Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Betsy Layne 2010
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Johnathan Parsons and the Bobcats are sure to make a statement next football season. Losing 4 games in the 09 season by 6 points and less those games could have went either way. Red (Parsons) have added coaches to his team that will help in fundamentals and techniques. In the off season as of now the Bobcats have 17 lifting weights 3 days a week....WORK HARD BOYS....:popcorn:
who did he add?
Bishop Brossart HOME
Burch HOME
Jackson County AWAY
Magoffin County HOME
Phelps HOME
South Floyd AWAY
Paintsville AWAY
Pikeville AWAY
Allen Central HOME
Jenkins HOME

4 Freshman games
5 J.V. games
What do they run on offense and defense? I heard they had a offense of the week and defense of the week. I hope it isn't true.
Recznik Wrote:Johnathan Parsons and the Bobcats are sure to make a statement next football season. Losing 4 games in the 09 season by 6 points and less those games could have went either way. Red (Parsons) have added coaches to his team that will help in fundamentals and techniques. In the off season as of now the Bobcats have 17 lifting weights 3 days a week....WORK HARD BOYS....:popcorn:

This should help Betsy Layne a lot. I think this is one of the areas that really needed addressed. They have had a lot of talent, but nobody to really develop it. Good luck Bobcats.
Offense last year was flexbone, wishbone, and spread.
Defense was a 5-3 to a 4-4
Recznik Wrote:Johnathan Parsons and the Bobcats are sure to make a statement next football season. Losing 4 games in the 09 season by 6 points and less those games could have went either way. Red (Parsons) have added coaches to his team that will help in fundamentals and techniques. In the off season as of now the Bobcats have 17 lifting weights 3 days a week....WORK HARD BOYS....:popcorn:

I think that the program is headed in the right direction and all but to actually get going i think the nubers should be bigger an you should be lifting 5 days a week.
There is a weightlifting class during school now, also the baseball team is lifting the other two.
What coaches did Parsons add to his staff? Any new players this season?
I think Red and his staff are going in the right direction. He is a young coach who keeps learning and improving each year. The future looks bright. Go Bobcats.
betsylaynealum Wrote:Offense last year was flexbone, wishbone, and spread.
Defense was a 5-3 to a 4-4
So they are an option team?
yeah, toward the end of the season a lot of option.
Last season made me look like a fool because I predicted at least 7 wins. I hope things are looking up because in my opinion it couldn't get much worse than last year. We lost games we wshould have won! Bobcats, hit the weights, study your position, and most importantly make sure the rising 8th graders stay Bobcats. Build the future.
Well Hoglegg your not a fool. The 8th grade situation looks good for us, the kids that stay with this program will become better athletes and will be winners. The added coach to the staff is well known in this region hes a winner at what ever he coaches he knows how to communicate with the kids an treats them with respect in return his past teams has responded as winners.
What coach(es) were added to the staff this year? What about the rumors that some of the 8th grade class are going to the 2 P's. And is the school actually going to start supporting the program or are they just happy fielding a team.
This year's updates that Red is getting done.
The re-shaping of the field.
New Under Armour Jersey's
Weightroom improvements

The AD is trying to get new lights for the field. (that was the talk last month)

They have more support than they have ever had for the football program
betsylaynealum Wrote:This year's updates that Red is getting done.
Weightroom improvements

The AD is trying to get new lights for the field. (that was the talk last month)

What exactly are they doing to the field?
Re-humping the field. With the field being in the shape its in, they must build it up. Try to get some suitable grass that will last all season.
S.o.s.
Weightroom improvements

Remains to be seen...talk is cheap!
You got to wonder, why is there so much hatred for this team/school? Looks like you have some people that believe in there program like reznick/alum that talk positive, then you have some that dont. I thought it might be jealously, but why? They have only made mild accomplishments if any. If I remember this is football, not life. Why do people make judgements about this team over a record, what does his kids say, are they positive, are they becoming men?

The reason for this is because I dont know why people on here say negative things, when you know kids get on here and read it, which starts a mess. Also if you are a parent and say negative stuff, people talk to much and it always get back to the coach. I know you are asking your self who I am. I am a teacher at a neutral school that taught at Betsy Layne in the mid 90's during the Derosett years. I started getting on here to find information about a coach, but after reading these sites, I can't help but to say what kind of honest information can you get from this site.

This is my last post. Best Wishes BL, I will just watch overtime and the scoreboard for your results. FAN 4 LIFE
Weightroom improvements

If this happens it will do wonders for the team if they get behind the team it will help so much.
Best of Luck BOBCATS
Nice Post a few posts up (sportscritic) 100% AGREED
SPORTSCRITIC you nailed it right on the head. Since I've been back home there is maybe a hand full of loyalty from old ALUMS at the high school level. These are people that I went to school with. It saddens me to no that past ALUMS would turn there back on there own school, either by not helping and donating there time to there schools or letting there pride get in the way and sending there kids either north or south. Trust me if kids have any possible way of playing on the next level they will, theres colleges out there that can't find enough kids to fill schollarships. Parents need to UNITE....Lets make this program what it was in the late 80's. Red has come through on adding experienced coaches that will make are kids better young athletes and by there senior year respectable young men. Mrs. Akers is doing great things for all the kids on the hill education and athletic departments both. Its up to the parents to come through and to fill in the blanks in the puzzle. PARENTS NEED TO UNITE!
Recznik Wrote:SPORTSCRITIC you nailed it right on the head. Since I've been back home there is maybe a hand full of loyalty from old ALUMS at the high school level. These are people that I went to school with. It saddens me to no that past ALUMS would turn there back on there own school, either by not helping and donating there time to there schools or letting there pride get in the way and sending there kids either north or south. Trust me if kids have any possible way of playing on the next level they will, theres colleges out there that can't find enough kids to fill schollarships. Parents need to UNITE....Lets make this program what it was in the late 80's. Red has come through on adding experienced coaches that will make are kids better young athletes and by there senior year respectable young men. Mrs. Akers is doing great things for all the kids on the hill education and athletic departments both. Its up to the parents to come through and to fill in the blanks in the puzzle. PARENTS NEED TO UNITE!

Nice post. I hope that the Bobcats do turn it around. It makes it look good on all former alums when the Bobcats win. I wish the players all the luck in the world.
So about the players: who's going to be the lead contributors this season (both offense and defense)? Any new faces?
Recznik Wrote:SPORTSCRITIC you nailed it right on the head. Since I've been back home there is maybe a hand full of loyalty from old ALUMS at the high school level. These are people that I went to school with. It saddens me to no that past ALUMS would turn there back on there own school, either by not helping and donating there time to there schools or letting there pride get in the way and sending there kids either north or south. Trust me if kids have any possible way of playing on the next level they will, theres colleges out there that can't find enough kids to fill schollarships. Parents need to UNITE....Lets make this program what it was in the late 80's. Red has come through on adding experienced coaches that will make are kids better young athletes and by there senior year respectable young men. Mrs. Akers is doing great things for all the kids on the hill education and athletic departments both. Its up to the parents to come through and to fill in the blanks in the puzzle. PARENTS NEED TO UNITE!
:Thumbs:Keep up the good work big REZ !!!!! :rockon:

Ouch, glad that I didnt go to Betsy Layne or I would think this post was about me. Good luck CATS this season.

:lmao: Good Luck Bobcats in 2010!
I would say he is calling out any individual that is dealing with the program.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5