Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County 19 - Knox Central 0
Knox had around 50 yards on the first drive and 58 more the rest of the game. Lc rushed for around 298. James over 150 and Pack around 120. That's 7 shutouts the last 8 games for LC's starters.
Knox has a heck of a program. Great way for our Sr's to play their last game at home after what they have been through.
Still waiting to here some wisdom from William Muney!
Ask and you shall recieve.

First off congrats to the LC program. Great win and great atmosphere. I am ashamed at the way the KC players acted at the begining of the game and some of the stuff after.

LC just plain whipped us up front. I think we had a great defensive gameplan we just tackled like crap.

Our offensive gameplan left a lot to be desired. I have said for years the downfall of Coach Mills was Scotty Russell calling the offense.

One thing I was sorely disappointed it was the chant the LC players did after the game. I would expect something from our kids like that but it is not CLASSY at all. But in the big spectrum of things I think both teams acted horrible.

And last DANG Louisa is a long way off. I drove to California once and I swear Louisa is farther than Oakland.

Good luck next week b/c you all will need. I was impressed with the play of the Bulldogs but Bell.........................................well they are just a different animal.

I am off to eat my crow now.
Nice post...I know it's hard to be a gracious loser. I'm not sure what you are talking about LC boys after the game. I was on the field when your coach (the face of your school and football program had to be restrained by the police after the game.). IMO which doesn't mean much, if your coaches didn't want to see LC celebrate then they should have taken their kids to the locker room after the game instead of having a team meeting on the 35 yard line.
Dawg days! Wrote:Nice post...I know it's hard to be a gracious loser. I'm not sure what you are talking about LC boys after the game. I was on the field when your coach (the face of your school and football program had to be restrained by the police after the game.). IMO which doesn't mean much, if your coaches didn't want to see LC celebrate then they should have taken their kids to the locker room after the game instead of having a team meeting on the 35 yard line.

That wasn't their coach. I can assure you lc has as much respect for coach Mills as any coach we've faced. He is aclass act and great coach. That was their Principal the police had to get after.
I think I would rather see a coach act like that.
KC is a very good team but the LC defense was just to much. As for the trash talking, it is extremely frustrating for players, coaches and fans to come to a screeching halt on that emotional roller coaster. It won't be long before the folks at KC are talking about next season. As for LC we move on to the 13th team to say we're "slow", "weak schedule", "no defense", "no passing game" etc.1 game, 1 play, 1 inch, 4 quarters. Let's all get a tighter grip on the rope. Feel the burn. WE BELIEVE!!!!!
bulldog42 Wrote:That wasn't their coach. I can assure you lc has as much respect for coach Mills as any coach we've faced. He is aclass act and great coach. That was their Principal the police had to get after.

WOW!!!! That makes it even worse IMO.
Dawg days! Wrote:WOW!!!! That makes it even worse IMO.

That is not a surprise. He is an idiot. :Thumbs:
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:That is not a surprise. He is an idiot. :Thumbs:

Don't let friends drive drunk...and don't let idiots attend your football games.
Class less leader of schools. Why didnt they load up and go home instead of watching celebration. Another shutout for Dogs, they played great, No Where Know after first time they had the ball. D Line without a starter and Fannin stepped up.
A win is a win and I'm proud of the Dawgs. BUT, our offensive performance left alot to be desired last night. We would pick-up big yardage on the edges and then run it up the gut 3 straight times for two yards a clip.

Then we go back to the outside and it's big yards again. Just seems teams are stacking the box and we could spread defenses out more instead of running right up the gut. This won't work next week.

Larry West got zero carries unless I missed one. Don't understand what's going on there either.

Great defensive effort, very proud of the defense keep it up!

Just what I saw.
It is no surprise that LC thought Knox was redneck, they are. But from what I heard that it was redneck meets redneck last night. LC was just as bad as Knox.
Paul Crewe Wrote:It is no surprise that LC thought Knox was redneck, they are. But from what I heard that it was redneck meets redneck last night. LC was just as bad as Knox.

If you weren't there I wouldn't comment...

Hey dawg fans...what did you guys thin about Dougie the ROAD WARRIOR?
I thought it was great.
Hunter James 16 rushes for 144 yards and 2 TD's.
Shane Pack 24 rushes for 117 yards and 1 TD
Caleb Bentley 4 rushes for 14 yards
Hayden Kiser 2-3 for 14 yards
WildDawg Wrote:I thought it was great.

He is on the front page of the ashland independent this morning!!!
Paul Crewe Wrote:It is no surprise that LC thought Knox was redneck, they are. But from what I heard that it was redneck meets redneck last night. LC was just as bad as Knox.

Dont get no Redder than Bells Bunch.
Congrats LC
William Muney Wrote:Ask and you shall recieve.

First off congrats to the LC program. Great win and great atmosphere. I am ashamed at the way the KC players acted at the begining of the game and some of the stuff after.

LC just plain whipped us up front. I think we had a great defensive gameplan we just tackled like crap.

Our offensive gameplan left a lot to be desired. I have said for years the downfall of Coach Mills was Scotty Russell calling the offense.

One thing I was sorely disappointed it was the chant the LC players did after the game. I would expect something from our kids like that but it is not CLASSY at all. But in the big spectrum of things I think both teams acted horrible.

And last DANG Louisa is a long way off. I drove to California once and I swear Louisa is farther than Oakland.

Good luck next week b/c you all will need. I was impressed with the play of the Bulldogs but Bell.........................................well they are just a different animal.

