Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: John Wall Overrated?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I think bledsoe is 10 times better than wall.. anyone else
I think Wall and bledsoe are two totally different players, also I think Wall is going to be a more consistent scorer and play maker this year. Bledsoe had a brilliant game against MSU and looked lost alot in the Miami (OH) game. He was driving to far into the lane and then made stuppied passes to try and bail him self out. I do think however, he may be the best TRUE point guard that we have had in some time. I dont really view Wall as a point guard he fits the system well and if he could improve his outside shooting could fit perfectly into the 2 guard position...Right now SF Dodson is the purest shooter on the team and IMO is playing like the best player for Kentucky IMO...But to answer your question no I dont think Wall is overrated however, he has alot of growing up to do going from high school to college and he did alot of that in the Miami game
With just two regular season games it is hard to tell.
diehardcardfan Wrote:I think bledsoe is 10 times better than wall.. anyone else

Based upon what?
wall is the man but look for bledsoe to become the dominate man next year after wall leaves for the play for pay and bledsoe will have alot of experience
I would say no.. He just has a lot of expectations and it will be hard to live up to that in more than likely one year of college ball. I'm sure one of the other freshmen will become a better player at UK just for the simple fact that they'll be there longer. He's right up there with the best freshmen in the nation though.

For what its worth, last night was the first time I'd seen Xavier Henry play. That guy looks huge to only be a freshman.
LOL - we have made comparisons on two blue-chip basketball players and after two total games, one for Wall, we are going to compare and throw out "Overrated". Good lord, people just don't have a clue.

Start this Thread in January, not after two games. WHAT A JOKE!
I think Wall will be the real deal..however I think this UK team is ranked WAAAYYYY to high at this point in the season..at the end of the season it hopefully will be justified, but right now, a team full of freshmen at #5 is just to high for me anyways..
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:I think Wall and bledsoe are two totally different players, also I think Wall is going to be a more consistent scorer and play maker this year. Bledsoe had a brilliant game against MSU and looked lost alot in the Miami (OH) game. He was driving to far into the lane and then made stuppied passes to try and bail him self out. I do think however, he may be the best TRUE point guard that we have had in some time. I dont really view Wall as a point guard he fits the system well and if he could improve his outside shooting could fit perfectly into the 2 guard position...Right now SF Dodson is the purest shooter on the team and IMO is playing like the best player for Kentucky IMO...But to answer your question no I dont think Wall is overrated however, he has alot of growing up to do going from high school to college and he did alot of that in the Miami game

:Thumbs: Totally agree with you he is not afraid to shoot the ball and when he does its pretty likely that it's going to go in. IMO he deserves to be getting way more playing time then he is especially over Miller who hasn't shown me much at all
TidesHoss32 Wrote:I think Wall will be the real deal..however I think this UK team is ranked WAAAYYYY to high at this point in the season..at the end of the season it hopefully will be justified, but right now, a team full of freshmen at #5 is just to high for me anyways..

No doubt they are over rated for this early in the season having all freshmen basically. Maybe towards the end of the season when they have gotten used to playing with one another and playing under Coach Cal's system they will be a real top 5 team in the nation

I nposted your new avatars in the uk morehead thread.
all im saying is wall is not a over-rated player how could you say that. This was his actual first game of the season and i liked what i saw about him. He finished the game with 19 points-2 rebounds-5 assists. I mean lets look at how he just ran the court with 5 seconds left in the game to make a mid range jump shot to win the game you dont see that from freshman he steped up like he has played in college for 2 or 3 years.
A lot of highly ranked teams was put to the test this week. saying someone is overrated 2 games in the season is a little crazy is a little much dont u think?
I think it is a little early to say such a thing...No he hasnt lived up to his expectations.. However i think bledsoe is playing better now...
The only thing John Wall lacks right now is experience. The first 10 games of our season is just a learning curve for our freshman and whether we lose a few or win them all, the players will most certainly benefit from seeing some of the mid-major teams and some of the top teams in the land. As of right now you could make an argument for Wall being overrated because he hasn't proved to us much yet besides the fact that he can knock down the buzzer beaters. He still needs to grasp hold of this team and continue to make good decisions for himself and teammates.
theVILLE Wrote:I think it is a little early to say such a thing...No he hasnt lived up to his expectations.. However i think bledsoe is playing better now...

The game winning shot he made will boost confidence in this team. Bledsoe is a great player not far from wall but u dont find many people with as much talent as wall.
theVILLE Wrote:I think it is a little early to say such a thing...No he hasnt lived up to his expectations.. However i think bledsoe is playing better now...

