•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheldon Clark 2010
bulldogfan Wrote:Sheldon Clark was truly a good team last year. However, they seemed to not have that one true athelete to make the team great. Several players contributed overal and that made for a well balanced team. However, they need that one game changer. With so much talent lost to graduation I dont see that talent next year either.

I feel like K.P could be that player. He was out a lot last year with injuries but if healthy this year he will be a force and will be hard to stop.
bulldogfan Wrote:Sheldon Clark was truly a good team last year. However, they seemed to not have that one true athelete to make the team great. Several players contributed overal and that made for a well balanced team. However, they need that one game changer. With so much talent lost to graduation I dont see that talent next year either.

have u not seen k.p.? have u not seen ray? have u not seen moore? they are great.
The future looks bright for SCHS! They have a lot of good young players to go with some really good upper classmen!
osufan Wrote:have u not seen k.p.? have u not seen ray? have u not seen moore? they are great.

Yes, all three mentiond above have tremendous potential and should perform well in the 2010 season. I am anxious to see how KP performs, for last year he was at 100% only in the first two and the last two games. He, I think, missed five games and saw limited action, and was performing at less than 100%, in the other games in which he played. I feel we will be surprised at his performance this season.

A Ray is a very good back offensively and defensevly.(I remember the two key interceptions in the PCC game) I truly believe we'll see an exceptional year for this young man.

M Moore has speed and a lot of experience and is an excellent receiver; I predict that he will perform very well his senior year.

In addition to those mentioned above, SC is returning a group of experienced players. I am not going to mention names for fear that I leave someone out that should be mentioned. We may be surprised at the improvement of some of the underclassmen, also. I am speaking of those who saw limited action. One year, sometimes, makes a huge difference.

One more thing, you guys that carry the ball and get the headlines, remember to thank your linemen, for they are essential to your success.

Let's hope that SC will not be plagued with injuries in 2010, for that definitey hurt them last season.
Hager feeds us gunpowder and red meat.
Landser, Amer. Wrote:Yes, all three mentiond above have tremendous potential and should perform well in the 2010 season. I am anxious to see how KP performs, for last year he was at 100% only in the first two and the last two games. He, I think, missed five games and saw limited action, and was performing at less than 100%, in the other games in which he played. I feel we will be surprised at his performance this season.

A Ray is a very good back offensively and defensevly.(I remember the two key interceptions in the PCC game) I truly believe we'll see an exceptional year for this young man.

M Moore has speed and a lot of experience and is an excellent receiver; I predict that he will perform very well his senior year.

In addition to those mentioned above, SC is returning a group of experienced players. I am not going to mention names for fear that I leave someone out that should be mentioned. We may be surprised at the improvement of some of the underclassmen, also. I am speaking of those who saw limited action. One year, sometimes, makes a huge difference.

One more thing, you guys that carry the ball and get the headlines, remember to thank your linemen, for they are essential to your success.

Let's hope that SC will not be plagued with injuries in 2010, for that definitely hurt them last season.

Landser, Amer.:
I agree with your comments regarding the players mentioned above; however, mentioning the linemen is especially gratifying, for most of us miss their key blocks, etc. So you comment urging the backs to praise their efforts is "right on."

As I have mentioned numerous times, I hope that SC has a year with minimal injuries, for the injuries definitely hampered their overall performance.

A Ray 5, keep eating the red meat and gunpowder that Coach Hager is feeding you guys, but tell coach to throw some asparagus in the mix, for you'll be even stronger.

I wish you guys the best and a very successful 2010 season. And I truly believe that you guys will surprise a few doubters.
A_Ray #5 :];899211 Wrote:Having a very impressive 2009 season.
What do you think about the 2010 year?

I think we will win at least 9 games next year. We loose some people but me and Chase Lafferty, BJ Jarrell, Tyler Oconnor, and a healthy Skyles can fill in the holes with no problems. I am looing forward to football and I am glad basketball is over! I will be really happy to get to work ofr Coach haggger and feel like im getting treated fair again!
Is the superintendent going to allow the middle school to play in the Big Sandy Valley Conference?
basketball_rules Wrote:I think we will win at least 9 games next year. We loose some people but me and Chase Lafferty, BJ Jarrell, Tyler Oconnor, and a healthy Skyles can fill in the holes with no problems. I am looing forward to football and I am glad basketball is over! I will be really happy to get to work ofr Coach haggger and feel like im getting treated fair again!

basket ball_rules:

I saw some of the Sheldon Clark games last season, and I would agree with you that "holes" can probably be filled. I feel that the returning starters from last year will contribute substantially. And, yes, Lafferty, Jarrell, O'Connor, and Taylor Chapman, who was not mentioned, will definitely step-up and contribute. Moreover, some returning backs that I would hope will perform well is: Avery Ray, Mikie Moore, and Austin Stepp.

But let's not forget the linemen, for they are extremely important to a successful season, for any team. I believe that they will improve dramatically; the returnees, I thought, did a very credible job last year.

