Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feds Creek 60, Virgie 50 (Pike County Championship)
Real Badman Wrote:Do you not realize the kids from Elkhorn were in the same situation? They have to go to East Ridge along with kids from Feds Creek and Millard and play. Dont you thik the kids from Millard or Elkhorn wanted to be in that championship game rather then Feds Creek? Theres nothing wrong with kids from other schools rooting for another school.

but the kids from elkhorn and millard cheered for feds creek.anyways it was mostly the dorton parents cheering against virgie
wildcats88 Wrote:I agree with you.If the Dorton players,cheerleaders and fans wants to cheer so much for Feds Creek let them enroll their kids there monday morning.Dorton is a feeder school to Valley and they should have cheered for Virgie.It wasn't all the fans but it was enough.Dorton's coach never should have let that go on.Doe Doe Rowe would have never let that happen or Danny Osborne either.shame on Dorton

You are talking about people being rude, but you have made rude comments about a couple of our players on here this season, but those boys were big enough to not let it get to them. Our boys were rooting for players on both teams and that's where it ends. I never saw one of my players root against Virgie during the game. If I had, I would have put a stop to this. Why don't you attend an SV game and watch them sit together as friends (which is what they are). I, along with my players, totally respect Virgie's players. Me and Doe are good friends as I am with Freddie, Sammy, and Chris. Denny Newsome is another guy who I consider a good friend. I think of several of Virgie's players as my own. I don't know if there is a finer kid in Pike County than Mason Bowling. If it is a crime to respect other teams, then so be it. One of my players is related to several people from Feds Creek. Two other boys stayed all night with him. Those two had no plans to attend a celebration, but were staying the night with the other. Those 3 groups of kids get along great, and if adults cannot handle it that's their immaturity.
wildcats88 Wrote:but the kids from elkhorn and millard cheered for feds creek.anyways it was mostly the dorton parents cheering against virgie
I'm sure not every Elkhorn and every Millard fan was for Feds Creek, We've had games where it was mentioned that fans cheered against us and it wasn't dragged through the mud like this. And I'm sure not every Virgie fan was for us against Feds Creek, (didn't look for it and wasn't interested) with that said, Congrats Feds Creek on the win and Virgie on a great tournament and season.
Wildcats88, I am just wondering if you stood up and cheered when Belter and Caudill made the All- Tournament team..... I would bet a month's pay you didn't....... Might want to look in the mirror before you start throwing rocks at folks.
This one needs to tone down or it WILL be a short timer!!! This thread is to congratulate a group of CHILDREN on a county championship win... CHILDREN being the key word here!!! Please represent yourselves in an adult manner and post according to the thread title or this one is done!

ONLY WARNING!!!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
Some of you people have no IDEA not IDEAL how things work at Valley Virgie and Dorton have hated each other since our grandparents went to school but at Valley they all come together and play as a TEAM that is why they have won 2 All "A'' state championships in 2 years and have one of the best TEAMS in the state, incase you dont know Elisha and Varney went to Dorton the Newsomes and Hatfield went to Virgie and I must say they've done a tremendous job as High School players. Wouldnt you?

But anyway congrats to Feds Creek It is there time, and even as a Shelby Valley senior and a graduate of Virgie middle school I am going to say I hope Feds Creek repeats next year,I love rooting for the little man.
phs1986 Wrote:This one needs to tone down or it WILL be a short timer!!! This thread is to congratulate a group of CHILDREN on a county championship win... CHILDREN being the key word here!!! Please represent yourselves in an adult manner and post according to the thread title or this one is done!

ONLY WARNING!!!

If mods would go ahead and close threads like this one before this much is said there would be a lot less controversy on here.
wildcats88 Wrote:I agree with you.If the Dorton players,cheerleaders and fans wants to cheer so much for Feds Creek let them enroll their kids there monday morning.Dorton is a feeder school to Valley and they should have cheered for Virgie.It wasn't all the fans but it was enough.Dorton's coach never should have let that go on.Doe Doe Rowe would have never let that happen or Danny Osborne either.shame on Dorton

