was getting ridden like a mule down the floor. Nothing new in the Punkin palace at Amis High School

AMis may have just jumped on his back :HitWall:
UkFan23 Wrote:Well Davis did push off pretty bad.

and EJ got fouled a lot and eventually, around the 4th one, pretty HARD. What's your point?
I want to go back to the coaching aspect. Great move by Hatcher to have his team commit a foul when leading by three with under 12 seconds to go keeping Valley from going for the three to tie. Officiating notwithstanding Hatcher can flat out coach.
hypersport Wrote:I don't think that SV will use the non call as a crutch. I feel like they will look at what they did wrong to correct the problem. They will take the approach that they should not have been in the position to depend on getting a call to win a game. As for PCC I again refer to execution of the game plan. They essentially shut down 60 percent of Valley's offense. Both Newsome's and Varney were essentially non factors offensively as starters and they go zero points from their bench. Tackett and Ramey did not score. I wonder how many times this happened during the year.

:Thumbs:
hypersport Wrote:I want to go back to the coaching aspect. Great move by Hatcher to have his team commit a foul when leading by three with under 12 seconds to go keeping Valley from going for the three to tie. Officiating notwithstanding Hatcher can flat out coach.

True
uhhh.... why should KCC fans be more upset over this loss than SV fans? That's just crazy.

Believe it or not if PCC doesn't win the 14th region I want Knott to, simply because I think they are the two best teams in the region and I want to see our region represented by one of the best teams.
Congrats 'Dores on a huge win!

Also folks, lets try and keep this thread on-topic... thanks!
Excuses....Excuses...Excuses......OOOOPS!

Still think an AllStar Team from the 15th can't beat them....lol!

They're GOOD...But, NOT Gods!

I will root for them till the bitter end. BUT, You Valley fans deserve every bit of this smack. Support them all you want. But, don't hype them up to be untouchable.

Keep your heads up SV Cats. Play the game the way you know how and don't listen to a word, your over zealous fans have to say. Take this and learn from it!
Great overall game, Valley went up early, Perry got together and came back, of course and missed free throws at the end to give valley a chance at the end, yes probably was a foul, but home teams get those calls at home, ask Valley, same thing happened last year when Perry should of beat them over their. Perry got calls in the Knott game at home and Knott got calls in the Perry game at home, it happens everywhere, that is just how it is. They are all 3 great teams and 2 out of the 3 will be in Rupp possibly playing on Saturday morning because of a great draw.
Mountain top 10 stayed the same, are you kidding me. Top 2 teams lose and Mr. Sportsman Milam can't move his favorite team out of the top spot.
Should be a great 14th region, can't wait until Tuesday night, will be interesting to see the Perry/Buckhorn game at Hazard, hope they have a lot of security. The winner might not have enough players available for Friday night depending on who the refs are, they will fight all over the floor.
Wall4president Wrote:Great overall game, Valley went up early, Perry got together and came back, of course and missed free throws at the end to give valley a chance at the end, yes probably was a foul, but home teams get those calls at home, ask Valley, same thing happened last year when Perry should of beat them over their. Perry got calls in the Knott game at home and Knott got calls in the Perry game at home, it happens everywhere, that is just how it is. They are all 3 great teams and 2 out of the 3 will be in Rupp possibly playing on Saturday morning because of a great draw.
Mountain top 10 stayed the same, are you kidding me. Top 2 teams lose and Mr. Sportsman Milam can't move his favorite team out of the top spot.
Should be a great 14th region, can't wait until Tuesday night, will be interesting to see the Perry/Buckhorn game at Hazard, hope they have a lot of security. The winner might not have enough players available for Friday night depending on who the refs are, they will fight all over the floor.
It will be a battle and I will hopefully be in attendance for it. It will be a very good game.
Wall4president Wrote:Great overall game, Valley went up early, Perry got together and came back, of course and missed free throws at the end to give valley a chance at the end, yes probably was a foul, but home teams get those calls at home, ask Valley, same thing happened last year when Perry should of beat them over their. Perry got calls in the Knott game at home and Knott got calls in the Perry game at home, it happens everywhere, that is just how it is. They are all 3 great teams and 2 out of the 3 will be in Rupp possibly playing on Saturday morning because of a great draw.

They do the new top 10 Monday.

This is true.
OffTheHook Wrote:Excuses....Excuses...Excuses......OOOOPS!

Still think an AllStar Team from the 15th can't beat them....lol!

They're GOOD...But, NOT Gods!

I will root for them till the bitter end. BUT, You Valley fans deserve every bit of this smack. Support them all you want. But, don't hype them up to be untouchable.

