• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheldon Clark 2010
Having a very impressive 2009 season.
What do you think about the 2010 year?
Tell us who is coming back and who is graduating A Ray.

SC has ahd some pretty good JV and Freshman teams recently as well, anyone going to be able to step up?
Graduating- Matt Slone, Brad Stafford, PJ Hall, Dustin Burchette, Cody Slone, Casey Delong, Ian Bertling, Todd Howell, Levi Corberie.

Returning- KP Skyless, Avery Ray, Mikie Moore, Chris Slone, Cory Crum, Channing Smith, Austin Stepp, BJ Jarrell.

Should have many stepping up- Taylor Chapman, Kelly Hayes, Tyler Oconner, Chase Lafferty, Austin Preece, Justin Scott.
This really hurts to say it, but I see SC being the pre-season favorite in the District and Region. They get Belfry to come to Inez next season as well. The district will be a shootout next year, but I have to say SC has to be considered as one of the favorites to reach the Finals next year.
It all depends on how hard we work. I think I'll be sore for a month after last nights game. Our hardest positions to replace next year will be our corners.
Sheldon Clark was very impressive last night, both on the field and off it. I can see you guys in the same position next year. Work Hard and Good Luck!!!
What about coach hager i was told by a very close friend of his he wasn't
coaching next year he is a good guy if so he will be hard to replace.
wow.. every year rumors start flying... If hager decides to stay.. i think the cards will make another deep run in the playoffs.. the guys have worked so hard this year and it will continue to pay off next.. counting down the days until kickoff for the cards again.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:What about coach hager i was told by a very close friend of his he wasn't

Nahh, that's not true at all. The deal was if we didn't make it deep into the playoffs this year then he felt like he couldn't get the job done and some one else needed to take over for next year. But I think making it to the State Semis (knocking off Belfry 2nd round) is going to make Coach stay around for my senior year :].
A_Ray #5 :];899232 Wrote:Graduating- Matt Slone, Brad Stafford, PJ Hall, Dustin Burchette, Cody Slone, Casey Delong, Ian Bertling, Todd Howell, Levi Corberie.

Returning- KP Skyless, Avery Ray, Mikie Moore, Chris Slone, Cory Crum, Channing Smith, Austin Stepp, BJ Jarrell.

Should have many stepping up- Taylor Chapman, Kelly Hayes, Tyler Oconner, Chase Lafferty, Austin Preece, Justin Scott.

first of all thay are looseing all there WR's..most of there line and some of the back field..thay might do well to have 35 players next year...(and the ones u say need to step up...have been playing all year..but thay will not be able to take any of the senoirs place's...im not takeing away from none of the sheldon clark players next year but thay just dont have what it takes to play like the senoirs did...there only like 4 freshman comeing up to play football next year...i would like too see them do good..but i cant see it...but u never know untul the first kick off..:Cheerlead
cards should be good as long as the o line keeps working hard and the RB's keep working hard because as it looks now they are going to be a running team again unless somebody transfers in or the qb makes a completly 180 turn around during the off season.
who knows i would like to see hager run some wildcat O with all the fast rb they got.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:What about coach hager i was told by a very close friend of his he wasn't

i have played under hager and he loves the game. heck he loves sports period.he would take on Lebron James in a game of basketball or Peyton Manning is a throwing Competion and Talk so much smack and he would prolly think he would win lol but thats just the way he is. HE COMPETES AND THATS WHAT ANY TEAM HAS TO DO BEFORE THEY WIN. Hager will not leave sc unless its to replace haywood at belfry when he retires. and to be honest i think it would be hard for hager to do that because Martin County has been realy good to him and his family. Hager is a Great person and a great coach and i never want to see him leave the cards. it will be a sad day for SCHS athletics when he does.
all the boys work hard in the off season... we will be fine next year.. we return our qb.. most of our oline and dline.. we will have 2 great rbs.. and our underclassman saw some varsity time.. so I think we will be in the Regional Championship game next year and win.....
should be some good games nxt yr-you guys be sure and take it easy on BELFRY
eastern ky sportsfan Wrote:first of all thay are looseing all there WR's..most of there line and some of the back field..thay might do well to have 35 players next year...(and the ones u say need to step up...have been playing all year..but thay will not be able to take any of the senoirs place's...im not takeing away from none of the sheldon clark players next year but thay just dont have what it takes to play like the senoirs did...there only like 4 freshman comeing up to play football next year...i would like too see them do good..but i cant see it...but u never know untul the first kick off..:Cheerlead

Sc didnt lose all of their WR's...Mikie Moore a kid who made some great catches this season is only a junior and he also is questionably the fastest kid on the team..Cody slone was the leading reciever this season for the cards but i believe mikie step into that role next season!
I think Sheldon Clark had a total of 16 freshman that came out this year and at the end of the year if im correct they had stil 13 or 14 left, so they are still going to have the numbers it's going to be just how they progress while there off, they need to be hitting the weight room.
After watching sports overtime,SC has a player #10 (didn't catch the name) but he looked really fast, what is his name and grade?
roots rod Wrote:After watching sports overtime,SC has a player #10 (didn't catch the name) but he looked really fast, what is his name and grade?

