Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bengals WR Chris Henry dies after accident
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Poilce report this morning say Bengals wideout Henry died afeter falling out of the bed of a pickup truck.
http://www.cleveland.com/ohio-sports-blo...eceiv.html

Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Chris Henry dies from injuries

By Associated Press

December 17, 2009, 9:48AM

[Image: chrishenryjpg-9f648b4b4cc533b9_small.jpg]APChris HenryCHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Charlotte-Mecklenburg police say Cincinnati Bengals receiver Chris Henry has died.

Earlier, the Bengals said Henry had suffered "grave injuries" a day after he was hurt in what police describe as a domestic dispute with his fiancee.

Bengals president Mike Brown released a statement today saying they are "stunned to have learned this news." The team's director of security is scheduled to arrive in North Carolina to offer assistance to the family.

Charlotte-Mecklenburg police say a dispute began at a home Wednesday and Henry jumped into the bed of the pickup truck as his fiancee was driving away from the residence.

Police say at some point as the woman drove, Henry "came out of the back of the vehicle." He was found on the road about a half-mile from where police say the dispute began.
espn says henry passed at 6:36 am this morning.
It's sad, it's tragic but.................. Look at this young man's choices in life and the path he kept going down no matter how many chances and opportunities he was given.

Sad, tragic yes. Surprising- no
It is indeed very sad.
WOW! What a tragic way to end his tragic life.
Very sad situation. RIP Chris Henry.
Such a sad story. He was just getting back to the good side of things too. It was sad seeing Chad Ochocinco this morning tore up about the situation.
Oh how sad. I was following this story yesterday and I didnt know that he had passed until I woke up this morning. I am still in shock about this. Prayer are with Chris's family.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Such a sad story. He was just getting back to the good side of things too. It was sad seeing Chad Ochocinco this morning tore up about the situation.

The kids that don't have a father any more is truly sad.
One of his biggest choices & most admired was the one he made regarding how he conducted himself off the field since his return to the Bengals.
So yes I believe in the end he made the right choice.
The ones who never are able to make the choice he did are surely still suffering.
We will miss you Chris.
This is extremely tragic and sad. However, I see no correlation with this event on the other mistakes that Chris Henry made perviously in his life. To make that comparison, with so little information specific to the incident's "cause" is unfair to him and his family.
Some people never get over anything & that's sad for them. Chris did & from what I hear he had started trusting the lord for life's questions.
If this had happened a couple of yrs ago no one would have been surprised ,after all the changes he had made in his life his death came as a shock to those who knew him. If there are those who didn't know this about Chris I'm sure he would have wanted them to.
I really wonderi how the Bengals players will respond to all of the media and emotions surrounding the game now.
Stardust Wrote:This is extremely tragic and sad. However, I see no correlation with this event on the other mistakes that Chris Henry made perviously in his life. To make that comparison, with so little information specific to the incident's "cause" is unfair to him and his family.

I agree. When anyone passes away its a tragic event. We may go on with our lives that day after a sorry and prayer post. Just imagine this guys family. Henry is engaged to Loleini Tonga, and the couple has been raising three children. An extremely sad story for these kids.
This has killed me. Chris was one of my favorite Bengals and felt he had the potential to be one of the best receivers in the league. He had turned his life around and was starting to make an impact with his play until he broke his arm. Now we will never get to see exactly what kind of talent the kid really had. He will truly be missed by me, that's for sure. RIP Slim.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I agree. When anyone passes away its a tragic event. We may go on with our lives that day after a sorry and prayer post. Just imagine this guys family. Henry is engaged to Loleini Tonga, and the couple has been raising three children. An extremely sad story for these kids.

BCF4L Wrote:This has killed me. Chris was one of my favorite Bengals and felt he had the potential to be one of the best receivers in the league. He had turned his life around and was starting to make an impact with his play until he broke his arm. Now we will never get to see exactly what kind of talent the kid really had. He will truly be missed by me, that's for sure. RIP Slim.

Very classy gentlemen, very. :Thumbs:
nky Wrote:It's sad, it's tragic but.................. Look at this young man's choices in life and the path he kept going down no matter how many chances and opportunities he was given.

Sad, tragic yes. Surprising- no

Are you serious with this post? This is the most insensitive post I have ever seen on BGR. This man just lost his life, 3 kids just lost a father. And the best you can offer is to past judgement on the man. Very classy......May God bless the family of Chris Henry and comfort them through this trying time. I will continue to pray for the three babies who lost a father. This is just so sad. RIP 15 WHO DEY 4 LIFE.
I was so sad when i first heard the story that Chris had died and it's a very unfortunate situation that he was in that caused this too happen! Chris was one of my favorite players on the Bengals and he had such a bright future ahead of him! He was just starting to turn his life around, he was on the right path conducting himself properly off the field! He finally was going to have to peace in his life and then this happened. VERY UNFORTUNATE!! The Henry Family will be in all of our prayers!
tezzy859 Wrote:Are you serious with this post? This is the most insensitive post I have ever seen on BGR. This man just lost his life, 3 kids just lost a father. And the best you can offer is to past judgement on the man. Very classy......May God bless the family of Chris Henry and comfort them through this trying time. I will continue to pray for the three babies who lost a father. This is just so sad. RIP 15 WHO DEY 4 LIFE.

