•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher Co. Central 2010
I am also sure everyone will know how old he is and when his birthday is. of course to just make sure he can play his SR year.
Is this the kid that played for Whitley last year. Pretty good athlete if it is.
Be careful! Stardust has a itchy finger. Cougars defense will be solid.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Whitley Middle???
Xerxes Wrote:Whitley Middle???

He is from whitley middle school an 8th grader, has really got a lot of recognition across the state from the UK middle school passing camp for the past couple years.
Xerxes Wrote:So what does LCC think of their new coach? Not much comment have I heard about what will be different or the same. Who will run the defense?

The play calling was more than questionable at times this year and to be honest I think that Coach Whitaker is very over rated especially by folks here in Letcher County.
And Delano Thomas will be back to coach the defense
If the parent informs the school before the promotion happens then it is perfectly legal as long as there is no board policy against it.
If the school promotes, then it doesnt matter what the parents say!
Once again, a parent cannot hold their child back in the 8th. grade. There is a KHSAA rule against it. The school has to retain the child, not the parent. Once a child is promoted from the 8th. grade, they cannot repeat the 8th. grade. There are some school systems that allow this practice to go on, but you will not see these schools in the top academics or state test scores.
Before a child is promoted to the ninth grade a parent can file the necessary paperwork requesting their child be held back. The decision is left up to the school officials who determine if the child is held back or not. A parent can make a request but the school makes the decision. I think this has been going on statewide for a very long time. The first schools that I heard with kids staying back is schools noted for their academics.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:The play calling was more than questionable at times this year and to be honest I think that Coach Whitaker is very over rated especially by folks here in Letcher County.

you picked Hazard over LCC by 6 points early in the season, it sounds like you are no fan of Whitaker. Somebody made some good calls, who would have thought after losing Banks that LCC would win the district and play in the regional finales. This team over achieved this year no matter what anybody thinks.
Letcher was picked second or third in the district to begin the season and ended in a three-way tie, so the season went pretty much as expected.
palmer Wrote:Letcher was picked second or third in the district to begin the season and ended in a three-way tie, so the season went pretty much as expected.
If you are picked 2nd or 3rd in the district then finish at 1st, I would consider this over-acheiving. Hmmm-I do! Thanks for backing up my post. No one picked LCC to beat Whitley at Whitley. Whitley was the favorite team from day 1.
It was a three-way tie. Letcher won the tie-breaker.

It was a very balanced district, just like most people expected.
I think the district and the 3 way tie teams under achieved, that is why there was a tie. Balance in the district yes. All under achieved.
How did LCC under achieve when they only brought back two starting offensive linemen and lost their starting quarterback. Line started two sophmores and three juniors. QB was a sophmore. This is just on offense. I do not consider it that they underachieved when they won the district and played in the region finals. Now, next year they really have to step up to live up to expectations.
Young yes. Under achieved by , you should have won that district out right. Whitley really under achieved and Harlan was up and down, no consistancy. LCC young or not should have won and so IMO they under achieved.
Arent most of the LCCs Soph and Juniors redshirts, sorry, I mean holdbacks? Which would mean if they werent held back would be Juniors and Seniors.
NO
Kentuckycoalminer,

There you go beating that dead horse. Excuses, excuses, I guess if you look hard enough you will find one. You must be from one of the schools that LCC beat with their REDSHIRTS this year. Holdbacks are great, I wish we had a dozen more of them.
I have watched the JV play and they have been outstanding. They only lost their 1st game. So LCC varsity team is really going to be good this year. I have seen Drew Bentley, Ryan Hall and Logan play in grade school. Drew Bentley got to run the ball a few times at the end of the season and he can really move it. If Bentley is allowed to play any this year and run the ball Whitaker will realize what kind of talent he has and what he can bring to the team. Hall and Bentley will be a force to reckon with. What do you think?
There seems to be a lot of coaches on the team that have sons that play on the team.
How do you think LCC will fall into the District ranking for 2010!
Who do you think will be the best running back for LCC in 2010
Not beating a dead horse and not complaining that they have holdbacks. I am just saying that everybody is saying how young they are, but they actually arent that young because of holdbacks.
Will LCC ever get a full time weight lifting coach
If Hillard leaves and Whitaker assumes the Head Coaching position--then who will takeover the Offensive Coordinator
Who do you think will be the best receiver for Logan to throw to in a close game for 2010. Hope to see a better gel in the offensive scheme in 2010 and not a tuck and run and a better hitting iand tackling in the defense.
Xerxes, Harlan County was up and down? Not Consistent? The Bears lost to Whitley during the regular season in the first district game of the year. They followed that by beating all of the other District teams. After losing to Whitley, the Black Bears went on a Class 5A District winning streak first beating LetcherCC, then North Laurel, then Perry Central, then Clay County, and then avenged a first game of the season loss to Pulaski Southwestern by winning in the playoffs at SouthWestern(20-7). The Black Bears beat LCC in the Playoffs in every aspect of the game except on the score board(14-13) at Letcher County to end their first season in 5A by fumbling the ball away several times. One less fumble and the Bears win that game. Two less fumbles and the Bears win it big. The Bears lost one district game in the regular season and that was to Whitley(preseason district favorite) and didn't get a home playoff game. Underachieved....I think Whitley fell apart, but the Bears were consistent and their record shows that. I might add, LCC only lost three games. Underachieved? Niether LCC or the Black Bears underachieved. The Black Bears, before the season started were predicted to get a spanking every Friday Night as their welcome to 5A. The Bears are building each year and will be respected sooner rather than later. GO BLACK BEARS!!!!!
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next