KP Skyles. He is a sophomore and an awesome football player
LCFan Wrote:KP Skyles. He is a sophomore and an awesome football player

him and ray will have to run the ball like they did this pass year and hopefully they will stay injury free..
i look for tyler o'conner to see some rushes next year to.
Did some research and found a Kristian Skyles on the( NUCfootball.com) is this the same, if so he's impressive. Also saw the stats from the state semi finals against Somerset (10 rushes 92yards 1 td) but I checked the stats on khsaa and saw he didn't have many rushes nor played in all games, what happened?
monster_energy Wrote:cards should be good as long as the o line keeps working hard and the RB's keep working hard because as it looks now they are going to be a running team again unless somebody transfers in or the qb makes a completly 180 turn around during the off season.
who knows i would like to see hager run some wildcat O with all the fast rb they got.

:Clap: that would be awesome, i think we have the talent&speed to pull a formation like that off! ecspecially with our two 4.5 backs both returning (K.P & MIKIE) and lets not forget about slippery MR. Avery Ray the only thing i really see a problem with is weve lost all of our secondary/wide outs, but besides that the cards look ready to rock and roll already,
I first want to say congrats to schs on a great season.....and to say what a great football coach they have.:Thumbs:
FRESH_MAN_POWER Wrote::Clap: that would be awesome, i think we have the talent&speed to pull a formation like that off! ecspecially with our two 4.5 backs both returning (K.P & MIKIE) and lets not forget about slippery MR. Avery Ray the only thing i really see a problem with is weve lost all of our secondary/wide outs, but besides that the cards look ready to rock and roll already,

i mean why not we couldnt pass against a good team all year besides the LC game. And no its not all the qb's fault because the oline has trouble blocking out of the shotgun. But still if you want to play qb you have to be able to make plays no matter what and right now they dont have somebody that can. Go to the Wildcat when they want to play shotgon formation heck one of there backs made the best pass all year against pike central. That should tell you something right there!!
monster_energy Wrote:i mean why not we couldnt pass against a good team all year besides the LC game. And no its not all the qb's fault because the oline has trouble blocking out of the shotgun. But still if you want to play qb you have to be able to make plays no matter what and right now they dont have somebody that can. Go to the Wildcat when they want to play shotgon formation heck one of there backs made the best pass all year against pike central. That should tell you something right there!!

I would love to know what your problem is with our qb. Almost every post you have made on here all you have done is put him down. Apparently Coach Hager knows what he is doing...this team has made the regional championship twice since he has been our qb. If I recall, when you played, they didn't. So I think it is a bit of jealousy. So, unless you can do a better job then him, I think you just need to keep your opinions to yourself.
FRESH_MAN_POWER Wrote::Clap: that would be awesome, i think we have the talent&speed to pull a formation like that off! ecspecially with our two 4.5 backs both returning (K.P & MIKIE) and lets not forget about slippery MR. Avery Ray the only thing i really see a problem with is weve lost all of our secondary/wide outs, but besides that the cards look ready to rock and roll already,

Slippery Mr Avery Ray. Ha I like that.
roots rod Wrote:Did some research and found a Kristian Skyles on the( NUCfootball.com) is this the same, if so he's impressive. Also saw the stats from the state semi finals against Somerset (10 rushes 92yards 1 td) but I checked the stats on khsaa and saw he didn't have many rushes nor played in all games, what happened?

Week 3 against Central he broke his foot. He came back and played a few games here and there with limited action on offense. But played alot of Defense in those games. He is very impressive and a great confidence booster when we are in a game and I look over to my right and see him lol.
Have gone through some game film and like what we saw, there are some talented kids that very well may get a shot at playing major college football.
cardinal mom Wrote:I would love to know what your problem is with our qb. Almost every post you have made on here all you have done is put him down. Apparently Coach Hager knows what he is doing...this team has made the regional championship twice since he has been our qb. If I recall, when you played, they didn't. So I think it is a bit of jealousy. So, unless you can do a better job then him, I think you just need to keep your opinions to yourself.

UM i know coach hager knows what he is doing!!
If your happy with getting to the region championship or semifinals then keep him at your qb because you never will win state unless something changes at the qb postion. i'am not saying to bench him i am just saying if he dont improve it should be looked at.
OH yeah since this thread is about SC 2010 i guess i should point out that the CRUM kid Got kicked out of that last game and he will be missing the first game of the season. to bad he didnt keep his head lol it sucks he has to miss his first game of his senior year! BUMMER Confusedhh:
oh yeah for the 100th time if you dont like my opinions dont read them!!
eastern ky sportsfan Wrote:first of all thay are looseing all there WR's..most of there line and some of the back field..thay might do well to have 35 players next year...(and the ones u say need to step up...have been playing all year..but thay will not be able to take any of the senoirs place's...im not takeing away from none of the sheldon clark players next year but thay just dont have what it takes to play like the senoirs did...there only like 4 freshman comeing up to play football next year...i would like too see them do good..but i cant see it...but u never know untul the first kick off..:Cheerlead

As a SCHS linemen we only lost 2 lineman, a center and a guard, we have 3 other centers and 2 other guards that have to compete for the job and 2 monster tackles that started. we are fine on the line. and we have alot of skilled kids that can step up also. so we ill be great. #72
  • 1(current)
  • Next