If you think for a minute that all of Virgie's fans were cheering for Dorton when they played FC you are just kidding yourself and I think that you know that. Unless I have missed something it seems that the players from Dorton and Virgie both get along pretty good, it is just a certain few (mainly parents) that want to make more of it than it really is. I agree with what someone else posted earlier, when I go to a game(I watch the game) I really could careless or am not one bit interested in who cheers for who because I don't think It has anything to do with who wins or loses so get over it. FC has a very good team and they deserve alot of credit they simply outplayed Dorton and Virgie both(which had very solid teams) and deserved to win PERIOD and Congrats to them on winning the county championship. As for coach Davis I have known him for several years and really don't think there is a coach anywhere that tries to teach his players the meaning of sportsmanship, to play the game the right way and to be humble more than him. I also think it is pitiful that people can sit and complain that he should have to set and watch his players to see who they are or are not cheering for, he was probably watching the game not like some others who was only worried about who was cheering for who or if they could just get some trouble started, well I've said enough, I for one just wish some could just let it go and quit being so jealous of each other and everthing will be just fine at SV. Confusedhh:Confusedhh:
Lets get on the topic of the game and games! Great tournament and atmosphere! I want to thank Mr. Matt Mercer and Belfry Middle for their EXCELLENT hospitality!! I also want to congratulate all of the teams and schools for conducting themselves with the utmost class and dignity!!! Everyone should be proud of their kids, you all represented yourselves and your schools so very well!!!!
wildcats88 Wrote:but the kids from elkhorn and millard cheered for feds creek.anyways it was mostly the dorton parents cheering against virgie

I am a parent of a Dorton kid, and I very much wanted Virgie to win if we couldn't, as well as my son did also. I set out of the way during the game, but I did cheer for Virgie, I set around the Dorton section of the gym, and around alot of other Dorton parents, I did not see any Dorton people cheering for FC, but they could have.

I think this may have been blown out of proportion, I am a Shelby Valley fan, I am a Dorton Fan, and Saturday evening I was a Virgie Fan.

Someone mentioned Virgie rooting for FC when Dorton played FC the last time, well this is true but I'm sure they knew if FC beat Dorton and then they were able to beat FC at Virgie, then they would get the #2 seed in the Tournament (which they did). I'm sure Dorton was for FC the last game FC played Virgie in the regular season (it would have effected seeding for the tournament).

These kids both Virgie and Dorton know one another and for the most part get along well, when they all get to Valley they will be fine, we will all be wearing blue and we will all be called Wildcats.

But to address this thread:
FC, Dorton and Virgie all three could have won this tournament this past week, FC played better this past week; if it was being played over again, these teams were so close in talent and ability, it could be a different outcome.

Nevertheless, congrats to FC on playing unbelievable basketball last week!
what grade is Justice in?
Camron is a 7th grader, in fact Saturday, the day of the championship was his 13th birthday...HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAM!! :1:
Congrats to Feds Creek on winning the county championship! With Shelby Valley and East Ridge each having two feeder schools represented in the final four teams, the future does indeed look bright for both high school programs.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
east ridge will have a great program next year :please:
This has been coming to feds creek for a long time and im just glad i helped to beat dorton then we came in and beat virrgie and who cares who cheers for who people..... GO VIKINGS WE ARE THE CHAMPS!
Hondo Wrote:I am a parent of a Dorton kid, and I very much wanted Virgie to win if we couldn't, as well as my son did also. I set out of the way during the game, but I did cheer for Virgie, I set around the Dorton section of the gym, and around alot of other Dorton parents, I did not see any Dorton people cheering for FC, but they could have.

I think this may have been blown out of proportion, I am a Shelby Valley fan, I am a Dorton Fan, and Saturday evening I was a Virgie Fan.

Someone mentioned Virgie rooting for FC when Dorton played FC the last time, well this is true but I'm sure they knew if FC beat Dorton and then they were able to beat FC at Virgie, then they would get the #2 seed in the Tournament (which they did). I'm sure Dorton was for FC the last game FC played Virgie in the regular season (it would have effected seeding for the tournament).

These kids both Virgie and Dorton know one another and for the most part get along well, when they all get to Valley they will be fine, we will all be wearing blue and we will all be called Wildcats.

But to address this thread:
FC, Dorton and Virgie all three could have won this tournament this past week, FC played better this past week; if it was being played over again, these teams were so close in talent and ability, it could be a different outcome.

Nevertheless, congrats to FC on playing unbelievable basketball last week!

Great post. Good example of the class that I think MOST fans from around this area have.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Congrats Feds Creek.
Viking_Mommy Wrote:Camron is a 7th grader, in fact Saturday, the day of the championship was his 13th birthday...HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAM!! :1:

How in the world can this child just be in 7th grade and already be 13? I have a son who is a sophomore in high school and is only 15.... Granted, there are a couple who have turned 16 within the past few weeks but when he was in the 7th grade, my son was only 11 years old and turned 12 within the year!!!.... LOL..

