Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Wall Overrated?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Notice what i said. I said Saying someone overrated after 2 games is pointless. i never even mentioned the team being overrated. i said some teams was put to the test....
Ahhh...gotcha. My mistake..my bad.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Ahhh...gotcha. My mistake..my bad.

Its fine man. Alls Good.
theVILLE Wrote:Yes Siva is showing he was overrated also..alot of the freshamn this season is showing this

Not "overrated", just they are Freshman... it takes time for these kids to adjust to the speed of the game. It is clear watching Siva that he will be a special player... same with Bledsoe. Wall has done exactl what the #1 ranked player should.. he has been solid but is still improving.
sure a louisville fan would say that
Pfft...

John Wall just won the heart of the entire Big Blue Nation after the Miami, OH game.

He's not overrated...he is just as advertised.
lol wow, the OP must not know anything about basketball.. John Wall was the number one player coming out of high school, and he is projected to be the number one pick next year in the draft, and after he has only played one game (which he hit the game winning shot), saying he is overrated? Wow.. What do the UK fans expect? Wall to put up 40 ppg and shoot 100% from the field? He didn't have a great game, but came through when it counted.. Let him play a few games before you start saying he is overrated.
runninrebs21 Wrote:lol wow, the OP must not know anything about basketball.. John Wall was the number one player coming out of high school, and he is projected to be the number one pick next year in the draft, and after he has only played one game (which he hit the game winning shot), saying he is overrated? Wow.. What do the UK fans expect? Wall to put up 40 ppg and shoot 100% from the field? He didn't have a great game, but came through when it counted.. Let him play a few games before you start saying he is overrated.

UK fans aren't saying he is overrated (notice who started the thread).
runninrebs21 Wrote:lol wow, the OP must not know anything about basketball.. John Wall was the number one player coming out of high school, and he is projected to be the number one pick next year in the draft, and after he has only played one game (which he hit the game winning shot), saying he is overrated? Wow.. What do the UK fans expect? Wall to put up 40 ppg and shoot 100% from the field? He didn't have a great game, but came through when it counted.. Let him play a few games before you start saying he is overrated.

A UofL fan started the thread!
ohh ok lol my bad.. well either way, he obviously doesn't have a clue about basketball
The#23 Wrote:No doubt they are over rated for this early in the season having all freshmen basically. Maybe towards the end of the season when they have gotten used to playing with one another and playing under Coach Cal's system they will be a real top 5 team in the nation

Come on guys...we are ranked this high because of our talent. You say we dont deserve the rank but no one else has proved anything either...thats the point of pre-season rankings. We deserve our rank just as much as any other team in the top 5. When you look at which teams have the best talent in the country you cant leave UK out...geez.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Not "overrated", just they are Freshman... it takes time for these kids to adjust to the speed of the game. It is clear watching Siva that he will be a special player... same with Bledsoe. Wall has done exactl what the #1 ranked player should.. he has been solid but is still improving.

I am not agreeing with diehardcardfan completly...I never said that Wall was overrated, i just said that he has not showed me much yet...He will be a special player and is right now...Yes Siva is a great player just as you said freshman..next season he will be amazing same for Bledsoe
theVILLE Wrote:DID I not just say that SIVA was overrated as of no too???We have Edgar Sosa who is playing great right now

Oh so Edgar Sosa is the greatest player in the nation? My bad, messed up. :igiveup:
He is only overrated if he is not on your team.
Wall and Bledsoe are both playing really great right now for freshmen. I honestly can't say either of them is better after only 3 games. They both need improvement. However, Wall isnt really overrated. They attempted to say he was better then Rose before he even hit the court. That is a lot to live up to and he has not done that yet.
this is crazy
stupid thread based on nothing...too early anyway
give wall three more years,,he will be taking the ball away from that lebron guy:rockon:
outdoorsman43 Wrote:John Wall had 19 points (including the game winner) in his first game and Eric Bledsoe only had 2 points and 4 turnovers in this same game. So I'll echo alfus on this one, what are basing this on?

Also, I agree with Stardust. This thread is a joke.

I"ll 2nd that, I went to the Miami game and was disappointed in Bledsoe, who also got into early foul trouble
Protect_This_House26 Wrote:Oh so Edgar Sosa is the greatest player in the nation? My bad, messed up. :igiveup:

Well he did share freshamn of year with arguably the best PG last year Johnny Flynn!! So he isnt bad..no i didnt say he was the greatest player..
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:I"ll 2nd that, I went to the Miami game and was disappointed in Bledsoe, who also got into early foul trouble

THis is just like the news..they dont tell you the number of turnovers wall had..which was more than bledsoe
theVILLE Wrote:THis is just like the news..they dont tell you the number of turnovers wall had..which was more than bledsoe

