Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby Valley 60 - Knott County Central 57
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
final.
Shelby Valley survives.

Hats off to Knott, they made a great come back being down 20+ points, Great Game!!
great game, knott trailed 24-6 after the first quarter. great comeback by the patriots. cox had an awful shooting game. great game by both teams.
Awesome game to watch.
Shelby Valley starts the game out 7-0 and it was all Shelby Valley all the time in the 1st Quarter to make it a 24-6 1st Quarter lead! Then after being down by as much as 21 Knott closed out the half on a 12-3 run to cut it to a 13 point lead at halftime and kept chipping away at the lead throughout the game and cut it to within 2 points with about a minute left in the game but unable to get over the hump! If Knott Central had handled the ball a little better and played a little better defense in the 1st Quarter they would have won this game! But, the Shelby Valley Wildcats survive the run to win the WYMT Mountain Classic!

Congrats to the Shelby Valley Wildcats!! Your 2010 WYMT Mountain Classic Champions!
Congrats SV!!! KCC has nothing to hang their heads over, they are for real! Cox and Stamper are players. Even though Justice had a poor shooting night, he still ends up with 16 points. Good job Cats, now lets go get another All "A".
Congrats SV. At one point in the first half Milan said Knott was shooting 18%... had they hit anything and SV not shot out their tails this could have easily had a different outcome.
i think this should silence the haters of knott. few more shots go down and knott woulda won this game. but they didnt. valley is a tough team, this could be a moral victory for knott. come back from 20+ and lose by 3 to the best team in team in the mountains, ill take that effort.
What looked like a possible blowout ended up being a good game. Nice comeback by Knott. Congrats to SV.
memphistiger Wrote:i think this should silence the haters of knott. few more shots go down and knott woulda won this game. but they didnt. valley is a tough team, this could be a moral victory for knott. come back from 20+ and lose by 3 to the best team in team in the mountains, ill take that effort.

KCC is the second best team in the mountains, for sure.
Congrats to Valley and way to go KCC refusing to quite. Great game to watch.
Stamper had 19 points and Cox had 17 points Knott Co Central if im not mistaken! Good effort from the Patriots!
trufan Wrote:KCC is the second best team in the mountains, for sure.

i like to think so. dang, so close. valley is a tougher all around team then i thought. #24, didnt get his name but without some of his baskets valley would be hurting. valley has the best starting 5 in the state. if they all get involved in scoring like that then no one will beat them.
merge
memphistiger Wrote:i think this should silence the haters of knott. few more shots go down and knott woulda won this game. but they didnt. valley is a tough team, this could be a moral victory for knott. come back from 20+ and lose by 3 to the best team in team in the mountains, ill take that effort.

I hate when people say that after any game. How about, a few more shots made by Valley and this isn't even a game.
PC_You_Know Wrote:I hate when people say that after any game. How about, a few more shots made by Valley and this isn't even a game.

agree
memphistiger Wrote:i like to think so. dang, so close. valley is a tougher all around team then i thought. #24, didnt get his name but without some of his baskets valley would be hurting. valley has the best starting 5 in the state. if they all get involved in scoring like that then no one will beat them.

#24 is Tyler Newsome, he is an excellent shot, he struggled some with the ball tonight, but came through when they needed him.
All Tournament Team Players from this game
Zach Davis - KCC
Stuart Stamper - KCC
Taylor Newsome - SV
Tyler Newsome - SV
Cody Varney - SV
Ashley Hatfield - SV

Tate Cox(KCC) gets the Sportsmanship Award!

Elisha Justice(SV) Tournament MVP!
You can say many things about this game...if a couple of players show up in the first half then it could have been a different outcome...also if Valley keeps doing what was working in the first half in the second and quit settling for jump shots then Valley might have kept there lead but they didn't...Congrats to both teams and a special congrats to Tate Cox...all time WYMT Mountain Classic Scorer is a great accomplishment and you diserve it...good job Whitaker for holding the record for a total of 2 hours.
The shot at the end of the 1st half made the different in this game.
Congrats to Valley

and to KCC on a very hard come back

Great Game!!
Listened to it on the way back from the UK game. Valley played one of the worst 2nd halves I have heard them play. Gave Knott all of the chances to come back. The fight out a win against a Great mountain team and it should not have been as close at the end of the thrid. Great game by Knott County Center. I am sure that they will be a favorite to make it to the sweet sixteen. Love the fight in their team.
I was disappointed with some of wymt's coverage. I thought Jim Frasure showed a definite bias for Knott, and I am definitely not a big Shelby Valley fan.
Congrat Valley on the win. Got to love Varney love the way he plays the game. GO BIG BLUE:flame:
MVP2 Wrote:The shot at the end of the 1st half made the different in this game.

Not necessarily, when KCC got close, Valley stepped up their game, they would have just stepped up 3 points earlier I believe, and they sure wouldn't have let Cox have that last open look.
bigman77 Wrote:Congrat Valley on the win. Got to love Varney love the way he playss the game. GO BIG BLUE:flame:

Cody Varney is one of my all time favorite Valley players to watch, he plays with such intensity:rockon:
Great game by Valley and to KCC, its not always easy coming back from 20+ points.. They played a great game.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Listened to it on the way back from the UK game. Valley played one of the worst 2nd halves I have heard them play. Gave Knott all of the chances to come back. The fight out a win against a Great mountain team and it should not have been as close at the end of the thrid. Great game by Knott County Center. I am sure that they will be a favorite to make it to the sweet sixteen. Love the fight in their team.

I can agree on that!!
memphistiger Wrote:i like to think so. dang, so close. valley is a tougher all around team then i thought. #24, didnt get his name but without some of his baskets valley would be hurting. valley has the best starting 5 in the state. if they all get involved in scoring like that then no one will beat them.

Awful big statement to make after SV barely beats a team that was destroyed in the KOB by the 5-6th best team in the 7th region.

Shelby will probably drop in the Literatings after this close one to KCC.

I wish we could get a chance to see how SV matches up with the best in the state but the time will come at Rupp and they will get the chance to show what thery're made of!

Congrats to SV!
It's crazy but if you think about it Tanner Tackett's 60 foot 3/4 court BOMB was the difference in this game!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10