Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tim Couch
Lions, they have top 3 best skill players in the NFL.
Couch didn't do anything at cleveland cause his line was something like that compared to Phelps goin up agains ST. X. So yeah.. Couch was good. just didn't have anything to work with. I think if he gets another chance to play with players that can play he will do pretty good..
I think that Arizona and Detroit are in the same position right now......Cardinals have talented WR's in Boldin and Fitzgerald but have faltered at the QB slot......Lions have an excellent WR core in Mike and Roy Williams and Charles Rogers....but Joey Harrington is not what he was labeled to be(and he wont be unless hes traded somewhere) and Jeff Garcia is just getting to old and the injury bug has caught up wit him.....so both of these teams could use Tim Couch and I would love to see him goto either one of them......and i was reading and someone had mentioned he performed poorly in Cleveland....the reason that he did is b/c they threw him right in there in his rookie season.....usually a rookie will get limited playing time if hes a QB.....but Couch played every game! and he got sacked alot,rushed and he wore down his rookie season....look at Carson Palmer....didnt even play his rookie year and now hes the one of the elite in the NFL in only his 3rd season....maybe if ***** Davis(I think that was the Browns coach)would have set Couch and not played him as much then we might be calling him as one of the elite.....he has the potential but teams wont give him a chance
Tim Couch is supposed to make a comeback this year. I got the chance to talk to him a little. He is bulked up and ready to come back. His arms and shoulders has gotten way bigger since the injury.
Cleveland is what killed him snap the ball and run for his life because that line can"t block a small school d line.
I agree rallo16. He was put in a bad spot
LC99 must be stoned. Cleveland is where Couch's downfall began, not at UK. How in the hell can u say that he didnt throw downfield at UK, didnt they have a nickname for that offense, something like Air Raid or something like that. But no, he didnt throw downfield or anything did he. Cleveland destroyed Couch and it pissed me off, he had the potential to be a great QB in the NFL but no, he gets stuck with the damn Browns, a team with no O-Line, no receivers, no running game, and one of the worst coaches i have ever seen coach in the NFL. I would love to see Couch in the NFL again, but on a team with a good O-Line and Receivers and running game. I think Detroit would fit that mold, but Im not sure what their line consists of, everyone knows the they have the receivers and are building a good ground game. So yeah, the Lions sound good to me.
For starters, when Couch played at UK Mumme used what is now called the Tony Franklin System. This is a passing scheme but not designed for long bombs. Most of these routes are under 15 yds and they have to be run to perfection in order for them to be successful.

Couch has been out of the game for too long now. Unless he's been playing Arena ball or something that I haven't heard about. He is yesterdays news.

To suggest Couch is going to come back to the NFL and be an impact player is beyond me.

You might as well put Ryan Leaf on that list as well.
hahaha yeah id have to say Couch is a done deal. But if he played under the Tony Franklin system maybe he could make somewhat of an impact at raceland or o cath.
bizmark Wrote:hahaha yeah id have to say Couch is a done deal. But if he played under the Tony Franklin system maybe he could make somewhat of an impact at raceland or o cath.
:Clap:
As a Browns fan i will go ahead and say that the Browns did ruin Tim Couch's career.
IMO, Couch was never given a fair chance to prove he could be a NFL quarterback. While in Cleveland, he was never given an offensive line to block for him. He barely had time to hike the ball and look up before he was scrambling for his life. Also, he was a QB in a type of "Option-Run first" offense at UK. I don't remember him throwing the ball down field much while playing for the Cats. Either way, I think Couch could have been a fine pro QB, he just wasn't given the chance. I hope to see him back in the NFL in the future.
thank you braves fan. i think Couch would look good in silver and blue of Dallas.
rallo316 Wrote:thank you braves fan. i think Couch would look good in silver and blue of Dallas.
I agee...but only because i would like to see him comeback to the N.F.L
I will say this. Many of you will be shocked this NFL offseason when teams start signing. Was at Tim's this past weekend and Tim has been contacted by around 10 teams. Oakland and the Chiefs are the 2 who are really wanting to sign him and showing the most interest. Looks the best and said he feels the best that "HE HAS EVER FELT". RIPPED. Just a speciman to look at. Best of Luck Tim..There are still alot of us loyal to "Kentucky's Son still"!!!
seen on the news last night that Couch has contacted every team in the NFL i hope someone gives him a shot.
I would love to see Tim Couch make a comeback. I still think that he is a great QB and could help alot of teams. Like some of you have already said the Browns is what hurt Couch with such a bad team, you could of took Dan Marino and he would not been able to no good with that team.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KENTUCKY WILDCATS
LC99 Wrote:I disagree, UK sure didn't help Couch. Onething I noticed about Couch in the Pros and in college was the fact that he didn't throw downfield much, and I think a lot of that came from Mumme and the UK offense.
I myself went to alot of Tims games as I am AS CLOSE TO HIM AND HIS FAMILY AS A PERSON CAN BE. Tim didn't throw down field in the pro's because he was laying on his back! Every pass had to be a 3 step drop and out because he had 2 seconds at the most! He broke the "getting sacked record" 2 straight years. He is a monster right now and said that his arm has never felt this good. Tim truly loves the game because he has everything he needs. 40 mill, a playboy playmate for a wife, 3 houses and yet, he still wants to do what he loves to do! So everyone can knock him all they want, as it is easy since they have NEVER proved anything in sports and can just sit back on a computer screen and talk all they want, but why knock someone for doing something in which the sport of football and the love of the game is all they know! Best of Luck Tim...Will talk to ya soon!
I don't care if he didn't do much in the pros, he will always be a legend in the state of Kentucky. I, too, had the privilege of going to every one of the home games he started for UK, and I will always think of him when I think of that glorious 'goalpost game' against Alabama!

Couch-to-Yeast, baby!!!
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:I don't care if he didn't do much in the pros, he will always be a legend in the state of Kentucky. I, too, had the privilege of going to every one of the home games he started for UK, and I will always think of him when I think of that glorious 'goalpost game' against Alabama!
Couch-to-Yeast, baby!!!

I hope I get to see an unset like that this coming semester! With all the good SEC teams coming in, I am praying that we can pull a big upset with one oif the heavy hitters. I might get to experience a "goalpost game" as you put it. Cool
I was talking about most of the Browns games I attended as well as the UK games. Just hope that a team gives him a shot!
Tim deserves another chance. A legend in his own time. The right fit in the NFL would have taken his strengths and allowed him to work on his weaknesses. That never happened and he became a scapegoat for a mismangaged franchise that is till trying to find its legs. His legacy has not been tarnished in my eyes because of the great heart that he has always shown at Leslie Co, UK, Browns, and after he was given up for dead as a player.
UKisN1 Wrote:Tim deserves another chance. A legend in his own time. The right fit in the NFL would have taken his strengths and allowed him to work on his weaknesses. That never happened and he became a scapegoat for a mismangaged franchise that is till trying to find its legs. His legacy has not been tarnished in my eyes because of the great heart that he has always shown at Leslie Co, UK, Browns, and after he was given up for dead as a player.
Very well said indeed!!!!!!!
Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports the Seattle Seahawks are believed to be one of four teams closely monitoring the rehab of free agent QB Tim Couch (Packers).
Tim would be a great fit in Seattle good luck to Couch.