•  Previous
  • 10(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheldon Clark 2010
SCHS#70 Wrote:i want to make a correction that kp runs a 4.44 40 sorry for the false infomation

Does he run track?
Don Carlo Wrote:Does he run track?

yea he runs track
SCHS#70 Wrote:yea he runs track

Man with that kind of speed he must leave the competion in his tracks. How did he do this year?
good new sc fans chris slone is goin to play football
osufan Wrote:look who he runs behind on almost every play. Smile

1. Skyles is one of the more under-rated players in EKY.
2. I love how he hits the hole hard and he has that 2nd gear in the open field.

3. This video also confirms to me that Shawn hager is doing everything in his power to mimic Belfry Big Grin The jersey look the same, the wishbone looks the same, the RB's style look the same, and besides the obnoxious Cardinal Head the Turf field looks the same. As they say, "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery". HAHA
Don Carlo Wrote:Man with that kind of speed he must leave the competion in his tracks. How did he do this year?

KP did well; I think he placed in the top three in the 100m & 200m in just about every meet in which he participated. However, where he truly excels is in the 40; he is more of a running back than a track man.
monster_energy Wrote:UM i know coach hager knows what he is doing!!
If your happy with getting to the region championship or semifinals then keep him at your qb because you never will win state unless something changes at the qb postion. i'am not saying to bench him i am just saying if he dont improve it should be looked at.
OH yeah since this thread is about SC 2010 i guess i should point out that the CRUM kid Got kicked out of that last game and he will be missing the first game of the season. to bad he didnt keep his head lol it sucks he has to miss his first game of his senior year! BUMMER Confusedhh:
oh yeah for the 100th time if you dont like my opinions dont read them!!

I haven't been online for awhile and hadn't noticed your post until now. Apparently, from what I have seen, I am not the only person on here that has a problem with your posts. You get on here and you bad mouth certain players. I am not ashamed to tell that I am Cory Crum's mom and I am very proud to be. But you get on here and of course you don't want anybody to know who you are. In my opinion all you do is put down people that you are jealous of. You say you played for Coach Hager but I'm sure we never heard much about you. I know everyone has their own opinion, but I think you need to keep your opinions about the team as a whole and not about individual players.
Come on SCHS make a win.
Since it is early in the season, (only 2 games played) Sheldon Clark, keep your head, don't panic. Obviously there are some adjustments need to be made so as to improve, but don't get down on yourselves.

When those doubts creep in, think Puducah-Tilghman 2009!

SC, you have some fine athletes. So, coaches, team members, and yes, fans, get together and prove to the doubters that SC can do it.
They have one of the most demanding schedules in the mountains. The next 3 games will all be tough with Frankfort, Central and Lawrence coming in to Inez.
dawgbyte02 Wrote:They have one of the most demanding schedules in the mountains. The next 3 games will all be tough with Frankfort, Central and Lawrence coming in to Inez.

So true!

I don't know whether you saw the Collins game, but they were an awesome team. They had some highly skilled players and were superbly coached. Moreover they had many returnees from a 6A school. Thus SC can hold their heads high, for they did alright under those circumstances.
i have watched most teams in the 3a district and right now i would have to say sc is about number 3 in theres but season is young and things could change.:redboxer:
mr bojangles 007 Wrote:i have watched most teams in the 3a district and right now i would have to say sc is about number 3 in theres but season is young and things could change.:redboxer:

You may be right; or they could be 4! They have some very good athletes but... I'll leave that (but) to the pundits to discern the problem.
I just wanted to show my wonderful cardinal team some support. Boys we are just two games in, so don't hang your heads. Keep your eyes on the prize and lets show sports overtime who should really be in the mountain top ten.
Landser, Amer. Wrote:You may be right; or they could be 4! They have some very good athletes but... I'll leave that (but) to the pundits to discern the problem.

I am assuredly not a pundit so I will not state my ("but") on this forum, for I am sure I would be called a disgruntled fan, accused of bashing someone or something.

But after two games (Collins & Breathitt) one must wonder. Collins, let's face it, was just too much for SC, some would say a 6A team, due to the transfer of many of the players from Shelby County. Breathitt, well SC could have won that one.

Well, there is always next week!
I can't believe the negativity and panic concerning the Cards performance in the first two games. They will be fine!! They are playing one of the toughest schedules in the mountains. I would hold my judgement until they hit mid-season form.
SCHS is a good football team and Hager is a good coach. Give them time.
well with chris slone back it will help but they are to slow for a good passing team. but coach hager coach tony preece they can get the job done Confusedhh:
mr bojangles 007 Wrote:i have watched most teams in the 3a district and right now i would have to say sc is about number 3 in theres but season is young and things could change.:redboxer:

Landser, Amer. Wrote:You may be right; or they could be 4! They have some very good athletes but... I'll leave that (but) to the pundits to discern the problem.

