Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your 15th Region Starting Five
region next year is up for grabs.
im sorry but it is.
name one player coming off the bench for valley that has averaged at least say 12 to 15 minutes a game.
ramey might average 11 or 12 but other than that who do they have?????

here are the players that return from other teams in the region:

johnson central has jk hall ,cody parker, and tanner bratton
pike central returns hobo mccoy
sheldon clark has bj moore and tyler lafferty
betsy layne returns 3 starters, martin, adkins, and tackett
paintsville returns every player but 1
south floyd returns 4 starters

now, that being said, name one player other than zach ramey that valley returns that actually has experience. im not talking bout grade school or jv either im talking about varsity basketball. they lose 8 seniors, all 5 starters and their 7th man.
OffTheHook Wrote:First off...I am NOT a SV hater. I listened to or watched every game of the All A and a few more this season. They are by far the best team in the 15th.

BUT, to say that an All Star Team from the 15th couldn't beat them is absurd! I have watched these boys play since they were in the sixth grade and I know what they have done. But, they aren't world beaters.

An All Star Team from the 15th and good coaching and this team is beat easily. That's right....I said EASILY! Here is my team.

C Wes Rowe
PF Lucas Frasher
SF Cody Parker
SG BJ Moore
PG Hobo McCoy

Bench: Wade Skaggs, Josh Green, Gatlin Clark, Trevor Tiller, Michael Burchett, Cory Tackett, Jeremy Maynard, Nathan Martin and 2 more of the better guards from the Region.

That is a 15 player team. I BEAT SV. 6 to 7 of these players foul out. Becuase it is quickly becoming a WELL known fact....that SV CAN"T hit freethrows!

Like I said...I am NOT a SV hater. I am for them every time they play...except if they play us...lol. But, that is a 15 man team of 15 of the better players from the teams in the Region, not counting SV. I can go 10 deep and I can play in your mugg defense ALL night long not worrying about fouls. And we can shoot Freethrows.

So to say an 15 th Region Allstar team could do it.....Crazy. :please:
I have no ties at all with Valley but have watched them play a couple times this year. I say you play that team against Valleys 5 and still lose by atleast 10. McCoy cant come close to guarding Justice and the players at the other positions cant guard Valleys other positions. But thats not the point. The reason Valley is so good is not individual talent. Thats a small part but its how well they rotate over and help out on defense and how well they play together as a team.
UnderArmour24 Wrote:I have no ties at all with Valley but have watched them play a couple times this year. I say you play that team against Valleys 5 and still lose by atleast 10. McCoy cant come close to guarding Justice and the players at the other positions cant guard Valleys other positions. But thats not the point. The reason Valley is so good is not individual talent. Thats a small part but its how well they rotate over and help out on defense and how well they play together as a team.

Bingo. The way that the Shelby Valley players are so schooled in what they do and how they play together would play a big factor in why a 15th Region All-Star team would be lucky to sneak out a win in ten tries.
mister... basketball Wrote:region next year is up for grabs.
im sorry but it is.

Wow, for once I actually agree with you. Next year's 15th region will definitely be up for grabs, and honestly I don't see Valley being in the mix.

I have said as much many times on here in the past. All the other teams in the region will get their chance to exact some "revenge" on SV next year, because they will be in a rebuilding mode. I don't expect the bottom to drop out, but they won't be one of the top 3-4 teams in the 15th either. Heck, SV might not even make it out of district in 2011.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Wow, for once I actually agree with you. Next year's 15th region will definitely be up for grabs, and honestly I don't see Valley being in the mix.

I have said as much many times on here in the past. All the other teams in the region will get their chance to exact some "revenge" on SV next year, because they will be in a rebuilding mode. I don't expect the bottom to drop out, but they won't be one of the top 3-4 teams in the 15th either. Heck, SV might not even make it out of district in 2011.

Comepletely agree.... I think one to three years is enough for Valley to comeback up. Next year will be Pikevilles year.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Comepletely agree.... I think one to three years is enough for Valley to comeback up. Next year will be Pikevilles year.

Pikeville loses their starting backcourt, and Keene(who also starts, right?)

Pikeville should be competitive throught the region and could be #1 in the 59th.

IMO, the top 5 (6) teams next season, will be these teams.

57th
Paintsville
Johnson Central
Sheldon Clark

58th
South Floyd
Betsy Layne

59th
Pikeville

60th
Belfry(If Hairston is eligible, if not then no)
Valley will get to know what our program is going through next year.
I understand that this is just for fun, but there is more to winning than just talent. The SV team has been playing together for years and you can't replace that. Look at their record against county high schools or schools with 1500 or more students. As a team they can beat a group of all stars from around this area.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:This is like sayin an sec all-star team could'nt take UK. It is absurd in every sense of the word. UK is by far the best team in the sec, the sec is a weak conference but i gaurentee the all-star team would beat UK 7/10 times.
Couldn't have said it better myself!

If this thread alone doesn't show just how arrogant the SV homers are nothing will... just saying...
Creeker Wrote:Couldn't have said it better myself!

If this thread alone doesn't show just how arrogant the SV homers are nothing will... just saying...

It's not really just the "SV homers" that disagree with yours and others argument. I have no ties to Shelby Valley and I have seen the 15th Region's top players. I'm here to tell you that Shelby Valley getting upset by a 15th Region All-Star team would be a major, and I mean major upset in my humble, unbiased opinion.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:This is like sayin an sec all-star team could'nt take UK. It is absurd in every sense of the word. UK is by far the best team in the sec, the sec is a weak conference but i gaurentee the all-star team would beat UK 7/10 times.

Your comparing the 15th region to the SEC? You can't compare college and high school teams. Colleges actually recruited those players, and yes an all SEC team would beat UK, but the 15th region has few players thats being recruited, and most of them being at Valley. Valley beats an all 15th region team by double digits, its more the 15th region being that bad, then Valley being that good.