•  Previous
  • 8(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region Tennis '06
Has anyone played the Spencer kid from E.C. (East Carter)? He's really awesome
kalamazoo Wrote:What is all the talk about Lawrence only wanting to play each team once. They are the best team in the 15th region, havent lost a team match on the boys side to anyone in the 15th region, and it is for sure not that they are scared to play any of the teams twice.

Lawrence has a very good team........ BUT....... I wouldn't call Lawrence the best team in the 15th?? They only beat Paintsville boys on Lawrence's home courts by a team score of 5-4 and that match could have easiliy been Paintsville boys 7-2. The only two matches that they actually dominated were in #1 boys singles and #1 boys doubles. After that Paintsville boys were as good or better. And we certainly know that Lawrence girls are not #1 in the region. And as for playing out of region, that is their decision, but I don't see them having played Ashland or other powerhouses??? So they might as well play other teams in THEIR region????
FOSHIZZLE Wrote:What does it matter, Lawrence County has beat everybody they have played, including a West Virginia team. If Lawrence County plays them again, then that will add another victory to the record. If I was these other teams, I wouldn't want to play Lawrence County. Go play an easier team, and that will increase your chances of bringing home a victory. Lawrence County won the region last year easily, winning both the singles and doubles brackets, and I bet ya anything it will happen again then year.

First, I know that Lawrence hasn't beat everyone they have played in girls tennis, so I assume we are talking about boys?? Second, they only beat Paintsville 5-4 at Lawrence and I am sure that IF they would have played Painstville again they may very well have lost the boys match. Paintsville was without their #4 boys seed in that match and the #5 boys seed and #2 boys doubles didn't play that well. I don't see anyone beating Nathan in singles this year, but beyond that Lawrence is not guaranteed anything........?
No one will even come close to beating Nathan Martin. He is unbeatable in the 15th region.
I will agree with you on that one! Also, Lawrence boys #1 doubles appear to be impossible to beat by anyone in the 15th. But that is as far as it goes for Lawrence.
Yeah I'm pretty sure going 40-4 in games on Saturday pretty much showed the dominance of the lawrence co. #1 boys doubles. Their #2 doubles didn't look bad, they just seemed to kind of blow up in the semifinals. I think a little bit of that was nerves and just not having enough fuel in the tank. I think Chad Williams will have his boys ready to go come tournament time. I say they pick up their second straight regional title and the girls doubles team of Hardin and Cartmel have a legitimate shot at making it to state after making it to the finals, in my opinion. If Martin and the doubles team of Maynard/Delong (#1) win both titles, I only see Lawrence needing one more point to take home the team trophy. Unless the #2 doubles team gets a rancid draw, I think the Dawgs will head home from Prestonsburg toting a 15th Regional Championship trophy next week. Lawrence travels to Ashland Tennis Center to play East Carter on Wednesday. Spencer v. Nathan should be an impecable match! I see Martin taking it in a close match. Their final match (Senior Day) on Saturday will be at 11 AM vs. Raceland. Then it's serious practice until tournament time!
The Girls number one doubles?...Magoffin one doubles wasn't at the tournament due to prom. So they made it to the finals against Morgan?..was every number one doubles team there but us?
How did everybody else do in the region?
Very Badly...but o well..
Who won singles and doubles?
Idk i left early because we had prom saturday night too..
big guy "06 it depends on the draw. Lawrence #2 boys dbls aren't that bad, but they aren't top 3 in the region. I don't see LC bring home a team title, but of course it is possible. Morgan's #1 boys dbls were not there Sat. and Paintsville didn't play their #1 dbls either, as they chose to play singles. So there are some very good boys dbls that didn't play Sat. IMO I only see LC winning boys singles and boys #1 dbls.

As for girls, LC's #1 dbls. didn't win Sat. and aren't likely to win at regionals. Would have to give a big edge to Morgan's #1 dbls. And there were other #1 dbls. that weren't there Sat. So we'll have to see............
Sat results:

Boys singles: David of Pikeville (LC #1 not present)

Girls singles: Kelsey Hughes of Paintsville (Pikeville, Morgan and Magoffin #1's not present)

Boys dbls: Lawrence #1 (no big surprise), but LC #2 was taken out in semis and Paintsville #1 dbls. played singles and Paintsville #2 dbls. knocked out early by LC #1 (Morgan #1 dbls. not present)

Girls dbls: Morgan Co. with some others not present but IMO not relevant.

Regional team title will come down to who chooses to play singles or doubles and what draw each gets.
Sounds like it may be a tight region after all.
I think Lawerence has the boys side locked
Well it'l be exciting.. hehe.. yays!
How did Lawrence County and East Carter do tonight? Should have been a big match between Martin and Johnson.
Lawrence County dominated and Martin won in 3 sets winning the final 6-1! I think Nathan has truly shown that he is a really good player and should breeze through the 15th.
Johnson is a good player, that was probably a good test for Martin
yea they are both great players and it was a great game but Martin really got it together at the end. He showed how good he can really be. Congrats.
Nathan does have a good game. Spencer is one of the best players in the area, and for Nathan to beat him really means something. Congrats to Nathan Martin and the rest of the Lawrence County team for a great season.
EKY Sportster Wrote:Lawrence has a very good team........ BUT....... I wouldn't call Lawrence the best team in the 15th?? They only beat Paintsville boys on Lawrence's home courts by a team score of 5-4 and that match could have easiliy been Paintsville boys 7-2. The only two matches that they actually dominated were in #1 boys singles and #1 boys doubles. After that Paintsville boys were as good or better. And we certainly know that Lawrence girls are not #1 in the region. And as for playing out of region, that is their decision, but I don't see them having played Ashland or other powerhouses??? So they might as well play other teams in THEIR region????

Lawrence tried to schedule Ashland, Ashland would not schedule them. Lawrence played Russel, Cabell Midland, and Ironton. These teams are very strong. Also played East Carter (their 1 seed is very strong)

I do agree that team play between Paintsville and Lawrence is very even and could go either way.
But you have to look at how many points each team will get and Martin getting the singles title and the doubles team gettin the doubles title.. at regionals they will be hard to beat. Same situation with Morgan's girls.
Well as for team winner at regionals, that is true! But a lot of it will come down to the draw. But it doesn't hurt LC to have what would seem to be a lock on #1 boys singles and #1 boys doubles.

As a team in season match play, I was saying that Paintsville boys are as strong or possibly even better than LC, even though LC does have the #1 boys single and #1 boys doubles. But at region, Paintsville would only be a strong second, with LC having the best shot at winning as a team.
yea thats what i was saying also...i wasn't talking about season win..
  •  Previous
  • 8(current)