I was fortunate enough to see the last two games in the 2009 season: Pike Central, and Somerset, and I was impressed with KP Skyles' performance. One of my thoughts was, how would he have done if he had been healthy all year? I would most definitely think his stats would have been pretty impressive. Based upon what I have been told, Skyles missed about five games and saw limited action on defense three or four others. So let's hope he has an injury free and successful 2010. I have also heard that he is a dedicated, hard worker. Overall, I believe SC has a great group of young men returning and I believe, also, a few unbelievers will be surprised.

But, to sum it up, I will quote an old saying, "Talk is cheap and ACTION is louder than words." So, guys, work hard, keep a positive attitude, and bring the 3A title to Inez in 2010. That is a lofty goal, but it can be done, one game at a time. You guys have potential!
Landser, Amer. Wrote:basket ball_rules:

I saw some of the Sheldon Clark games last season, and I would agree with you that "holes" can probably be filled. I feel that the returning starters from last year will contribute substantially. And, yes, Lafferty, Jarrell, O'Connor, and Taylor Chapman, who was not mentioned, will definitely step-up and contribute. Moreover, some returning backs that I would hope will perform well is: Avery Ray, Mikie Moore, and Austin Stepp.

But let's not forget the linemen, for they are extremely important to a successful season, for any team. I believe that they will improve dramatically; the returnees, I thought, did a very credible job last year.

I was fortunate enough to see the last two games in the 2009 season: Pike Central, and Somerset, and I was impressed with KP Skyles' performance. One of my thoughts was, how would he have done if he had been healthy all year? I would most definitely think his stats would have been pretty impressive. Based upon what I have been told, Skyles missed about five games and saw limited action on defense three or four others. So let's hope he has an injury free and successful 2010. I have also heard that he is a dedicated, hard worker. Overall, I believe SC has a great group of young men returning and I believe, also, a few unbelievers will be surprised.

But, to sum it up, I will quote an old saying, "Talk is cheap and ACTION is louder than words." So, guys, work hard, keep a positive attitude, and bring the 3A title to Inez in 2010. That is a lofty goal, but it can be done, one game at a time. You guys have potential!

everytime i read sumthing you post u say sumthing bout he lineman. and id like to than you for that. we dont get much credit from the news and all that, and our backs allways thank us for how hard we work.

I think that we will be fine next year, maybe even better next year than we were this year.
basketball_rules Wrote:I think that we will be fine next year, maybe even better next year than we were this year.

I agree! I believe that SC will be a better overall team in the 2010 season than they were in 2009. Belief in yourselves is paramount, but it must be backed-up with conditioning and preparation, which I believe you guys work on consistently. But the "proof is in the pudding." That is, performance on the field!

My, how time flies, for it is hard to believe that games begin in about five and one-half months. Which means there is plenty of time to get into great physical condition for the ensuing season. (mental preparation is essential, also)

Again, just a personal opinion, but I sincerely believe SC is going to surprise a "bunch" of doubters. They came to life the latter part of last season, after some disastrous events in the middle of the season. So, let's continue the momentum from the latter part of last year.
Good luck sheldon clark
CardinalAlum Wrote:I feel like K.P could be that player. He was out a lot last year with injuries but if healthy this year he will be a force and will be hard to stop.

I have just watched a video on you tube some highlights of KP's partial 2009 season. As you mentioned, barring any unfortunate injuries, I would think that he will be carrying the ball many, many more times in 2010 than 2009. I have heard that he is an extremely hard worker with an excellent work ethic, which if true, bodes well on his behalf. Someone that is close to the team can confirm, or deny my previous comment. A dedicated hard worker will usually outshine the naturally talented athlete if the talented athlete does not have a solid work ethic. But, obviously, if one has talent and the work ethic, the two attributes make that athlete outstanding.

One additional comment and I'll get off: To all SC backs--recognize your linemen, for they clear the way for you; do not fail to thank them for their work! Remember it takes eleven men on the field, the team to win games.
Landser, Amer. Wrote:I have just watched a video on you tube some highlights of KP's partial 2009 season. As you mentioned, barring any unfortunate injuries, I would think that he will be carrying the ball many, many more times in 2010 than 2009. I have heard that he is an extremely hard worker with an excellent work ethic, which if true, bodes well on his behalf. Someone that is close to the team can confirm, or deny my previous comment. A dedicated hard worker will usually outshine the naturally talented athlete if the talented athlete does not have a solid work ethic. But, obviously, if one has talent and the work ethic, the two attributes make that athlete outstanding.

One additional comment and I'll get off: To all SC backs--recognize your linemen, for they clear the way for you; do not fail to thank them for their work! Remember it takes eleven men on the field, the team to win games.

I know KP and can confirm that he is a dedicated, hard working young man, with a great work ethic, who I think will do well in this upcoming football season. Moreover, SC has a group of excellent returning football players ready to "tackle" 2010." I sincerely believe that they will do well.

I would most certainly agree with the previous post regarding the linemen. I know from talking with KP that he appreciates the linemen and their contributions, as I am sure all the backs do, also. As you mentioned previously, it takes eleven men at one time on the field to win the game, not just one or two. It most definitely takes a "whole" team effort to get the job done.