Thank you for saying something. When I read that early in the day I thought the same thing. People make mistakes and you try to learn from them and for someone that was finally getting things right, you have to love that he gave it his all until he got hurt. The fact that he had a family and was preparing to get married shows that he had matured over the past year and a half. This is a life taken too soon due to a tragic tragic event. The fiancee has a long long life ahead to deal with this and raising the children. I really think that it is no place to bring up his past and say something like it wasnt shocking. I hope and pray that God is looked to in this situation.
RIP to a real life Steeler killer. Its so sad to see someone who seemed like they were turning the corner, after so many years and so many negative moments, to right their ship and have their life taken like this. Its senseless. Chris Henry was a very talented football player, but most of all, he was a good father to his children, which is overlooked so much. Regardless of the paths he TOOK BEFORE, the one he was currently on, is the one that counts. I wish his children the absolute best, and I really hope that the Bengals dont have to go through another tragedy this season. For a 9-4 football team, it seems like they cant catch a break. I wish the Bengals well, and the family members of Chris Henry the prayers they will need to get through this. RIP Chris Henry, from Steeler Nation.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:RIP to a real life Steeler killer. Its so sad to see someone who seemed like they were turning the corner, after so many years and so many negative moments, to right their ship and have their life taken like this. Its senseless. Chris Henry was a very talented football player, but most of all, he was a good father to his children, which is overlooked so much. Regardless of the paths he TOOK BEFORE, the one he was currently on, is the one that counts. I wish his children the absolute best, and I really hope that the Bengals dont have to go through another tragedy this season. For a 9-4 football team, it seems like they cant catch a break. I wish the Bengals well, and the family members of Chris Henry the prayers they will need to get through this. RIP Chris Henry, from Steeler Nation.

TidesHoss you are the man. I am so happy that there are classy people like you on here. Thanks from a lifelong Bengals fan.
So sad to hear. He was a heck of a Talent. Prayers to his family.
tezzy859 Wrote:Are you serious with this post? This is the most insensitive post I have ever seen on BGR. This man just lost his life, 3 kids just lost a father. And the best you can offer is to past judgement on the man. Very classy......May God bless the family of Chris Henry and comfort them through this trying time. I will continue to pray for the three babies who lost a father. This is just so sad. RIP 15 WHO DEY 4 LIFE.

what is insensitive about this post? It is tagic and my prayers go to his family; they are the ones that will grieve the rest of their lives. But , like he said, this man cont to go down the wrong path after more help from others than you or I will ever get(outside of our families). He was involved in a domestic altercation when this occurred and the mother of his children was frightened enough to flee in a truck from him, so let's not make him an angel who could do no wrong anymore. Sad end to a sad life. Pray for the children !
sstack Wrote:what is insensitive about this post? It is tagic and my prayers go to his family; they are the ones that will grieve the rest of their lives. But , like he said, this man cont to go down the wrong path after more help from others than you or I will ever get(outside of our families). He was involved in a domestic altercation when this occurred and the mother of his children was frightened enough to flee in a truck from him, so let's not make him an angel who could do no wrong anymore. Sad end to a sad life. Pray for the children !

Whoa, whoa, whoa, you show me where this has been stated! I have listened to this all day and nothing has made this sound like it was in the context that you put it. Frightened! Where is the first place that a woman runs from when she fears something - to her Parents, not away from them! We don't know what they story was yet, so to put this like she was running for her life is a little over the top.

You can't throw money at an attitude problem! If Chris Henry has been successful for the last two years in changing his life, it's because Chris Henry decided to change his life. Not his coaches, his teammated, his jailtime, his counselors, his therapists, his kids or his fiance - It started with him deciding he would change. He was no angel two years ago, no reason to say he was no angel over the last two years.
R.I.P Chris Henry..He was a great talent and really seemed to finally have his life going in the right direction.
Stardust Wrote:This is extremely tragic and sad. However, I see no correlation with this event on the other mistakes that Chris Henry made perviously in his life. To make that comparison, with so little information specific to the incident's "cause" is unfair to him and his family.

What a sad and tragic waste. Kid had all the God-given skills anybody could possibly want, but he always seemed to be attracted to some kind of trouble. I remember him vividly flipping off the Rutgers fans after scoring a TD. He is the only WVU player I can ever recall actually getting boos from the WVU faithful at Mountainer Field. Henry's being suspended by Fraud cost us the 04 Pitt game. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. If any good comes of this, maybe Pacman Jones will finally get his act together.
I can't believe that people are actually argueing in a thread thats reporting a death!!
Stardust Wrote:Whoa, whoa, whoa, you show me where this has been stated! I have listened to this all day and nothing has made this sound like it was in the context that you put it. Frightened! Where is the first place that a woman runs from when she fears something - to her Parents, not away from them! We don't know what they story was yet, so to put this like she was running for her life is a little over the top.

You can't throw money at an attitude problem! If Chris Henry has been successful for the last two years in changing his life, it's because Chris Henry decided to change his life. Not his coaches, his teammated, his jailtime, his counselors, his therapists, his kids or his fiance - It started with him deciding he would change. He was no angel two years ago, no reason to say he was no angel over the last two years.

listen to the 911 tape!
Regardless of how you felt about him, 3 kids are now without a father. I dont know for sure, but im saying its the same situation he grew up with thus causing him to stray down the wrong path. So many people are quick to judge without knowing what its like in another mans shoes.
Why in the world would this have anything at all to do with pacman jones? Completely irrelevant to this situation and thread.

Everyday we wake up in America we have the choice of changing whatever we want in our lives. It really seemed like Chris was in the process of growing up and becoming a man. Its to bad we wont get to see how it was going to turn out.
Pages: 1 2