The Contrarian Wrote:I am assuredly not a pundit so I will not state my ("but") on this forum, for I am sure I would be called a disgruntled fan, accused of bashing someone or something.

But after two games (Collins & Breathitt) one must wonder. Collins, let's face it, was just too much for SC, some would say a 6A team, due to the transfer of many of the players from Shelby County. Breathitt, well SC could have won that one.

hawg laig Wrote:I can't believe the negativity and panic concerning the Cards performance in the first two games. They will be fine!! They are playing one of the toughest schedules in the mountains. I would hold my judgement until they hit mid-season form.
SCHS is a good football team and Hager is a good coach. Give them time.

I think the posts are, mostly, referring to where SC is now, not where they will be at the end of the nineth game. (the last district game)

I thas been pointed out in this forum that SC was completely and totally out of their class @MLC, and played Breathitt a great game for three quarters, and then made some costly errors in Q4. But one can't get much closer than 26 25.

As the games are played going forward we will see what transpires. I don't believe that the true SC fans have given up.

cardsfan98 Wrote:I just wanted to show my wonderful cardinal team some support. Boys we are just two games in, so don't hang your heads. Keep your eyes on the prize and lets show sports overtime who should really be in the mountain top ten.

The Contrarian Wrote:I am assuredly not a pundit so I will not state my ("but") on this forum, for I am sure I would be called a disgruntled fan, accused of bashing someone or something.

Landser, Amer. Wrote:I think the posts are, mostly, referring to where SC is now, not where they will be at the end of the nineth game. (the last district game)

I thas been pointed out in this forum that SC was completely and totally out of their class @MLC, and played Breathitt a great game for three quarters, and then made some costly errors in Q4. But one can't get much closer than 26 25.

As the games are played going forward we will see what transpires. I don't believe that the true SC fans have given up.

No, the true SC fans have not given up! We're looking for them to get better week by week, and come play off time, they will be ready. It is glaringly obvious that they need to improve and make some adjustments. And this can be done!

Let's get out and root for the Cards Friday night.
Go Cards! You've got what it takes to win.
My biggest worry about SC is the fourth quarter and ability to handle stress. They are full of strength and speed. However last year I watched them lose in the fourth quarter to a very good Pburg team. I have seen them come in to a Belfry game so frustrated that they inplode. The Breathitt game is just amazing to me. They couldn't have tried any harder to lose in the fourth quarter. I hope Hager can settle in and pull out a good season. He won't get many athletes and chances like he has this year.
Matman Wrote:My biggest worry about SC is the fourth quarter and ability to handle stress. They are full of strength and speed. However last year I watched them lose in the fourth quarter to a very good Pburg team. I have seen them come in to a Belfry game so frustrated that they inplode. The Breathitt game is just amazing to me. They couldn't have tried any harder to lose in the fourth quarter. I hope Hager can settle in and pull out a good season. He won't get many athletes and chances like he has this year.

Amen! There was confusion on the sidelines the fourth quarter of the Breathitt game, which did not help the cause.

In regard to athletes and chances, I believe that the Seniors on this team won the middle school championship.
And the next year, the middle school fielded a very good team, and they are now Juniors at SC. Thus the talented athletes are there; if SC is going to excel, this is the year! Maybe the best opportunity for the next few years.
The Contrarian Wrote:Amen! There was confusion on the sidelines the fourth quarter of the Breathitt game, which did not help the cause.

In regard to athletes and chances, I believe that the Seniors on this team won the middle school championship.
And the next year, the middle school fielded a very good team, and they are now Juniors at SC. Thus the talented athletes are there; if SC is going to excel, this is the year! Maybe the best opportunity for the next few years.
Your are correct this group of Seniors won the Middle school championship
The Contrarian Wrote:Amen! There was confusion on the sidelines the fourth quarter of the Breathitt game, which did not help the cause.

I just reviewed a post that I made on 9/3, and unfortunately I am much less optimistic now than I was then. I still think SC has some excellent athletes, so what's missing? Hmm, let's see, "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result." Einstein defined that as insanity.

SC is now 1 - 3, so what's some predictions for the regular season. I am giving it some heavy thought and will post my prediction very soon.

