Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals WR Chris Henry dies after accident
sstack Wrote:listen to the 911 tape!

It's a 911 tape, those are typically full of calm emotion:eyeroll:
Such a sad situation. I am not a Bengal fan and I was definitely not a Chris Henry fan, but this has bothered me more than any other athlete/celebrity passing away. I don't know if it because he was finally getting his life straight or that he was so young and young children. I have been thinking of him constantly since I heard of the accident. The Bengals have their best team in nearly two decades (this Bengal team would destroy the 05 Bengals IMO) and they have to go through two deaths in the Bengal family one season. I would not be too upset if they made a run in the playoffs this year. They deserve it with the adversity they have been through this year.
A witness said he jumped in the back of the truck and was beating on the cab. Why in the world would you do that??? We may never know the real reason. I feel for his kids and I hope someone responsable enough will be able to keep their money safe, so they can have a future. Pray for his family. They said he had a new tatoo that simply read, "Blessed". That sounds like a good ending.
Tragic
offical police statement
http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20091.../312160084

"Based on information gathered at the scene, a domestic situation began at 840 Peachtree Road.
His fiancé got into a pickup truck and drove away from the residence. As she was driving away Mr. Henry jumped into the bed of the truck. The domestic situation continued between the operator and Mr. Henry. At some point while she was driving, Mr. Henry came out of the back of the vehicle."

Again a sad, tragic ending to this man's life but .........
He had made poor choices in his life and the choice to jump into a bed of a moving truck with a broken arm cost him his life. Sad, tragic yes. But did he really reform his life and his thug-like ways(he went after his fiance-Why?) or did his agent help him with a public image issue he had?
As a life long die hard Steeler fan, I feared Henry more than Chad Johnson or T.J. He was the most talented receiver the Bengals had. It's good he had stayed out of trouble the last couple years and sad his children lost their dad. I wish his family the best in their time of grief.
Shady Grady Wrote:As a life long die hard Steeler fan, I feared Henry more than Chad Johnson or T.J. He was the most talented receiver the Bengals had. It's good he had stayed out of trouble the last couple years and sad his children lost their dad. I wish his family the best in their time of grief.
Great post..and I feared him the most too..he was a handful for our DBs to cover. Him and TJ were both Steeler killers during their time in Cincy..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Tonga’s neighbor, Lee Hardy, was perched on a 15-foot ladder cutting back some trees when he saw the yellow pickup “zooming” up the Tongas’ gravel driveway just a few yards away. Hardy said a shirtless black man clung to the top and side of the truck while standing in the bed, begging her to stop the vehicle.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20091...s+released

Anyone see the peelout marks in front of the parents house? Hardly fits the above please report that makes it sound like the truck just casually drove away.
Stardust Wrote:Tonga’s neighbor, Lee Hardy, was perched on a 15-foot ladder cutting back some trees when he saw the yellow pickup “zooming” up the Tongas’ gravel driveway just a few yards away. Hardy said a shirtless black man clung to the top and side of the truck while standing in the bed, begging her to stop the vehicle.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20091...s+released

Anyone see the peelout marks in front of the parents house? Hardly fits the above please report that makes it sound like the truck just casually drove away.

Witnesses also stated they heard him yelling stop the truck or I will jump out and kill myself. Does not sound like a stable, rational person.Do you think the reason he begged her to stop the truck was because he was made at her and wanted to continue the domestic dispute (verbal or physical?) or just to tell her that he loved her and to drive careful?
sstack Wrote:Witnesses also stated they heard him yelling stop the truck or I will jump out and kill myself. Does not sound like a stable, rational person.Do you think the reason he begged her to stop the truck was because he was made at her and wanted to continue the domestic dispute (verbal or physical?) or just to tell her that he loved her and to drive careful?

Like I said before, she was running away - From her own parents house with them there??? Women don't run from their parents, they run to!
Ok, how many of you have witnessed a pizzed off women get behind the wheel of an automobile ? If you have then you know about what happened.
I wasn't going to say anything about this but from several reports about how Henry was being guilty of domestic violence & that the NFL observing a moment of silence will be a insult to women.
Anyone occupying a motor vehicle equipped with seat belts must have seat belts properly secured & it is the drivers responsibility to see to it. Operating a motor vehicle having passengers not wearing seat belts is against the law. Who gets the ticket? Here is a article referring to this.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/mo...story.html
My response is to the author & others like him.
Hey, they were both screwing up allowing their argument to escalate & acting foolish I,m just saying you can't put the blame on just one of them. For the kids sake I hope she is able to stay with them.