I am off to eat my crow now.
It was a great win for Lawrence. Hats off to you and your kids. I guess this wasnt are year but I look forward to next year. Congrats to you Lawrence. William Muney I think you are wrong for saying that about Coach Russell all of our coaches a great at what they do.When does spring ball start?
LCHS Fan Wrote:A win is a win and I'm proud of the Dawgs. BUT, our offensive performance left alot to be desired last night. We would pick-up big yardage on the edges and then run it up the gut 3 straight times for two yards a clip.

Then we go back to the outside and it's big yards again. Just seems teams are stacking the box and we could spread defenses out more instead of running right up the gut. This won't work next week.

Larry West got zero carries unless I missed one. Don't understand what's going on there either.

Just what I saw.
It's called setting up the next play. Because if we just run to the outside then guess what they load it up. This way they have to make a choice and when they do power here we go . Larry is doing his part there's a lot more things goes on then just running the ball he's doing a great job of blocking faking and tackling and the bigest thing is being a team player. But I am sure that if the others arent getting the job done running the ball Larry will be called on to do even more. Agian larry is doing a good job along with everyone else
LCHS Fan Wrote:A win is a win and I'm proud of the Dawgs. BUT, our offensive performance left alot to be desired last night. We would pick-up big yardage on the edges and then run it up the gut 3 straight times for two yards a clip.

Just what I saw.

Well then you dont understand the offense.. Because without them honoring the fullback and what he does game in and game out then we wouldnt have an outside running game at all.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
I'll say this my hat goes off to the dawgs for keeping there cool because everyone knows these kids don't back down from anyone but they was the bigger person last night they knew what was at stake and they knew what was going on with the KC bunch. They just wanted to make sure they can play next week because they know the hole team will be needed for Bell Co. So they did the right thing and kept thier cool. Great job Guy. I am very PROUD of you for that it showed a lot of Class:Thumbs:
Batpuff Wrote:Well then you dont understand the offense.. Because without them honoring the fullback and what he does game in and game out then we wouldnt have an outside running game at all.
Don't get me wrong here I'm happy with the win.

Just explain to me why with the speed LC has and teams absolutely loading up the box to stop Pack we don't run outside with our speed to open up the middle? That's all I'm asking. That's how we moved the ball last night. Then we would go 2-3 possessions straight up the gut into a loaded up defense and be forced to punt. That's the part I don't understand.
Kinda expected this one, not much you can do against an undefeated LC team!!
LCHS Fan, my understanding which could be wrong is that it was part of the game plan. Ball control offense to keep knox off the field run the clock and to be able to still not showing anything new. I really don't think the coaching staff wants to show any wrinkles until they have to. The next game is going to need everything we have and if LC gets past Bell then they are going to need all that and probably some more. I could see your worries if LC was barely winning or had even lost a game, however, they are 12-0 and so far haven't really had any problems. I'm sure this week is going to be a different monster and we will need those other options.
CatDawg Wrote:LC totally dominated this game. KC has a nice defense that held the run down a bit but LC was told they would have to pass and they threw less in this game that what they normally do. They appeared to have a ball control game plan and that is what they did. LC puts Pack and James over 100 yards once again. James 16 carries 142 yards and Pac 25 carries for 123 yards on the night.

I disagree, I am just an impartial viewer but this is a LC fan statement and not very accurate, sorry! With the exception of two series in the 2nd quarter where LC looked like they were going to completely take over this game it was a very close game which no one dominated. KC controlled the ball 3/4 of the 1st quarter. Don't get me wrong LC played very good and played well enough to win but they did not dominate this game. Dominate is a big and powerfull word that means total control and that just wasn't the case. The were definately the best team on Friday the 13th at home. The game was very fun to watch and worth the 4 hour drive but it wasn't DOMINATED by either team. Good luck to LC on Friday!
You were there and I was at work so you could very well be right. However, Knox had 107 total yards which over half came on the first drive of the game that took 8 minutes of the 1st QTR. After that they did nothing on offense. That is why I say dominated. Additionally, LC had 311 total yards they may not have had 4 or 5 scores to go with that but they executed their game plan keep the ball from the 4 minute mark of the first QTR and ate clock up and scored plenty enough to win. 311 to 107 yards and if you take that one drive off it was 311 to 40 or 50 to me that is dominated. However, call it whatever anyone wants to I just call it a win and that is all I wanted. Glad you made the trip up and back and hope all went well.
Dawg days! Wrote:Nice post...I know it's hard to be a gracious loser. I'm not sure what you are talking about LC boys after the game. I was on the field when your coach (the face of your school and football program had to be restrained by the police after the game.). IMO which doesn't mean much, if your coaches didn't want to see LC celebrate then they should have taken their kids to the locker room after the game instead of having a team meeting on the 35 yard line.

That may have had something to do with LC scoring with 15 sec to go in the game when they already had the game won because they were up by 2 scores. I have been coaching for over 20 years and it doesn't seem to matter if I am coaching or just a spectator like last night, I always think that is one of the stupidest and classless things I have ever seen done by a coach. I was very surprised that for one the LC coach would take a chance on getting Pack or # 3 hurt and 2 that he would try to degrade 16, 17, 18, and 19 year olds like he did. I am not sure that is why Coach Mills was upset but I would bet it had a lot to do with it. Now, none of this had anything to do with me because I had no dog in the fight (no pun intended) but it did seem, (as a fan of the game) to take a little away from one of the best football games I have seen this year! This of coarse is just my opinion!