Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Youtube dunks in the 15th region
Here is the link to Ashley Hatfields dunk on Pikeville:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JEPhA6p5gk"]YouTube- Ashley Hatfield Dunk[/ame]

<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5JEPhA6p5gk"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5JEPhA6p5gk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>
Great Dunk!!! Ashley Hatfield solidifies himself as the #2 best playerinthe 15th region!!
ok....if you think that was a great dunk, then i could show you some of tyler mullins dunks that would BLOWWWWWWW your mind!!!!
All I can say to that dunk is :yawn:

Get out and watch some Louisville, Lexington, or nky basketball.

I'll take Elijah Pittman's windmill dunk on Highlands last year over this one.

Or how about the one against Newport last game where Pittman took off from the middle of the paint, cocked it back and tomahawked it down with one hand over two defenders?

Or how about...well I could go on all day so we'll leave it at that.

You wanna see some dunks? check out the following links:

Holmes v Lexcath (first one is at 1:23 mark)http://www.ihigh.com/khsaa/video_882727.html

Holmes v Christian Co (First one is at 0:23 mark)
http://www.ihigh.com/khsaa/video_882718.html

Keep in mind the first dunk above is from a kid that's 6'1 and not 6'6.
Or how about this dunk by Jeremiah Johnson...AS A SOPHOMORE in the region championship game:

http://wlwt.highschoolplaybook.com/video/179386.html
I was hoping some people would post dunks from games this year, not last years games. I have watched teams from down state dunk, but it is more exciting to me to watch these kids from the mountains throw it down because I know them personally.
........or, How about the old adage that "If you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all"????? I say "good job" Ashley, and congrats on another night for the Shelby Valley crew to score in the 80's or 90's.....Heck, that's almost double some teams average scores.
JIMLEE58 Wrote:........or, How about the old adage that "If you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all"????? I say "good job" Ashley, and congrats on another night for the Shelby Valley crew to score in the 80's or 90's.....Heck, that's almost double some teams average scores.

I just don't see why some people get so excited over a dunk that wasn't even that impressive. I could understand if it was a windmill or something over a few defenders, but a break away one hand dunk where he barely throws it down?

To each his own, I guess.
kywldcat01 Wrote:I just don't see why some people get so excited over a dunk that wasn't even that impressive. I could understand if it was a windmill or something over a few defenders, but a break away one hand dunk where he barely throws it down?

To each his own, I guess.
Did you win some kind of sweepstakes or something? Because you definitely have at least a years supply of Haterade. Unless the thread is about a Louisville school or Holmes you are always on here hating. Did the kids from Holmes get any more points for their dunks? Nobody claimed it was the greatest dunk ever, but it was still pretty cool to watch. :flush:
Oh my god, another 15th region thread that kywildcat has turned into about Holmes...dear god. I think this thread said 15th region dunks, not "Dunks from NKY by Holmes players that will make Ashley Hatfield's dunk against Pikeville look horrible"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLeBds59C...-main-area

Here is Timmy Knipp's dunk as a sophomore over GRC best player stenzel last year. Now this is a dunk! He has a lot this year but not many of them have been posted. He had a reverse under the rim and 1 dunk on a kid this year but it hasn't been uploaded.
I mean it is awesome that some of the players by home have the athletic ability to get up there and dunk, but its not like it is impressive. I hope that someone can post a video of the Valley players during their blue and white night. I heard that they were really throwing it down that night.
inspiron Wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLeBds59C...-main-area

Here is Timmy Knipp's dunk as a sophomore over GRC best player stenzel last year. Now this is a dunk! He has a lot this year but not many of them have been posted. He had a reverse under the rim and 1 dunk on a kid this year but it hasn't been uploaded.

