Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Betsy Layne 2010
He is transferring because of basketball. I still think they will be alright. Some of the other boys will have to step up.
In basketball, how funny.
Dillion is an outstanding athlete but had a down year last year in football and basketball, seem to me his focus wasnt there, seen footage of him in his, I dont want to say prime but, well I dont know, he just really needs to get back on track and be more disciplined...How bad does he want it?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC/]
I hate to see any kid transfer, but at least it was to another Floyd County school. I hope I don't incite another riot with this question, but..............Has the new coach been added to the current staff yet? and if so, Who is it?
Need to run the bone if u ask me.
What school did Maldonado transfer to? They got a pretty good player.
he went to South Floyd
From what I have read the coach needs to stick to one offense and one offense only for a while. His kids will never be as successful as they could be if they have to learn a new offense every week or even every year. Players play better when they react not think...they will be thinking a whole bunch running a brand new offense.
I agree, but we also have to look at the school. Is this a small school? Yes. Does that mean that athletes vary each year. Some kids dont want to come out until their senior year, people transfer, But on the bright spot. BL will have a few 8th graders that will take up some slack for the transfer to another school. They will have Dylan Hamilton, Chase Hall, and Blake Spenser. They won county back to back in grade school.
That doesn't matter...if you change your scheme every year...your team will struggle.
Take a look at what kind of players you have:

- If you have the big chunky boys and a few athletic kids, then run the ball.
- If you have smaller guys that you're putting on the line and a kid with a good arm, then run the spread.
- If you have a mixture of both, run & gun it.

I think that the weight room is where the players are made though - as god gifted talent will only take you so far, as size and muscle with a mixture of speed and athleticism will make a very solid player.

You will never have a successful football program if you cannot establish a workout system, have 3/4 year players, and keep the same group of boys together to create chemistry and trust among one another.
I dont understand a lot of this conversation. Coach Parsons has ran bone every year he was there. He also had a spread set. I think everyone in the state runs a couple of formations. Thats all he has ran in the last couple of years.
Like I said it was from what I read on here.
sportscritic Wrote:I agree, but we also have to look at the school. Is this a small school? Yes. Does that mean that athletes vary each year. Some kids dont want to come out until their senior year, people transfer, But on the bright spot. BL will have a few 8th graders that will take up some slack for the transfer to another school. They will have Dylan Hamilton, Chase Hall, and Blake Spenser. They won county back to back in grade school.

No Chase Hall...went to Pikeville.
So Maldonado transferred back to Betsy Layne from South Floyd. Since he was ruled eligible and actually practiced with SF, how will that play into him getting ruled eligible to play for Betsy Layne again?
IMO, I think BL needs to run more misdirection plays. In that scrimmage I seen em against Boyd County everybody at that field knew who was getting it and where they were heading.
TATE_64 Wrote:So Maldonado transferred back to Betsy Layne from South Floyd. Since he was ruled eligible and actually practiced with SF, how will that play into him getting ruled eligible to play for Betsy Layne again?

Wow; why did this happen. I heard about this from a guy at KHSAA, I think this kid will have a hard time getting ruled eligible. That will be tough on that kid, heard he was a fine player.
TATE_64 Wrote:So Maldonado transferred back to Betsy Layne from South Floyd. Since he was ruled eligible and actually practiced with SF, how will that play into him getting ruled eligible to play for Betsy Layne again?
When did he leave SF? Did he attend any classes or official enroll at SF?
yeah, attended classes for about a week and was at all of SF's practices... He got ruled eligible by the khsaa and then practiced 2 days with them and then transferred back to BL.....
TATE_64 Wrote:yeah, attended classes for about a week and was at all of SF's practices... He got ruled eligible by the khsaa and then practiced 2 days with them and then transferred back to BL.....
Interesting. Wonder how they're going to get him eligible to play any sports at BL if he attended classes at SF
He will be ruled eligible, dont worry, unless you play the bobcats!!!!!!
I don't see how he can be ruled eligible...... But I guess we will see......