Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Youtube dunks in the 15th region
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:How many people knew this thread wouldn't last but a few minutes before receiving criticism? We all know that almost everyone on Holmes team can dunk better than the best dunker on SV's team. Maybe Ashley should have considered that before dunking.

We don't see a lot of game dunks so it's exciting for the fans of this lowly region (outside of the Trevor Tiller's and Tyler Mullins) to get to see one every once in a while.

Not to take anything away from the Holmes boys who seem to be great kids as well as great players, but I don't think trufan was trying to say Hatfield's dunk was spectacular or anywhere close to what any of them can do. Coach Booher sent me this link yesterday and I considered posting it on here, but I knew what would happen if I did.

You do realize that mostly mountain people post on this site (thanks to people like Stardust, though, it has gotten more attention from people outside Eastern Ky over the past couple of years)? Do you see many SV, Knott County, or Perry County fans posting on Northern Ky sites? If they did, it probably wouldn't be to criticize everything posted about teams from there though.

Like I said....I have no problem with people getting excited. I get excited seeing the dunks in a game too. But do we really need a thread of a dunk? I personally thought Adams dunk last year in the All "A" over Knipp was a great dunk but nobody posted that?

Also, not sure if you were on the other bluegrass site last year but Elliott Co fans created quite a stir amongst the Lexington, Louisville, and nky fan bases..
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:How can you expect for people to keep from bring up dunks in a different context or team.
Say if someone was like check this dunk out .... and it was the one from John Wall in the Indiana game or something. I am sure that people understand that the thread title is a topic starter and people would find it interesting to see other videos of dunks by high school kids or college for that matter.

:Thumbs::notworthy
kywldcat01 Wrote:Like I said....I have no problem with people getting excited. I get excited seeing the dunks in a game too. But do we really need a thread of a dunk? I personally thought Adams dunk last year in the All "A" over Knipp was a great dunk but nobody posted that?

Also, not sure if you were on the other bluegrass site last year but Elliott Co fans created quite a stir amongst the Lexington, Louisville, and nky fan bases..

Yes, I was on there as well and I know what you are talking about.

I'm not disagreeing with you. It's just that you come off as a basher or hater because of all the negative posts you put on here regarding SV. I know the number of threads on here about them is ridiculous, but again most posters on here are from the mountains. A lot of the threads are started by fans of Pikeville, Belfry, etc, not just SV fans. They don't get a chance to see good teams as often as you do and they appreciate this SV team (like we do) for what it has accomplished. Again, you don't see mountain people getting on Northern Ky sites saying how overrated they are.

At least this thread has allowed us to see some pretty good dunks from around the state.
I remember that one. It was a momentum changer.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Yes, I was on there as well and I know what you are talking about.

I'm not disagreeing with you. It's just that you come off as a basher or hater because of all the negative posts you put on here regarding SV. I know the number of threads on here about them is ridiculous, but again most posters on here are from the mountains. A lot of the threads are started by fans of Pikeville, Belfry, etc, not just SV fans. They don't get a chance to see good teams as often as you do and they appreciate this SV team (like we do) for what it has accomplished. Again, you don't see mountain people getting on Northern Ky sites saying how overrated they are.

At least this thread has allowed us to see some pretty good dunks from around the state.

I'm not bashing Valley. I simply give my opinion of them from seeing them. If a college coach or another high school coach were to say some of the stuff said on here would you consider them bashing or "hating" on Valley too? Honestly, I try to stay out of SV threads because anything you say that doesn't agree with what's being said about them, automatically you're bashing them. Some people are just a little too sensitive on here. Atleast my opinion comes from seeing them first hand...I saw several posts in the last Holmes thread from people who haven't seen them this year, bashing them because they aren't scoring 70 and 80 ppg.

As far as your last sentence, I agree....so why would PC get so bent out of shape about posting other dunks???
kywldcat01 Wrote:I'm not bashing Valley. I simply give my opinion of them from seeing them. If a college coach or another high school coach were to say some of the stuff said on here would you consider them bashing or "hating" on Valley too? Honestly, I try to stay out of SV threads because anything you say that doesn't agree with what's being said about them, automatically you're bashing them. Some people are just a little too sensitive on here. Atleast my opinion comes from seeing them first hand...I saw several posts in the last Holmes thread from people who haven't seen them this year, bashing them because they aren't scoring 70 and 80 ppg.

As far as your last sentence, I agree....so why would PC get so bent out of shape about posting other dunks???
If you're trying to stay out of Valley threads, you're doing a horrible job of it and should try just a little bit harder.