:Thumbs:

Be careful...saying another dunk by someone not from Valley will put you in the "hater" category and you'll be ruining the thread. :eyeroll:
kywldcat01 Wrote::Thumbs:

Be careful...saying another dunk by someone not from Valley will put you in the "hater" category and you'll be ruining the thread. :eyeroll:

Lol I agree. Watch out for the sensitive people.
Larry Legend Wrote:Did you win some kind of sweepstakes or something? Because you definitely have at least a years supply of Haterade. Unless the thread is about a Louisville school or Holmes you are always on here hating. Did the kids from Holmes get any more points for their dunks? Nobody claimed it was the greatest dunk ever, but it was still pretty cool to watch. :flush:

Don't forget about Lexington. :Thumbs:

I provided a few more dunks for ya as well.

Jaylen Beckham....FRESHMAN:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7wXvj8ptwk"]YouTube- Beckham thunders home a putback dunk[/ame]

Ge'Lawn Guyn Alley Oop:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9MAwRXZPak"]YouTube- GeLawn Guyn does a chin-up on the rim[/ame]
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Lol I agree. Watch out for the sensitive people.

Once again, this thread title mentioned nothing of Holmes, Lex. catholic, or any team that is not in the 15th region that has been mentioned. No one is being sensitive here, just getting tired of people bashing Valley because they're biased.
Mr.Rainman Wrote:Great Dunk!!! Ashley Hatfield solidifies himself as the #2 best playerinthe 15th region!!

Not Impressed!!! Dontarius Pittman of the Lee Co Bobcats has multiple dunks that are more impressive than that!
kyfan10 Wrote:ok....if you think that was a great dunk, then i could show you some of tyler mullins dunks that would BLOWWWWWWW your mind!!!!

Tyler is Def. the best dunker in the mountains!
Wait...don't forget this one...wow another one not from a Louisville school or Holmes.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgRbNLq9_h0"]YouTube- Chad Jackson Scott County Dunk[/ame]
PC_You_Know Wrote:Once again, this thread title mentioned nothing of Holmes, Lex. catholic, or any team that is not in the 15th region that has been mentioned. No one is being sensitive here, just getting tired of people bashing Valley because they're biased.

Alright dude. All I am refering to is that most of the time someone can have one differing opinion of Valley and it sends a number of people on here off the deep end. This dunk by Ashley was great and it is cool to see someone from the mountains being able to dunk in a game but dont get upset if some people dont think that it is amazing.
All of the other dunks posted have been awesome. Better than Ashley's, no one said they weren't. I was just saying that every time you post the purpose is to bash SV. No one on here has been bashing Holmes or Scott County or any of those schools. I give credit when its due. I have said I think both of those teams are better than SV, I could spend my day pointing out weaknesses that those teams have, but I would rather not.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Alright dude. All I am refering to is that most of the time someone can have one differing opinion of Valley and it sends a number of people on here off the deep end. This dunk by Ashley was great and it is cool to see someone from the mountains being able to dunk in a game but dont get upset if some people dont think that it is amazing.

I couldn't care less if people don't think it's amazing, but no where in the title or the original post did it say to show dunks from around the state.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Once again, this thread title mentioned nothing of Holmes, Lex. catholic, or any team that is not in the 15th region that has been mentioned. No one is being sensitive here, just getting tired of people bashing Valley because they're biased.

We're biased but yet there's probably 10 different threads on how great Valley and Justice is?

:lmao:

I don't see anyone else posting a dunk on here every time their team throws one down. Heck if we did that, there'd be probably 50 different threads.
kywldcat01 Wrote:All I can say to that dunk is :yawn:

Get out and watch some Louisville, Lexington, or nky basketball.

I'll take Elijah Pittman's windmill dunk on Highlands last year over this one.

Or how about the one against Newport last game where Pittman took off from the middle of the paint, cocked it back and tomahawked it down with one hand over two defenders?

Or how about...well I could go on all day so we'll leave it at that.

You wanna see some dunks? check out the following links:

Holmes v Lexcath (first one is at 1:23 mark)http://www.ihigh.com/khsaa/video_882727.html

Holmes v Christian Co (First one is at 0:23 mark)
http://www.ihigh.com/khsaa/video_882718.html

Keep in mind the first dunk above is from a kid that's 6'1 and not 6'6.

