•  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 60 - Knott County Central 57
[quote=NYY10]

yup
Ballard beat Holmes by 12. Ballard only beat Iroquois by 8. Iroquois must be better than Holmes. But wait... SV beat Iroquois, so SV must be better than Holmes...

Everyone knew it was only a matter of time until kywldcat01 put his unwanted 2 cents in... :ChairHit:
As for what do you do about the refs, the major leagues, NBA, watch the tape and grade the refs on a points system. If they make bad calls, or calls they should have made, then they should lose points, therefore, money per points, and I also think that they should have the ability to see playback on some calls. Most high school games are taped. They should be allowed to look at it to make game changing decisions.

Refs are not there to let guys get pushed, shoved, blatantly fouled on the way up to make a basket, and then not make calls, on either team. Certainly not one sided.
kywldcat01 Wrote:I don't like to compare scores, but Seneca beats KCC by 50 and SV struggles to beat KCC by 3.

Maybe SV isn't as good and one of the elites like some of the posters hype them up to be? I realize I'm going to have 10 different posters saying I'm bashing them, but if SV played teams like Trinity, Seneca, Ballard, Male, Jeffersontown, Eastern, Holmes, or Scott Co, you'd see why some of us outside of that area don't think they're as good as some of you hype them up to be.

I think SV should be ranked in the 10-15 range. That is appropriate IMO.

Would you agree that out of the 10-15, if you put all of them in a tournament, that anyone of them could beat the other on a given night and anyone of the 10-15 would have a shot at winning that tournament. Now, most of the posters on here that are from this area, LOVE to support their home teams and I see no problem with that, most of them couldn't even name a player on one of your teams that you mentioned, because they don't care what is going on outside of their own region. You see you don't seem to understand what sports is like in Eastern Ky, We eat, work and play ball, nothing else to do. As an outsider, you seem to want to always cut down Eastern Ky talent because they don't play teams from Louisville or Far Northern Ky. Now that being said, I could care less whether they play them or not, but come March we will get to see those 10-15 schools get together in a tournament and see who can end up #1.
SV was just having fun and got too carried away and began to make some silly moves. EJ's had an off game. His feet were very sore from kicking but during the week. Knott Co. is probably the closest team to SV in this part of the state other than Ashland.
I will be the first to agree that the amount of talent in the Lexington and Louisville area is better than East Ky. That said, I doubt that you will find kids that work harder or that have better team chemistry or that are better coached than some of our kids from East Ky. The top East Ky. teams can compete with the bigger schools. Just remember Elliott County, Paintsville, Shelby Valley and Hazard all advanced in the state tourney within the last few years. FYI, Knott County beat Fairdale on their home floor, after a 4 hour bus ride. Fairdale is 6-1 in the 6th region as of right now.
this thread is going in circles
it needs to be :flush:
Ever notice how Shelby Valley beats a good team, at home, in a tournament they have never won and, no doubt, are really hyped to win and we're not as good as the rest of the state thinks.But, a northern KY team goes across the river and gets beat by a Cincinnati team and that's ok. That Cincy team was one of the best in the world,deserving of NCAA rankings, in there minds. We beat a "defending" Georgia big school state champ and it's no big deal.They get beat by a Georgia team and,suddenly, that Ga.team is NBA quality. IT NEVER GETS OLD.
The King Wrote:Ballard beat Holmes by 12. Ballard only beat Iroquois by 8. Iroquois must be better than Holmes. But wait... SV beat Iroquois, so SV must be better than Holmes...

Everyone knew it was only a matter of time until kywldcat01 put his unwanted 2 cents in... :ChairHit:

Agree, He spends more time in Shelby Valley threads, then he does in a Holmes Thread.

But someone was right, this game is over. so should we close it!!
kywldcat01 Wrote:Hey say what you want, but if SV was as good as you guys say, they would have beat KC by more than 3.

Obviously SV isn't as far ahead of EKY competition as some of you say.

Just like others on here have stated, you're not doing a very good job staying out of SV threads and your theories are useless, so just lay down somewhere because some on here are tired of hearing it!!!!! :please:
kywldcat01 Wrote:Hey say what you want, but if SV was as good as you guys say, they would have beat KC by more than 3.

Obviously SV isn't as far ahead of EKY competition as some of you say.

Wow, you're right. Shelby Valley must really suck. :1:

Hey, I've got an idea, let's play score comparison again. SV beats Knott, who beat McCreary, who beat Seneca. So SV must be way better than Seneca, right? Just using your logic...
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Wow, you're right. Shelby Valley must really suck. :1:

Hey, I've got an idea, let's play score comparison again. SV beats Knott, who beat McCreary, who beat Seneca. So SV must be way better than Seneca, right? Just using your logic...

Remember when evaluating kywildcat01's logic, he works for a site like rivals. So if he's using this kind of logic to compare teams, imagine how he compares players. :yawn:
Look at how many pages of posts are on here about this one SV/KCC game, then look at how many visit kywildcat01's posts on Holmes and you can see why he wants to join in our posts...he is lonely there, no one joins in his discussions.
Don't hype up a team to be something they aren't and you won't see posts like mine. I'm not the only one who shares this opinion about SV.

Some of you made them out to be world beaters and hands down the best team in EKY, but this game obviously shows they aren't.

It will be another region championship and first round exit from the sweet 16 by SV.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Don't hype up a team to be something they aren't and you won't see posts like mine. I'm not the only one who shares this opinion about SV.

Some of you made them out to be world beaters and hands down the best team in EKY, but this game obviously shows they aren't.

It will be another region championship and first round exit from the sweet 16 by SV.

So they're not hands down the best team in EKY? Who's better? SV just got 6 points from Hatfield, 16 from Elisha, both off their averages, and still knocked off Knott at their place.