SC: guys keep work ethic well and alive!
Sheldon Clark Players: "Top Teams In The Mountains Preseason" -- Please so not pay any attention these opinions, for they are what they are, opinions. What really counts is where one is at the end of the regular season. And, even more importantly, what one can do in the play-offs.

What do you say, let's concentrate on going, deep, deep in the 3A play-offs! You can do it.
some games this year not for for sure on the rest
@ Shelby Valley
Johnson central
Frankfort
LC
pikeville
then your district games
CardinalAlum Wrote:some games this year not for for sure on the rest
@ Shelby Valley
Johnson central
Frankfort
LC
pikeville
then your district games

Here is SC's schedule and play-off dates:

Aug 20 Shelby Valley - Away
Aug 27 Breathitt County - Away
Sept 03 Frankfort - Home
Sept 10 Johnson Central - Home
Sept 17 Lawrence County - Home
Sept 24 Prestonsburg - Away
Oct 01 Open Date
Oct 08 East Ridge - Away
Oct 15 Belfry - Home
Oct 22 Pike Central - Away
Oct 29 Pikeville - Home
Nov 05 First round of play-offs
Nov 12 Second round of play-offs
Nov 19 Regional championship
Nov 28 Semi final of state championship
Dec 03 State championship
paulcssi Wrote:Here is SC's schedule and play-off dates:

Aug 20 Shelby Valley - Away
Aug 27 Breathitt County - Away
Sept 03 Frankfort - Home
Sept 10 Johnson Central - Home
Sept 17 Lawrence County - Home
Sept 24 Prestonsburg - Away
Oct 01 Open Date
Oct 08 East Ridge - Away
Oct 15 Belfry - Home
Oct 22 Pike Central - Away
Oct 29 Pikeville - Home
Nov 05 First round of play-offs
Nov 12 Second round of play-offs
Nov 19 Regional championship
Nov 28 Semi final of state championship
Dec 03 State championship

This is a great schedule for Sheldon Clark, they will be battle tested come playoff time. The first 6 game for the Cardinals, will be just as tough as stretch as anyone in the mountains.

In 2009 records, teams change from year to year, but based on last season, this is a tough schedule that I think SC will be 5-1 after. Lawrence is the only loss I see during that strecth, and the only loss I see all season for the Cardinals.

Shelby Valley - 8-4 (District Runner up)
Breathitt - 7-6 (District Champs)
Franfort - 8 -4 (District Champs)
Johnson Central 8-5 (District Champs)
Lawrence Co- 13-1 (District Champs/Regional Champs)
Prestonsburg - 13-1 (District Champs/Regional Champs)
The Iceboxx Wrote:This is a great schedule for Sheldon Clark, they will be battle tested come playoff time. The first 6 game for the Cardinals, will be just as tough as stretch as anyone in the mountains.

In 2009 records, teams change from year to year, but based on last season, this is a tough schedule that I think SC will be 5-1 after. Lawrence is the only loss I see during that strecth, and the only loss I see all season for the Cardinals.

do you think they will beat johnson central ?
rebel 4 life Wrote:do you think they will beat johnson central ?

Yes, they beat Johnson Central last season on the road. IMO they will do it again this season at home.
The Iceboxx Wrote:Yes, they beat Johnson Central last season on the road. IMO they will do it again this season at home.
what "a" is sheldon clark
Sheldon Clark is 3A!
The Iceboxx Wrote:This is a great schedule for Sheldon Clark, they will be battle tested come playoff time. The first 6 game for the Cardinals, will be just as tough as stretch as anyone in the mountains.

First, thanks to paulcssi for posting the schedule. Second, I would like to see some additional opinions/predictions regarding SC's record at the end of the regular season.

The 9-1 prediction may be a stretch, but not entirely out of the realm of possibility. Again, just looking for opinions/predictions.
tough schedule,better eat your wheaties...ha ha just teasing
paulcssi Wrote:Sheldon Clark is 3A!

:thanks:
I believe that this season will be break out season for Avery Ray#5 and Mikie Moore #23. Both kids have had a great career and have worked extremely since playing on the BSVC championship team in 8th grade. IMO I believe that 2010 will be rays and moores break out season.
Ted Wrote:I believe that this season will be break out season for Avery Ray#5 and Mikie Moore #23. Both kids have had a great career and have worked extremely since playing on the BSVC championship team in 8th grade. IMO I believe that 2010 will be rays and moores break out season.

Sheww i hope its everyones break out season. Thatd be pretty Gnarley. We have been working hard lifting everyday. Linemen are strong as ever. I love those big guys. Kp is the most dedicated kid in the weight room. Always working hard. I love Sheldon Clark. And cant wait to beat up on the teams on our schedule. Football season can't come any faster.
:]
I was told Valley opted out and will not play SC can anyone can confirm for me?
CardinalAlum Wrote:I was told Valley opted out and will not play SC can anyone can confirm for me?

Yes, unfortunately it's true! Let us hope that SC can find a replacement.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next