Flat out because it was YOU! You are the one always making sure everyone knows how much better Holmes is than Valley. Not one single person asked for you to show the high flying dunks from Holmes, but yet you find it necessary to say, "Hey, Hatfield can dunk, but Holmes can dunk better". Not a single poster asked if anyone could dunk better than Hatfield, the thread creator just thought Hatfield's dunk was something worth showing, but you just figure it would be nice to take away from his Hatfield's dunk. I thought you worked for a site like rivals? Do you constantly 1 up people on there?

You sound like some people I go to college with. I got a new phone not too long ago, the Samsung Impression to be exact, and not 5 minutes after I got into showing my girlfriend what all it could do, her friend, who acts just like you do on here, mentioned how she was getting an Iphone soon. Let some people have a little glory once in a while. How do we know the thread creator isn't related to Hatfield and wanted to show off how his hero is doing?
I think that it was a good dunk by Ashley. It will be awesome to see him do it in a game later in the year. Now lets move on. This thread can go on forever.
How about Cody Varney from the Super District last year... go to about the 7:40 mark.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnEN6Z5Hr7I"]YouTube- Shelby Valley run threw the super district[/ame]
yeah i don't see how OP thought this would stay on just this specific dunk...should we make a thread for every region then? it was a good dunk, but not monstrous by any means. i'll never forget elijahs windmill in the lloyd tourney last year. anyone else go to the dunk contest at warren central last week? joe jackson off the side of the backboard was wow.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:How many people knew this thread wouldn't last but a few minutes before receiving criticism? We all know that almost everyone on Holmes team can dunk better than the best dunker on SV's team. Maybe Ashley should have considered that before dunking.

We don't see a lot of game dunks so it's exciting for the fans of this lowly region (outside of the Trevor Tiller's and Tyler Mullins) to get to see one every once in a while.

Not to take anything away from the Holmes boys who seem to be great kids as well as great players, but I don't think trufan was trying to say Hatfield's dunk was spectacular or anywhere close to what any of them can do. Coach Booher sent me this link yesterday and I considered posting it on here, but I knew what would happen if I did.

You do realize that mostly mountain people post on this site (thanks to people like Stardust, though, it has gotten more attention from people outside Eastern Ky over the past couple of years)? Do you see many SV, Knott County, or Perry County fans posting on Northern Ky sites? If they did, it probably wouldn't be to criticize everything posted about teams from there though.
DortonWildcat5, you are right on with your comment. There is a certain Holmes homer, I won't name his name that jumps on any positive comment about SV and shows stats from his enormous files on Holmes that is more impressive than what we can come up with, in our small file or record of small team, town basketball. He does not seem to understand that we country bumpkins are proud of our teams and try to show it but don't have the professional knowhow he does, lol. I can just imagine his checking his files to prove how wrong I am by stating this, ha ha and one more ha.
PC_You_Know Wrote:If you're trying to stay out of Valley threads, you're doing a horrible job of it and should try just a little bit harder.

Flat out because it was YOU! You are the one always making sure everyone knows how much better Holmes is than Valley. Not one single person asked for you to show the high flying dunks from Holmes, but yet you find it necessary to say, "Hey, Hatfield can dunk, but Holmes can dunk better". Not a single poster asked if anyone could dunk better than Hatfield, the thread creator just thought Hatfield's dunk was something worth showing, but you just figure it would be nice to take away from his Hatfield's dunk. I thought you worked for a site like rivals? Do you constantly 1 up people on there?

You sound like some people I go to college with. I got a new phone not too long ago, the Samsung Impression to be exact, and not 5 minutes after I got into showing my girlfriend what all it could do, her friend, who acts just like you do on here, mentioned how she was getting an Iphone soon. Let some people have a little glory once in a while. How do we know the thread creator isn't related to Hatfield and wanted to show off how his hero is doing?

Look through all of the Valley game threads since the season started and you'll see that I stay out of those. If Justice had a big game I give him his proper due and that's it.

The little side threads though asking "Is Valley the best team in the state", "Is Justice the best player in the state", you bet I post in those because some of the Valley fans, yourself included, go overboard a little too much. We don't need an EJ thread after EVERY game. He's good, he's going to Louisville, he's a great student-athlete...we all get it. You don't see me posting thread after thread on Holmes after every game because it simply isn't needed. I let their play on the court do my talking for me.