Umm, shouldn't the Point Guard have more turnovers than any other player on the court? It doesn't take a Rocket Scientist to know that the Point Guard has the ball in his hands 75% of the time, so it shouldn't take a Rocket Scientist to know who will have more turnovers. Bledsoe is the TWO, not the ONE! Bledsoe did not have the ball as much as Wall in either the SHSU or the Rider game. In the Miami game, Miami was able to control the TEMPO of the game, thus slowing the game down, which lessons the number of turnovers committed. C'mon Ville, you are such an intelligent Basketball mind, you should have been able to figure this out all by yourself!
I know that but still that is to many to's..thats all i was saying, SD you should know that they are commiting to many to's and wall is leading them
Stardust Wrote:Umm, shouldn't the Point Guard have more turnovers than any other player on the court? It doesn't take a Rocket Scientist to know that the Point Guard has the ball in his hands 75% of the time, so it shouldn't take a Rocket Scientist to know who will have more turnovers. Bledsoe is the TWO, not the ONE! Bledsoe did not have the ball as much as Wall in either the SHSU or the Rider game. In the Miami game, Miami was able to control the TEMPO of the game, thus slowing the game down, which lessons the number of turnovers committed. C'mon Ville, you are such an intelligent Basketball mind, you should have been able to figure this out all by yourself!

I got an interesting fact here Bledose avg. 5.5 TO's and Wall avg. is 4.3..but for them to be considered POY and FOY and Top recruit shouldnt they be doing better...I mean little ole Edgar Sosa from louisville Avg. 1.0 TO's PG..
UK AVG.19 TO's..L'ville AVG. 9..Big difference..UK's PG avg. UK's PG's avg more TO's than louisvilles whole team..The minutes are roughly the same for the PG's too:yikes:
I think that Mr. Wall is currently proving that he is not overrated!
Avg: 20.3ppg, 7.3apg, 4rpg, 56FG%, 2.7spg
It feels like a revival, minus the tambourines. But the institution of Kentucky basketball isn't some storefront church; it's a cathedral. So when the Wildcat faithful dubbed 6'4", 195-pound freshman guard John Wall a program savior, we did like any good skeptics would and looked for signs. Seek and ye shall find: Wall has the blurry quicks of Derrick Rose, the fierce slashing of Dwyane Wade and the hops of, well ... just search "Jerry Stackhouse and John Wall" on YouTube and see for thine own self. The country's top-ranked prep point guard, Wall -- from Word of God Academy (N.C.) -- averaged 22.1 points, 5.5 assists, 5.2 rebounds and 2.0 steals per game as a senior. And despite an eligibility scare this fall, he has the denizens of Lexington believing that only divine intervention (or the NBA's age minimum) can hold him back. Forgive them, then, if they get a hair blasphemous with the nicknames he says they've given him: "The Messiah's Son" and "God" make "The Great Wall of Kentucky" seem quaint. Here at The Mag, we like the sound of "NEXT" ... which is hardly a new hymn for Wall. We chatted with him about some of his biggest firsts.
Can we just close/delete/forget this thread already? :biggrin:
wall is not even close to being overrated. he has lived up to his hype so far and anyone expected any more at this point has to be mentally ill. about the TO's uh we're running the DDM offense which is constant ball movement and we push the ball EVERY time we get it thats how cal wants its. our TO's will be like that right now and will get better every game. new players, new system equals TO's....
Wildcatk23 Wrote:It feels like a revival, minus the tambourines. But the institution of Kentucky basketball isn't some storefront church; it's a cathedral. So when the Wildcat faithful dubbed 6'4", 195-pound freshman guard John Wall a program savior, we did like any good skeptics would and looked for signs. Seek and ye shall find: Wall has the blurry quicks of Derrick Rose, the fierce slashing of Dwyane Wade and the hops of, well ... just search "Jerry Stackhouse and John Wall" on YouTube and see for thine own self. The country's top-ranked prep point guard, Wall -- from Word of God Academy (N.C.) -- averaged 22.1 points, 5.5 assists, 5.2 rebounds and 2.0 steals per game as a senior. And despite an eligibility scare this fall, he has the denizens of Lexington believing that only divine intervention (or the NBA's age minimum) can hold him back. Forgive them, then, if they get a hair blasphemous with the nicknames he says they've given him: "The Messiah's Son" and "God" make "The Great Wall of Kentucky" seem quaint. Here at The Mag, we like the sound of "NEXT" ... which is hardly a new hymn for Wall. We chatted with him about some of his biggest firsts.

Did you write that? It is really good! I like the name Great Wall of Kentucky, :biggrin:
lwc Wrote:Did you write that? It is really good! I like the name Great Wall of Kentucky, :biggrin:

He got that from ESPN.

ESPN's Next Magazine listed John Wall as the #3 next big thing.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Can we just close/delete/forget this thread already? :biggrin:

My thoughts exactly. I think Wall has proven this thread wrong more than once.