Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tim Couch
Is there any team that Tim Couch could help right now?

My heart points towards yes, but my mind is not sure. It would have been interesting to see if he would have stuck with a team like Green Bay. He could have learned a lot from Favre--plus, there will be a need soon.

What do you think?
I don't think there is any way he could hurt the Jets right now.

Miami Dolphins also come to mind.

Buffalo Bills have struggled heavily with Losman starting.

Baltimore Ravens still have never found a reliable QB

Detroit Lions are poor at QB with multiple talented WRs

Raiders tried out their 2nd stringer today and he performed poorly

Cardinals have some great receivers and have underachieved at QB
id say that detroit could use them because all of their QBs are playing horribly
He drove down to Cincy not to many weeks ago and worked out for them, but they said that they dont sighn free agents until after the season.
I think he is finished! UK is what caused him to be so bad! That was a system that had what 4 plays! He will not play in the NFL again!
"BelfryJustice" Wrote:I think he is finished! UK is what caused him to be so bad! That was a system that had what 4 plays! He will not play in the NFL again!

exactly he is through
I heard somewhere he was scheduled to tryout with Cincinnati, but why? Palmer, in the next 2-3 years, will be "the best" in the NFL. He has already established himself as one of the league's best.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Cincinnati take him--simply because Kitna could be gone after this year.

It would be a masterful move by the Bengals (in the grand scheme of things). They have also had luck with players from UK. Think about the fan interest that they would get from right across the river. . . . .

Plus--they could probably get him for cheap, he gets a chance to get back into the league, and then eventually--he could move on to another team.
As poor as he performed in Cleveland, how could he not be better than numerous 2nd and 3rd string QBs in the NFL. I'm not saying he's a starter, but he should atleast be on a roster.
"KentuckyHillBilly5321" Wrote:I wouldn't be surprised to see Cincinnati take him--simply because Kitna could be gone after this year.

It would be a masterful move by the Bengals (in the grand scheme of things). They have also had luck with players from UK. Think about the fan interest that they would get from right across the river. . . . .

Plus--they could probably get him for cheap, he gets a chance to get back into the league, and then eventually--he could move on to another team.

I would be shocked if he makes it back! Could you name a few of the UK playes that you are talking about? I only know of a kicker that was their for a few years that was OK! The fan interest is there and doesn't appear to need much help! How many sell outs in a row? I love the Bengals but don't see the need for the above.

:Hole:
Craig Yeast
Doug Pelfrey
Derek Smith (practice squad)

Keep in mind--every time someone buys a Bengals jersey, shit, hat, shot glass, etc--the Bengals/NFL gets a cut. Honestly--don't you think that bring Couch in would do more to increase fan interest? It would be hard not to.

Sellouts are one thing--but DEMAND is something different entirely. Just think--the more demand that there is--the higher the ticket prices.

There is a lot of money still to make for the Bengals. And Mike Brown being the money man that he is--wants to make up for all those years of not making the huge profit. If a league minimum salary will bring another 10,000 fans who are willing to spend money--don't think that he wouldn't do it in a heartbeat!
"KentuckyHillBilly5321" Wrote:Craig Yeast
Doug Pelfrey

Keep in mind--every time someone buys a Bengals jersey, shit, hat, shot glass, etc--the Bengals/NFL gets a cut. Honestly--don't you think that bring Couch in would do more to increase fan interest? It would be hard not to.

Sellouts are one thing--but DEMAND is something different entirely. Just think--the more demand that there is--the higher the ticket prices.

There is a lot of money still to make for the Bengals. And Mike Brown being the money man that he is--wants to make up for all those years of not making the huge profit. If a league minimum salary will bring another 10,000 fans who are willing to spend money--don't think that he wouldn't do it in a heartbeat!

I agree wholeheartedly. Couch could be a decent insurance policy in the league.
I dont think he will start again....I do think he will make someones roster though, he could be a reliable 2 or 3 on the depth chart.
He couldnt hurt the Ravens or the Jets...I really dont think anyone else would come close to puttin him on the field this year.
I would love to see Tim wearing the silver and black
"BelfryJustice" Wrote:I think he is finished! UK is what caused him to be so bad! That was a system that had what 4 plays! He will not play in the NFL again!
please! the Browns are what did him in. Having NO running game, NO o-line, NO defense, and NO faith in him form Butch Davis. they thought he could do it all by himself and be their saviour. hell with the Browns i hope they get sold and move again!!!!
I know Tim is better than most of the backups in the NFL.. gotta be
"Juice" Wrote:I know Tim is better than most of the backups in the NFL.. gotta be
I agree
"Vincent Vega" Wrote:please! the Browns are what did him in. Having NO running game, NO o-line, NO defense, and NO faith in him form Butch Davis. they thought he could do it all by himself and be their saviour. hell with the Browns i hope they get sold and move again!!!!

I disagree, UK sure didn't help Couch. Onething I noticed about Couch in the Pros and in college was the fact that he didn't throw downfield much, and I think a lot of that came from Mumme and the UK offense.
"Vincent Vega" Wrote:please! the Browns are what did him in. Having NO running game, NO o-line, NO defense, and NO faith in him form Butch Davis. they thought he could do it all by himself and be their saviour. hell with the Browns i hope they get sold and move again!!!!

I agree that was the finish, but UK never helped him! He had a chance to go to many other college programs that would have prepared him better for the NFL!
No way are the following stand outs for the Bengals!

Craig Yeast
Doug Pelfrey
"BelfryJustice" Wrote:No way are the following stand outs for the Bengals!

Craig Yeast
Doug Pelfrey
no they wasn't but somethign was working for them in college. if he could put those high numbers up in college with those players he could have done good in the NFL with better talent. but no he got stuck on the expansion Browns whohad nothign then like they do now. i wish he would have went 2nd to Minn. imagine him throwing to Moss all those years.
"BelfryJustice" Wrote:No way are the following stand outs for the Bengals!

Craig Yeast
Doug Pelfrey

Ah, actually Yeast and Pelfrey both did well with the Bengals.

At one time, Pelfrey was the most accurate kicker in NFL history. Not to mention the Jeff Blake to Craig Yeast long ball that scored a few touchdowns.

They may not have been standouts in the NFL--but the Bengals were bad then--they definitely stood out for them.

I agree VV. Whoever would have been their first QB or Coach didn't stand a chance of lasting more than 2 or 3 season's with a expansion team.
I Think Couch Can Help Someone Out...Definitely...Hes A Good Player And Deserves To Be A Back-Up Somewhere I Think...Lions I Think Are Gonna Do A Sweep Out This Off Season They May Be Looking For A New QB...
he could replace maddox in the black an gold ... maddox has let pitt down with his second string performance
i am a kentucky fan always have been and always will be but i really dont think he could help much of anyone now
"elite_sniper" Wrote:i am a kentucky fan always have been and always will be but i really dont think he could help much of anyone now

Why do you say this? Do you feel as if Kentucky had something to do with his down fall at the next level? I was just wondering!

:watch:
Arizona may be able to use him. They have no 'decent' quarterbacks on the roster.

Kurt Warner-OLD- he gets hurt everytime he is hit.
Josh McCown- doesn't have what it takes to play in the bigs.
John Navarre- has potential but not too good.

Couch has experience. You've got to think, Couch never had any kind of recievers in Cleveland. With Fitzgerald and Boldin, Couch could do ok.
Im a big UK fan, but Couch hasn't done so well.
washed up !!!!!