I don't try to one up anyone. I simply state my unbiased opinion. If you don't like it, don't read it. If you'd actually get outside of your little box, you'd see that I also talk up other top teams and players in the state as well. If you haven't noticed, I post a lot in the Highlands football threads, Scott Co/Clark Co basketball threads, and also talk up players such as Josh Sewell, Remy Abell, Delquan Thomas, and the talented junior class at GRC. But when I post about any of those being better than Valley or one of their players it doesn't matter because I'm not mentioning Holmes...right? :eyeroll:

You simply pick and choose to point out little things because you have nothing better to do.

dortonite Wrote:DortonWildcat5, you are right on with your comment. There is a certain Holmes homer, I won't name his name that jumps on any positive comment about SV and shows stats from his enormous files on Holmes that is more impressive than what we can come up with, in our small file or record of small team, town basketball. He does not seem to understand that we country bumpkins are proud of our teams and try to show it but don't have the professional knowhow he does, lol. I can just imagine his checking his files to prove how wrong I am by stating this, ha ha and one more ha.

Like I said in my above post. Get out of your little box and you'll notice that the Holmes team and players aren't the only ones that I've said are better than Valley or some of their players.

And I don't have, nor do I need a file with Holmes records in it. I simply follow them just like you follow your team so I have a wide knowledge of their accolades. Unlike you and a few of the other Valley fans though, I also have knowledge about teams and other players around the state and give them their proper due as well.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Look through all of the Valley game threads since the season started and you'll see that I stay out of those. If Justice had a big game I give him his proper due and that's it.

The little side threads though asking "Is Valley the best team in the state", "Is Justice the best player in the state", you bet I post in those because some of the Valley fans, yourself included, go overboard a little too much. We don't need an EJ thread after EVERY game. He's good, he's going to Louisville, he's a great student-athlete...we all get it. You don't see me posting thread after thread on Holmes after every game because it simply isn't needed. I let their play on the court do my talking for me.

I don't try to one up anyone. I simply state my unbiased opinion. If you don't like it, don't read it. If you'd actually get outside of your little box, you'd see that I also talk up other top teams and players in the state as well. If you haven't noticed, I post a lot in the Highlands football threads, Scott Co/Clark Co basketball threads, and also talk up players such as Josh Sewell, Remy Abell, Delquan Thomas, and the talented junior class at GRC. But when I post about any of those being better than Valley or one of their players it doesn't matter because I'm not mentioning Holmes...right? :eyeroll:

You simply pick and choose to point out little things because you have nothing better to do.

Like I said in my above post. Get out of your little box and you'll notice that the Holmes team and players aren't the only ones that I've said are better than Valley or some of their players.

And I don't have, nor do I need a file with Holmes records in it. I simply follow them just like you follow your team so I have a wide knowledge of their accolades. Unlike you and a few of the other Valley fans though, I also have knowledge about teams and other players around the state and give them their proper due as well.

Gonna have to say, after this post, I'm through with reading your posts, I will forever skip over them on this site, I can't even believe you work for some kind of recruiting site with the way you constantly try to shoot down other teams.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Gonna have to say, after this post, I'm through with reading your posts, I will forever skip over them on this site, I can't even believe you work for some kind of recruiting site with the way you constantly try to shoot down other teams.

I don't try to shoot down any teams. I give my opinion and that's it.

My opinion on players and teams is widely respected because I have a knowledge of more than one or two teams and players unlike yourself. I actually get out around the state and see different teams and players. Maybe you should try the same.

My opinion is no different than a coach or scout saying a player isn't good enough od doesn't fit a certain system, etc.

Like I said...if you don't like what I say, don't read it.
kywldcat01 Wrote:All I can say to that dunk is :yawn:

Get out and watch some Louisville, Lexington, or nky basketball.

I'll take Elijah Pittman's windmill dunk on Highlands last year over this one.

Or how about the one against Newport last game where Pittman took off from the middle of the paint, cocked it back and tomahawked it down with one hand over two defenders?

Or how about...well I could go on all day so we'll leave it at that.

You wanna see some dunks? check out the following links:

Holmes v Lexcath (first one is at 1:23 mark)http://www.ihigh.com/khsaa/video_882727.html

Holmes v Christian Co (First one is at 0:23 mark)
http://www.ihigh.com/khsaa/video_882718.html

Keep in mind the first dunk above is from a kid that's 6'1 and not 6'6.