Keep your heads up SV Cats. Play the game the way you know how and don't listen to a word, your over zealous fans have to say. Take this and learn from it!

Most well known Valley fans on this board were picking the Wildcats to lose because of how well known PCC is for beating teams on their home court. We support our team all the way, we defend them till the end, but we know when we are capable of losing. Take your jealousy elsewhere.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Most well known Valley fans on this board were picking the Wildcats to lose because of how well known PCC is for beating teams on their home court. We support our team all the way, we defend them till the end, but we know when we are capable of losing. Take your jealousy elsewhere.

Where do you sense jealousy anywhere in OfftheHook's post?
king360 Wrote:Can everyone look at this post and learn to do the same thing?

Good post!:thanks::Thumbs:
You Valley fans are something else... I get accused of being the biggest "valley basher" on the board from larry legend in another thread and praised by another Valley fan for making a post in this thread... :lmao:
Creeker Wrote:You Valley fans are something else... I get accused of being the biggest "valley basher" on the board from larry legend in another thread and praised by another Valley fan for making a post in this thread... :lmao:

King360 is a Perry Central fan. :lmao:
House Wrote:King360 is a Perry Central fan. :lmao:

True Dat!
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Where do you sense jealousy anywhere in OfftheHook's post?

The guy is from EKY. He either
1. Hates the kids from Valley
or
2. Is jealous

Which one do you think it is?

There are really no other reasons not to like the team from Valley. What they have done here lately for EKY basketball along with Elliott Co. is amazing.

Either you hate them or you're jealous of them.

And since you shouldn't hate a group of kids who have worked as hard as they have over the past few years, I'm gonna go with jealous.
Congrats Dores on a hard EARNED win!
PC_You_Know Wrote:The guy is from EKY. He either
1. Hates the kids from Valley
or
2. Is jealous

Which one do you think it is?

There are really no other reasons not to like the team from Valley. What they have done here lately for EKY basketball along with Elliott Co. is amazing.

Either you hate them or you're jealous of them.

And since you shouldn't hate a group of kids who have worked as hard as they have over the past few years, I'm gonna go with jealous.

SHOW me anywhere where I have shown any jealousy to these kids! It can't be done. AND Hate...LOL...come on man...you're crazy...I have done nothing but praise these kids and their ability. All I have done is question the fans zealous.
Why would I be jealous? SV IS the best team in the 15th...no doubt! Like I said..I will root for them till the bitter end this year....Unless they are playing us. Grow up man. I said nothing to warrant what you have said. I have watched those kids since they were in middle school....Great kids and wish nothing but the best for them!
What's funny is that you mention, "What they have done here lately for EKY basketball along with Elliott Co. is amazing."..and yet you leave out Paintsville....Talk about jealousy. Three great schools...that has represented the mountains proudly!
Paintsville, lately, has been to Rupp once, SV has dominated the 15th over the past 10 years. So yes, like I said, lately, it's SV and Elliott Co.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Paintsville, lately, has been to Rupp once, SV has dominated the 15th over the past 10 years. So yes, like I said, lately, it's SV and Elliott Co.

See man...this is where you are being wrong. When you speak EKY basketball....people do think of these THREE schools. You know Paintsville does have a Champ and runner up trophy in their case and 2 Mr. Basketballs to their credit. The main thing I was getting at is that you were trying to say I was Jealous or hated....You are SOOOOO far off on that! I want SV to succeed! I just wished the SV fans would just let these kids be human. They are good and will make the 15th very proud! But, you guys bring a lot of this on yourselves. I would LOVE to see them bring the BIG one back to EKY! They deserve it! Just don't accuse people of things that you have no clue of what you are talking about. Trust me...I prolly know more about them than you ever thought you knew. SO...:please:
Congrats Perry!!! Really big win for them. I did not see this one being the loss on the road trip for Valley but it sure looks like they may be going into district play on a 0-2 record. Really well played game by Perry, they came with a good defensive plan and obviously had an effective strategy to break the Valley press. As all have said, shooting went south after an 11 point lead, and the credit should completely go to Perry for finding a way to disrupt their shooting. This game can really be a help for a team like Valley, allowing the team to refocus and remember they are in fact a team with many many weaknesses. This can be a way to jump start the rest of the season and make changes heading into the tourneys and really shows that their is not too much of a difference in elite teams in the mountains. Knott has been beat by Valley who has been beat by Perry who has been beat by Knott so as far as I am concerned, these teams are all fairly equal on neutral courts.
Once again, great game by Perry and good luck in the following tourneys..... In the long run this has no bearing what so ever on the rest of the season. Just a great game in the mountains. Hopefully Valley can pull it out and shoot better against J-town but still will not be surprised if they come back with 2 losses.
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next