How many people knew this thread wouldn't last but a few minutes before receiving criticism? We all know that almost everyone on Holmes team can dunk better than the best dunker on SV's team. Maybe Ashley should have considered that before dunking.

We don't see a lot of game dunks so it's exciting for the fans of this lowly region (outside of the Trevor Tiller's and Tyler Mullins) to get to see one every once in a while.

Not to take anything away from the Holmes boys who seem to be great kids as well as great players, but I don't think trufan was trying to say Hatfield's dunk was spectacular or anywhere close to what any of them can do. Coach Booher sent me this link yesterday and I considered posting it on here, but I knew what would happen if I did.

You do realize that mostly mountain people post on this site (thanks to people like Stardust, though, it has gotten more attention from people outside Eastern Ky over the past couple of years)? Do you see many SV, Knott County, or Perry County fans posting on Northern Ky sites? If they did, it probably wouldn't be to criticize everything posted about teams from there though.
kywldcat01 Wrote:We're biased but yet there's probably 10 different threads on how great Valley and Justice is?

:lmao:

I don't see anyone else posting a dunk on here every time their team throws one down. Heck if we did that, there'd be probably 50 different threads.
The people on here that are biased are usually the fans who don't know the game that well. Our fan base that have actually have seen most of the teams in the top 5 realize that we don't have the best team in the state. Our biased fans are just more active on this website than the other schools biased fans. Trust me every school in the state have plenty of fans that think their team is much better than they are.
Larry Legend Wrote:All of the other dunks posted have been awesome. Better than Ashley's, no one said they weren't. I was just saying that every time you post the purpose is to bash SV. No one on here has been bashing Holmes or Scott County or any of those schools. I give credit when its due. I have said I think both of those teams are better than SV, I could spend my day pointing out weaknesses that those teams have, but I would rather not.

Show me where I've bashed Valley. I continually talk Justice up as one of the best players in the state and give him credit any time he has a big game.

If I were going to bash him I would've said something about him ONLY (sarcastic) having 15 points the other night, but I chose not to because I know he's a great player.

And rarely do I even post in Valley thread so I don't know where you're getting anytime I post is to bash Valley.

PC_You_Know Wrote:I couldn't care less if people don't think it's amazing, but no where in the title or the original post did it say to show dunks from around the state.

You try to turn any thread about another EKY school in to a Valley or Justice thread. Anytime someone says something good about another EKY school, you automatically bring up Valley or one of their players to try and make the other look like they aren't on the same level as SV.
inspiron Wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLeBds59C...-main-area

Very nice dunk.
I cant tell if he even dunked the ball
Larry Legend Wrote:The people on here that are biased are usually the fans who don't know the game that well. Our fan base that have actually have seen most of the teams in the top 5 realize that we don't have the best team in the state. Our biased fans are just more active on this website than the other schools biased fans. Trust me every school in the state have plenty of fans that think their team is much better than they are.

And this I can live with. I have no problem with people showing their bias and supporting their school because as all of you know, I'm the biggest Holmes homer on this site and I also follow and support several of the Louisville and Lexington schools.

It just gets kind of old seeing a new Valley thread everyday. Why can't we just all let the KIDS do the talking with their play on the court? All some of us are doing is creating a lot of hype that isn't really needed.

Elliott Co fans were a prime example of this last year and SOME, not all, SV fans are a prime example of that this year.
PC_You_Know Wrote:I couldn't care less if people don't think it's amazing, but no where in the title or the original post did it say to show dunks from around the state.

How can you expect for people to keep from bring up dunks in a different context or team.
Say if someone was like check this dunk out .... and it was the one from John Wall in the Indiana game or something. I am sure that people understand that the thread title is a topic starter and people would find it interesting to see other videos of dunks by high school kids or college for that matter.