Ya i was looking forward to see that same windmill dunk when i went to the state tournament last year. But if i recall i think Pittman got stuffed by the RIM!!!!!!!!!!:Clap:
PC_You_Know Wrote:Oh my god, another 15th region thread that kywildcat has turned into about Holmes...dear god. I think this thread said 15th region dunks, not "Dunks from NKY by Holmes players that will make Ashley Hatfield's dunk against Pikeville look horrible"

inspiron Wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLeBds59C...-main-area

Here is Timmy Knipp's dunk as a sophomore over GRC best player stenzel last year. Now this is a dunk! He has a lot this year but not many of them have been posted. He had a reverse under the rim and 1 dunk on a kid this year but it hasn't been uploaded.

Nice dunk by Knipp from EC, not impling to you but there are several of good dunks by players in the mountains that are better and are not put on youtube. There is no way that any dunks from anywhere are better than any of the dunks from the Holmes players, right (kywildcat) no matter who they are. Shoot I started to put some dunks on BGR of Kobe and LEBRON dunking but I knew if I did kywildcat would probably post a few of some of the HOLMES players like Pittman and R. Johnson in diapers out dunking them to.LOL Hey kywildcat why is that every time a thread About SV or anyone else is on here you seem to always run your trap, because there are several threads about Holmes on here even if it seems that your the only one starting them. Get a life, it's like you worry way to much about SV and their fans and everyone else that's on here. Please just lay down I for one are sick of all the hating.:flush::moon:
#15 Ben Madon from Bell County had 2 nice dunks against perry county central....that keeps it in the mountains haha
@ TC: I did not see a dunk
I wish i could find Tillers dunk against Magoffin on youtube. It was a two handed slam and he jumped over MCs point guard. Ohh yeah he is a freshman. He also had one against rowan county.
kywldcat01 Wrote:My opinion on players and teams is widely respected

Not here it isn't. If you don't like what is posted about Shelby Valley then don't read it. Gee, it seems like I've read that somewhere before... oh yeah, you said it...

kywldcat01 Wrote:Like I said...if you don't like what I say, don't read it.

Maybe you should listen to your own advice...
justabballfan Wrote:Nice dunk by Knipp from EC, not impling to you but there are several of good dunks by players in the mountains that are better and are not put on youtube. There is no way that any dunks from anywhere are better than any of the dunks from the Holmes players, right (kywildcat) no matter who they are. Shoot I started to put some dunks on BGR of Kobe and LEBRON dunking but I knew if I did kywildcat would probably post a few of some of the HOLMES players like Pittman and R. Johnson in diapers out dunking them to.LOL Hey kywildcat why is that every time a thread About SV or anyone else is on here you seem to always run your trap, because there are several threads about Holmes on here even if it seems that your the only one starting them. Get a life, it's like you worry way to much about SV and their fans and everyone else that's on here. Please just lay down I for one are sick of all the hating.:flush::moon:

Hmm you may want to look the Holmes threads up there bud..I rarely start them. Stardust, tezzy859, and baseballislife have all started more Holmes threads than me on here. Even Scotty doesnt know has started a Holmes thread and I believe he's an EKY fan.

And trust me, I have better things to do than worry about SV OR their fans. Again, look in the SV threads since this basketball season started and you'll notice I have probably less than 5 posts in the game threads. Search Shelby Valley and I guarantee you they're mentioned in 65 percent of the EKY threads on here, regardless of whether it's a SV thread or not. And you wonder why people get tired of hearing about SV and their players?

Oh and if you're going to call me out, get it right. I'm also a Lousiville and Lexington homer as well. :Thumbs:

But you probably wouldn't know that since you only look at when I post about Holmes, rather than the big picture.
This thread is titled: YOUTUBE DUNKS IN THE 15th
When it says 15th it means 15th region. No one mentioned SV being that great Im sure the guy found it on youtube and posted it because it is a 15th region dunk! If we wanted to see any other dunks we would ask you to show us some holmes dunks. I mean its getting ridiculous. Hijacking the thread is not good. If you got a 15th region dunk then post it, if not watch our vids post something then get out. Its simple. If you dont like all the Valley threads its simple dont read em. LOL I figured some one who has some decent knowledge would know if you dont like something don't open it.
kywldcat01 Wrote:All I can say to that dunk is :yawn:

Get out and watch some Louisville, Lexington, or nky basketball.

I'll take Elijah Pittman's windmill dunk on Highlands last year over this one.

Or how about the one against Newport last game where Pittman took off from the middle of the paint, cocked it back and tomahawked it down with one hand over two defenders?

Or how about...well I could go on all day so we'll leave it at that.

