Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite player to watch
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Well. I bet it was exciting to watch,
It was. There were far fewer televised games back in those days, so we did not get to watch nearly as many games as people can see today. Magic Johnson was also a phenomenal college basketball player and a joy to watch. Like Stardust said, Magic changed the game with his combination of size and his ball handling and passing ability.

Bill Walton was the most fundamentally sound big man that I have ever seen play. It is hard for people who did not live through the UCLA dynasty days to understand how dominant those teams were. Walton had no weaknesses in his game. UCLA's back up center, Sven Nater, rarely played during his years as Walton's backup - yet he was drafted and became an NBA all-star. I hated UCLA and I was never a Walton fan, but it was impossible not to appreciate the way that he and the UCLA teams played the game.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Current: Cousins. All time - BIll Walton, Ernie Digregorio, Bo Lamar, and Larry Bird.

Wow!!! Ernie D. Now that's name out of the past.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Well. I bet it was exciting to watch,

Every now and then ESPN Classics will show a replay of that game. Watch for that!!

Perhaps there are some clips on youtube.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:It was. There were far fewer televised games back in those days, so we did not get to watch nearly as many games as people can see today. Magic Johnson was also a phenomenal college basketball player and a joy to watch. Like Stardust said, Magic changed the game with his combination of size and his ball handling and passing ability.

Bill Walton was the most fundamentally sound big man that I have ever seen play. It is hard for people who did not live through the UCLA dynasty days to understand how dominant those teams were. Walton had no weaknesses in his game. UCLA's back up center, Sven Nater, rarely played during his years as Walton's backup - yet he was drafted and became an NBA all-star. I hated UCLA and I was never a Walton fan, but it was impossible not to appreciate the way that he and the UCLA teams played the game.

lol!!! The original transformed hippie.

His conforming to Wooden's policies are a great example of the adoration and respect that his player's had for him.
Big Cuz!!
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Every now and then ESPN Classics will show a replay of that game. Watch for that!!

Perhaps there are some clips on youtube.

Ive seen bird in the nba do some amazing stuff. But never in college.