I have to agree with everyone else, go back to the Holmes threads, you're just starting arguments here for no reason. No real Valley fan thinks SV is a world beater, I didn't even think we could beat Elliott last year and I'm one of the biggest Valley fans on here.
We are up over 250 comments on this thread. Everyone just stop and wonder why so much interest is on this topic and then you can understand why EKY teams are so loved in this area and really out of area teams don't generate much interest until tournament time. It is really impressive for teams from this area that doesn't have thousands of basketball players to draw from to be mentioned in the same sentence as teams like Holmes, Ballard, Seneca,etc, so KCC,PCC, and Shelby Valley, lets not leave out Corbin this year either, congratulations on your efforts from your mountain fans. I have to say it: GO WILDCATS!!
kywldcat01 Wrote:Don't hype up a team to be something they aren't and you won't see posts like mine. I'm not the only one who shares this opinion about SV.

Who's hyping Shelby Valley up as something they're not? I haven't seen anyone on here say they were world-beaters. I haven't seen anyone from SV say they were the best in the state. If you want to jump onto someone for overhyping Shelby Valley, why don't you fire off a nasty letter to the folks at the Courier-Journal? They're the ones who published those ridiculous Lit ratings, go complain to them.

However, most SV fans do feel they are the best team in EKY, and this game didn't prove anything different. They played in the championship game of the WYMT tournament, against the consensus #2 team in the mountains, and beat them on their own home floor. Is there a big gap between SV and Knott? No, but winning at Knott is not easy and shouldn't be dismissed as no big accomplishment.

I will agree with you on one thing, you're probably not the only one who feels that SV isn't that good. I'm sure there are plenty of folks who would rather eat garbage than give any credit to a state team outside of the "Golden Triangle". Let alone some bunch of hillbillies from the mountains. But don't worry, one of these days we won't have to play barefoot anymore, and then all you big-city guys will be in trouble.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Holmes may be the most overhyped team in the state. They are riding the wave of what they accomplished the last couple years. They have the parts but the glue is gone. With their point gaurd play they may not make it to Rupp.
PC_You_Know Wrote:So they're not hands down the best team in EKY? Who's better? SV just got 6 points from Hatfield, 16 from Elisha, both off their averages, and still knocked off Knott at their place.

I have to agree with everyone else, go back to the Holmes threads, you're just starting arguments here for no reason. No real Valley fan thinks SV is a world beater, I didn't even think we could beat Elliott last year and I'm one of the biggest Valley fans on here.

:thatsfunn

You guys do realize if you wouldn't be so sensitive about Valley, nobody would make posts like the ones I've posted, right?

Way too easy to get a reaction out of you guys.
5timechamp Wrote:Holmes may be the most overhyped team in the state. They are riding the wave of what they accomplished the last couple years. They have the parts but the glue is gone. With their point gaurd play they may not make it to Rupp.

What does Holmes have to do with this thread? Absolutely nothing. They've proved themselves...no need for me to hype them up like some of you do with EJ and SV.

Again, don't be so sensitive when someone gets in here and doesn't praise SV or EJ.

Half the people on here say these things about Valley just to get a reaction out of their fans because it's so easy.
This is the best game I have watch all year. You had SV jump out to a early lead and just when you think it is going to be a blow out KCC comes clawing there way back in to it. Kcc show great determination to never give up, but SV also show s that they wasn't giving up either , they could of easily drop there head when KCC come back, but they didn't they just played through it and got the win. I think these are the best 2 teams in the mountains hands down, but I don't think that SV is the best team in the state ,I think they are most likely in the top 5, just not #1. KCC loss to Seneca was a fluke, I'm not saying that Seneca couldn't beat them but I don't think that they would beat them that bad ever again and especialy not at home.
The King Wrote:Ballard beat Holmes by 12. Ballard only beat Iroquois by 8. Iroquois must be better than Holmes. But wait... SV beat Iroquois, so SV must be better than Holmes...

Oh and for the record, Ballard beat Holmes by 8...not 12.

Get your facts straight before you get on here posting things that have no relevance to this thread or topic.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Oh and for the record, Ballard beat Holmes by 8...not 12.

Get your facts straight before you get on here posting things that have no relevance to this thread or topic.

oooo he was off by four, call the Police.
PATS2011 Wrote:oooo he was off by four, call the Police.

oh no...

Shelby Valley is not a world beater...however they are a great team...its all about the Sweet 16 draw...Holmes could be facing a first round exit...everything is about the draw...
kywldcat01 Wrote:What does Holmes have to do with this thread? Absolutely nothing. They've proved themselves...no need for me to hype them up like some of you do with EJ and SV.

Again, don't be so sensitive when someone gets in here and doesn't praise SV or EJ.

Half the people on here say these things about Valley just to get a reaction out of their fans because it's so easy.

You're right Holmes has proved themselves LAST YEAR, the only thing they have proved this year is that they may not be as good as you would've liked or hyped them up to be. I for one am a SV fan and not once have I said they are the best team in the state and it's time for you to realize Holmes isn't either. I for one seem to think that even you like SV a little(IT'S O.K TO SAY SO) because you seem to post on SV more than anyone else does Confusedhh:Confusedhh:

Eight or 12, your logic still equals the same. Holmes and Iroquois are equal and SV is better than Iroquois. Therefore... SV > Holmes. Oh and for the record, you are still not wanted here...
Holmes is better than SV let's not kid ourselfs...

No one in these posts really cares by how many points Ballard beat homes by, we are discussing the WYMT tournament champions and the team they beat.
Aslan Wrote:Holmes is better than SV let's not kid ourselfs...

The King doesn't actually believe that, he just said that to show the stupid logic that people often use when comparing teams.
  •  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next