What expectations did you have? That he would average a triple double a game and score 30 points?!?!?!?!

He has played one exhibition game (28 min, 10-14, 27 pts, 4 rebs, 9 asst, 1 blk, 1 stl) and one regular season game (38 min, 4-9, 19 pts, 2 reb, 5 asst, 3 steals)

He is averaging 33 minutes, shooting over 60% from the field, averaging 23 points, 3 reb, 7 asst, and 2 steals per game...let alone hitting the game winning shot.

If Wall is not living up to your inflated expectations then you have no room to ever call Uk fans out for having too high of hopes. There isn't a team ina country who wouldnt want that stat line!
FWIW,"The Great" Peyton Siva's stats:
Bellarmine:
15 min, 4-8, 9 pts, 1 reb, 1 asst, 1 stl, 1 blk

Georgetown:
17 min, 1-5, 6 pts, 1 reb, 8 asst, 6 stl

Arkansas:
12 min, 1-4, 3 pts, 0 reb, 1 asst, 2 stl

Overall Average:
15 min, 35% from the field, 6 pts per game, 1 rebound, 3 assists, 3 steals....
EKUAlum05 Wrote:FWIW,"The Great" Peyton Siva's stats:
Bellarmine:

Georgetown:

Arkansas:

Overall Average:

You sure this isnt michael porter?
I think we need to just give him a chance to grow into his college game and out of his high school one, because they are two different types of games!
EKUAlum05 Wrote:FWIW,"The Great" Peyton Siva's stats:
Bellarmine:

Georgetown:

Arkansas:

Overall Average:

Yes Siva is showing he was overrated also..alot of the freshamn this season is showing this

Oh yeah, and Peyton Siva is the best player in the nation. :flush:
Protect_This_House26 Wrote:Oh yeah, and Peyton Siva is the best player in the nation. :flush:

DID I not just say that SIVA was overrated as of no too???We have Edgar Sosa who is playing great right now
Well its like this...

-Wall will be the #1 pick in 2010 nba draft, Patterson will be top 10 and Cousins will be top 15 in the draft.

-Bledsoe will be a top 5 pick in the 2011 draft

-Orton Will be a top 15 1st round pick in 2012.

-Dodson has the potential to be in the league as well after his stint at UK.

So the way I see it I could care less who is better than who because in the end their all gonna be very wealthy and hopefully we can hang a few more championship banners.

John Wall had 19 points (including the game winner) in his first game and Eric Bledsoe only had 2 points and 4 turnovers in this same game. So I'll echo alfus on this one, what are basing this on?

Also, I agree with Stardust. This thread is a joke.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:A lot of highly ranked teams was put to the test this week. saying someone is overrated 2 games in the season is a little crazy is a little much dont u think?
4 straight seasons of 12+ losses. Coming off of an NIT bid. A team full of freshmen. They havent done anything lately to to deserve a top 5 ranking. I love them, but they ARE RANKED TOO HIGH. Put them at 10 and take the pressure off of them. Must you argue everything I post?
The#23 Wrote:No doubt they are over rated for this early in the season having all freshmen basically. Maybe towards the end of the season when they have gotten used to playing with one another and playing under Coach Cal's system they will be a real top 5 team in the nation
I agree 100%:Thumbs:
TidesHoss32 Wrote:4 straight seasons of 12+ losses. Coming off of an NIT bid. A team full of freshmen. They havent done anything lately to to deserve a top 5 ranking. I love them, but they ARE RANKED TOO HIGH. Put them at 10 and take the pressure off of them. Must you argue everything I post?

I am oh so curious to how u linked my post to yours.... Lol, what are u talking about? I didnt direct my post to anyone except the person who started the thread..Dont give yourself that much credit....The only person i track down and argue with is stardust... and its to early to say anyone is overrated or underrated,
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I am oh so curious to how u linked my post to yours.... Lol, what are u talking about? I didnt direct my post to anyone except the person who started the thread..Dont give yourself that much credit....The only person i track down and argue with is stardust... and its to early to say anyone is overrated or underrated,
scroll up from your masterpiece post and the only people that mentioned anything about this team being overrated is me and the guy that posted under me..I dont have to give myself credit Wildcat, its pretty self explanatory.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:scroll up from your masterpiece post and the only people that mentioned anything about this team being overrated is me and the guy that posted under me..I dont have to give myself credit Wildcat, its pretty self explanatory.

Notice what i said. I said Saying someone overrated after 2 games is pointless. i never even mentioned the team being overrated. i said some teams was put to the test....
Pages: 1 2 3