BTW, on a side note... Happy late birthday to CamronSmile

He was born in the second month of 97 ...which makes him a TRUE 7th grader...My son who turned 13 in Oct. was born past the OCT 1 date and wasn't allowed to start kindergarten until just before his 6th birthday ...Don't know where your son attends school, a twelve year old is the NORMAL AGE for a 7th grader here...I was 12 when I started 7th as was 95 percent of the people I graduated with. I turned 13 just before school dismissed for the summer as will Camron and most of his classmates...No drama, just fact...
With Camron, Johnny, Mater and Hagy being 7th graders this year the Vikings will be very strong again next year.
Viking_Mommy Wrote:He was born in the second month of 97 ...which makes him a TRUE 7th grader...My son who turned 13 in Oct. was born past the OCT 1 date and wasn't allowed to start kindergarten until just before his 6th birthday ...Don't know where your son attends school, a twelve year old is the NORMAL AGE for a 7th grader here...I was 12 when I started 7th as was 95 percent of the people I graduated with. I turned 13 just before school dismissed for the summer as will Camron and most of his classmates...No drama, just fact...

No drama here just curious... I can name at least 8 to 10 more young men in his (my sons)class that are only 15..... I completely understand about the starting kindergarten age the age of 6 due to the October birthdate requirement though... I do work in the school system and actually worked in the 6th grade and were familiar with their ages... (which some are 10 and some are 11).... I guess basically unless the children are held back, it depends on when they are allowed to start school due to their birthdate!! Smile

phs1986 Wrote:No drama here just curious... I can name at least 8 to 10 more young men in his (my sons)class that are only 15..... I completely understand about the starting kindergarten age the age of 6 due to the October birthdate requirement though... I do work in the school system and actually worked in the 6th grade and were familiar with their ages... (which some are 10 and some are 11).... I guess basically unless the children are held back, it depends on when they are allowed to start school due to their birthdate!! Smile

Only those who start at age 4, could possibly be 10 in the 6th grade and 4 is too young to start.

There are many 7th graders around the state who are 14 in the 7th grade. At 13, Camron is one of the younger 7th grade stars I have seen. He will turn 18 in February of his senior year which isn't considered old for a senior. Many kids turn either 18 or 19 at the beginning of their senior year.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Only those who start at age 4, could possibly be 10 in the 6th grade and 4 is too young to start.

There are many 7th graders around the state who are 14 in the 7th grade. At 13, Camron is one of the younger 7th grade stars I have seen. He will turn 18 in February of his senior year which isn't considered old for a senior. Many kids turn either 18 or 19 at the beginning of their senior year.

I see what your saying... You have seen my child and have been around me.. LOL... My hoodlum will graduate @ 17... I don't like it but that's the way it is with him!! Smile I'm glad to know that FC had the talent this year as I know from when he (my child) played Jr. high ball they struggled.... Smile Congrats to them again and best wishes for next year to all teams involved in the county.....

phs1986 Wrote:I see what your saying... You have seen my child and have been around me.. LOL... My hoodlum will graduate @ 17... I don't like it but that's the way it is with him!! Smile I'm glad to know that FC had the talent this year as I know from when he (my child) played Jr. high ball they struggled.... Smile Congrats to them again and best wishes for next year to all teams involved in the county.....

That's how old I was when I graduated also. These days, very few athletes graduate at 17 because of this trend in sports. It's funny how some kids graduate at 17, while others are 19. That's a big age difference in the same grade.
Question: Will Raymond have his son playing at East Ridge next season?
Feds Creek could be tough again next year but rumor has it Justice is going to play ball for East Ridge. If so thats a tough loss for Feds Creek. Still with Miller, Haggy and Taylor returning they will still be considered a threat to win the County.

Now that this season is over we will have to wait to next year to see if they are any transfers to know how next season will play out. I've heard rumors of a few transfers.
phs1986 Wrote:How in the world can this child just be in 7th grade and already be 13? I have a son who is a sophomore in high school and is only 15.... Granted, there are a couple who have turned 16 within the past few weeks but when he was in the 7th grade, my son was only 11 years old and turned 12 within the year!!!.... LOL..

BTW, on a side note... Happy late birthday to CamronSmile

The same way Nick was.... Who isa a freshman that is 15, and he has never been held back some kids are just lucky I guess.. Camron could be heldback and still play his senior year...
Camron plays JV for East Ridge now..
Not only does he play JV, he leads them in scoring. He will start HS varsity as an 8th grader, and will deseve it as well. I think Coach Justice has proven that he is not afraid to play a 8th grader in the past and if my memory serves me right that worked out pretty well.
Real Badman Wrote:Question: Will Raymond have his son playing at East Ridge next season?

Good question. :popcorn: