•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region Tennis '06
MCHStennischic.. Cards play you on wednesday if im not mistaken..right?.. We played at your place and lost.. But it was pretty close in the matches.. But I remember you saying earlier that me and my partner beat your number 2 instead of the one.. Cause you couldn't make it to the match.. That was the first time me and my partner ever played doubles.. So I hope you can make it to this one and we can play the real number one.. Good luck!
lol..thnx yea i had to go on a FBLA trip and good luck to you also!
Regions got a new contender to add to the list...East Ridge's James (Jaime) Vargas...Remember the name!
yea i heard about him and Pike Central.
it's going to be hard for anyone to beat Nathan Martin from Lawrence, but we go some good players this year. Should be a fun regional....
Jaime was second in his country in raquetball...his understanding of the game is unbelievable
Lawrence handles Magoffin Co. on the boys side. They face Pike Central tonight. Lawrence looks to have it in cruise control. They are still awaiting a response from Pikeville's coach who seems to be avoiding a match against the Dawgs.
Lawrence Counties Nathan Martin had a bad night and beat Vargus 8 - 4
I never said Vargas would become regional champ i said remember the name..because my opinion he has a great shot at making it to state
Martin only beat Magoffin's number 1... 8-4
Martin didn't seem to be on his best game but he beat a foreign exchange student from Russell named Top who was an absolute great player 8-0 so I guess it just depends on which Nathan Martin shows up.
Game count really doesn't matter from one game to another...when does he go to Magoffin
it would be a big upset if Nathan loses the region..... but as for the Lawrence boys, that is another matter..... they are beatable as a team..... Only beat Paintsville 5-4 on their home courts and wouldn't play them but once? Anyway, Lawrence is a good team though.... just keep it in perspective!
he already did....and no it wasn't that he didn't play good...it was that Howard could figure out Martins weakness and used it well.
Does anyone have the 2006 number 1 player records (wins and losses) for each team in the region? Both boys and girls.
EKY Sportster Wrote:it would be a big upset if Nathan loses the region..... but as for the Lawrence boys, that is another matter..... they are beatable as a team..... Only beat Paintsville 5-4 on their home courts and wouldn't play them but once? Anyway, Lawrence is a good team though.... just keep it in perspective!

Woah I'm not quite sure where you got this information from but I'm almost positive you are incorrect. The only team in the 15th that won't play someone is Pikeville. They have avoided Lawrence County's Coach's calls, e-mails, etc....
MCHStennischic Wrote:he already did....and no it wasn't that he didn't play good...it was that Howard could figure out Martins weakness and used it well.

Not to take any credit away from Howard because he did play decent. I have to say that Nathan Martin WAS NOT on top of his game that day. I know somedays you will have it and some you won't but to give credit where credit was do Howard and the rest of the Magoffin Co. team hustles.
lol...thnx for that but i thought it was a pretty good game. So are you playing singles or doubles in region?
big guy '06, I'm not sure as to the reason, but I do know that Lawrence would only schedule Paintsville once. Don't mean to imply that they are afraid they will lose! Actually the Paintsville / Lawrence match was fairly equal on the boys side, Nathan excluded. Could have gone either way.
Yea Lawerence also would only schedule Magoffin once...and i'm not sayin we are better either but yea thats the truth.
Who won between Pike Central and Lawrence County boys?
Lawrence County took an easy victory over Pike Central this evening, they won all matches. Martin defeated Alderman 8-0. Go Dawgs!!
What is all the talk about Lawrence only wanting to play each team once. They are the best team in the 15th region, havent lost a team match on the boys side to anyone in the 15th region, and it is for sure not that they are scared to play any of the teams twice.
Playing each team in the region once is a smart move. I think Lawrence plays several teams that are out of the region. It also allows rain dates to get all regional matches in. Sounds like good coaching!!! Lawrence's coach is a veteran and does not dodge strong teams.
What does it matter, Lawrence County has beat everybody they have played, including a West Virginia team. If Lawrence County plays them again, then that will add another victory to the record. If I was these other teams, I wouldn't want to play Lawrence County. Go play an easier team, and that will increase your chances of bringing home a victory. Lawrence County won the region last year easily, winning both the singles and doubles brackets, and I bet ya anything it will happen again then year.
I totally agree with southernfan and foshizzle. Lawrence is a great team and has a smart coach
Where did this Martin kid even come from? He's like a freak of nature or something. It's phenomenal.
Anyone know when Lawrence plays again? or who they play?
No one said they couldn't win but they will only schedule us once...
[B]I'm very proud of Pike Central's tennis team. We just started this year, and for a beginning team, we're doing decent. Brennan Alderman has been playing for a long time, but other than that this sport is new to all of us.

-Congrats to all the teams we've played. Ya'll were very courteous to us. And congrats to P-Burg who we played today. It was a very nice match. Good Luck to all teams Smile
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next