You wanna see some dunks? check out the following links:

Holmes v Lexcath (first one is at 1:23 mark)http://www.ihigh.com/khsaa/video_882727.html

Holmes v Christian Co (First one is at 0:23 mark)
http://www.ihigh.com/khsaa/video_882718.html

Keep in mind the first dunk above is from a kid that's 6'1 and not 6'6.

I mean post like this are useless! If you think those are dunks I can show you better. I mean come on man give it a break. Start your own thread about dunks from Louisville or Lexington. This is for 15th region.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Hmm you may want to look the Holmes threads up there bud..I rarely start them. Stardust, tezzy859, and baseballislife have all started more Holmes threads than me on here. Even Scotty doesnt know has started a Holmes thread and I believe he's an EKY fan.

And trust me, I have better things to do than worry about SV OR their fans. Again, look in the SV threads since this basketball season started and you'll notice I have probably less than 5 posts in the game threads. Search Shelby Valley and I guarantee you they're mentioned in 65 percent of the EKY threads on here, regardless of whether it's a SV thread or not. And you wonder why people get tired of hearing about SV and their players?

Oh and if you're going to call me out, get it right. I'm also a Lousiville and Lexington homer as well. :Thumbs:

But you probably wouldn't know that since you only look at when I post about Holmes, rather than the big picture.

You have 15 posts on this thread alone...That's 29%, to this point...And it's not even an SV thread...You are on every SV thread and never....ever have a good thing to say.Just drop it,PLEASE.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Hmm you may want to look the Holmes threads up there bud..I rarely start them. Stardust, tezzy859, and baseballislife have all started more Holmes threads than me on here. Even Scotty doesnt know has started a Holmes thread and I believe he's an EKY fan.

I could care less who starts the Holmes threads because I don't have that much interest in them and don't care if I read them or not. I just know that when I do see one of the Holmes threads I always say, well wonder how bad kywildcat has got this one blown up, I'll bet he has wrote another book on what some of the players did from the time they woke up to after the game, or how they would have beaten someone by more if they would have done this or that and if Holmes is in a tight one it never has nothing to how the other team played it's we didn't play well tonight. As for the SV posts you say that you've only posted on game threads and only about 5 times well they've only played 4 games, but you seem to post on everything that deals with SV and it's never anything positive, you seem to be taking a shot at them no matter what they do.(HATER so I honestly can't see you having alot better things to do but hate. To your reponse I know you are both a Lexington and a Louisville homer but Holmes is the team that's on top now, so until that changes that's were you will take up residence for now. I could care less but the SV stuff is getting really old, besides I hate getting on a SV thread and seeing kywildcat because I know your on there for one reason and one reason only to show the love.LOL lay down somewhere we SV fans can do without you.:blabbermoConfusedleep:
justabballfan Wrote:I could care less who starts the Holmes threads because I don't have that much interest in them and don't care if I read them or not. I just know that when I do see one of the Holmes threads I always say, well wonder how bad kywildcat has got this one blown up, I'll bet he has wrote another book on what some of the players did from the time they woke up to after the game, or how they would have beaten someone by more if they would have done this or that and if Holmes is in a tight one it never has nothing to how the other team played it's we didn't play well tonight. As for the SV posts you say that you've only posted on game threads and only about 5 times well they've only played 4 games, but you seem to post on everything that deals with SV and it's never anything positive, you seem to be taking a shot at them no matter what they do.(HATER so I honestly can't see you having alot better things to do but hate. To your reponse I know you are both a Lexington and a Louisville homer but Holmes is the team that's on top now, so until that changes that's were you will take up residence for now. I could care less but the SV stuff is getting really old, besides I hate getting on a SV thread and seeing kywildcat because I know your on there for one reason and one reason only to show the love.LOL lay down somewhere we SV fans can do without you.:blabbermoConfusedleep:

I don't bash SV. I simply don't share the common interest as you EKY fans that they're the greatest thing, so naturally I'm a hater. Everything isn't going to be positive whether you like it or not. Look at other threads I've posted in. I say some of the same things about other teams too if I don't feel they're as good as someone is hyping them up to be. Your childish antics are quite comical though. Get over it...everyone in the state doesn't think SV or Justice is Jordan and the Bulls. Just because we voice our opinion of that doesn't mean we're Haters like you say. Maybe you should get out and watch some more basketball outside of EKY. Get on another Bluegrass site and you;'ll notice NOBODY hypes SV or the EKY teams up like you guys do on here with Valley. People don't even hype their own team up like you guys do, regardless of where they're from.

EKY fans simply take on "Us vs the world" role and think anyone is bashing them that says something not positive.

As Ochocinco would say...child, please.