Please, don't get me wrong, I am for SC, but I am also realistic.
The Contrarian Wrote:I just reviewed a post that I made on 9/3, and unfortunately I am much less optimistic now than I was then. I still think SC has some excellent athletes, so what's missing? Hmm, let's see, "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result." Einstein defined that as insanity.

SC is now 1 - 3, so what's some predictions for the regular season. I am giving it some heavy thought and will post my prediction very soon.

Who would have thought that SC would be 1 - 3 at this juncture in 2010? If there isn't some monumental changes made, SC is in for a rough time going forward. Let's hope they can break out against Lawrence County this Friday night, and put some big numbers on the scoreboard. We will see come Friday.
The Contrarian Wrote:I just reviewed a post that I made on 9/3, and unfortunately I am much less optimistic now than I was then. I still think SC has some excellent athletes, so what's missing? Hmm, let's see, "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result." Einstein defined that as insanity.

Well, here we go, for whatever it's worth, worst case scenario: 3W 7L. Best case scenario: 6W 4L. Obviously SC will have to improve dramatically so as to achieve the best case scenario. Just my opinion, and I hope I am wrong on the worst case. And for that matter, I would like to be wrong on the best case scenario, 7W 3L, for that would put them in a home position for the pay offs. Time will tell!
The Contrarian Wrote:Well, here we go, for whatever it's worth, worst case scenario: 3W 7L. Best case scenario: 6W 4L. Obviously SC will have to improve dramatically so as to achieve the best case scenario. Just my opinion, and I hope I am wrong on the worst case. And for that matter, I would like to be wrong on the best case scenario, 7W 3L, for that would put them in a home position for the pay offs. Time will tell!

Obviously I would like to see them exceed your best case scenario and end the season as the home team in the playoffs. But let's see what happens this Friday night. I have a vested interest in SC, for I have a grandson on the team and I would like to see him and his teammates do well. Of course, I am prejudice and think that they have not come close to playing up to their potential.

I have seen posted on this venue comments that SC has not performed up to many fans expectations, and they are not nearly as good as what was expected. I think, just maybe, the pre season hype has negatively affected them to a degree, but, surely after the loss to Breathitt and Johnson Central, (MLC doesn't count) if that were the case, it definitely should be completely erased by now. For they now know that it takes much more than just showing up. They have to play each and every down as if it is the last. In other words, go all out on each and every play. Moreover, maybe some of the guys are thinking too much, instead of letting their athletic ability run on auto pilot. SC has some hard working, strong, and quick athletes, IMHO. I feel things are looking up. We'll see Friday night. Hope to see you there.
paulcssi Wrote:Obviously I would like to see them exceed your best case scenario and end the season as the home team in the playoffs. But let's see what happens this Friday night. I have a vested interest in SC, for I have a grandson on the team and I would like to see him and his teammates do well. Of course, I am prejudice and think that they have not come close to playing up to their potential.

I have seen posted on this venue comments that SC has not performed up to many fans expectations, and they are not nearly as good as what was expected. I think, just maybe, the pre season hype has negatively affected them to a degree, but, surely after the loss to Breathitt and Johnson Central, (MLC doesn't count) if that were the case, it definitely should be completely erased by now. For they now know that it takes much more than just showing up. They have to play each and every down as if it is the last. In other words, go all out on each and every play. Moreover, maybe some of the guys are thinking too much, instead of letting their athletic ability run on auto pilot. SC has some hard working, strong, and quick athletes, IMHO. I feel things are looking up. We'll see Friday night. Hope to see you there.

I agree with you for the most part but the MLC game does count. thats a loss they cant get back.. every game counts, some just not as much as others..
monster_energy Wrote:I agree with you for the most part but the MLC game does count. thats a loss they cant get back.. every game counts, some just not as much as others..

You are correct, it is a loss and thus it shows on the records
as a loss. But maybe the contrarian was looking to what really counts, the playoffs.
I don't know whether you saw the game or not, but SC did not have a chance. They were out manned from the git go.

In less than five minutes I knew how this thing was going to end. If SC would advance to the finals of 3A this year, the team they would meet would not be the caliber of Collins. Some would say, at this juncture, they are 6A quality.

I think it shouldn't count in the minds of the players, negatively. However, it should be a learning experience, in that they have played against one of the better high school teams in KY. And they will not face another team this year with that much talent.

SC did not, however, play their best game against Collins, but just maybe Collins had something to do with it. They had size, speed, depth, and excellent coaching.

I agree a loss is a loss, but the way KY football is structured, anything can and will happen in the playoffs--
Paducah Tilghman last year is a classic example. So let's hope SC catches fire going forward and gets some big wins, starting Friday night.
  •  Previous
  • 10(current)