Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jodie Meeks.
runninrebs21 Wrote:He wasn't hurt, just deactivated.. He was activated tonight.. go to espn.com and click on his profile.. Here is what it says:

News: With Michael Redd sidelined due to a knee injury, Meeks will be activated for Tuesday's game against the Bulls, the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports.
Spin: Meeks spent the first two games in street clothes. The rookie from Kentucky will back up Charlie Bell at shooting guard, but he isn't expected to get much playing time.

but as u can see his minutes are increasing each game Smile
Jodie Meeks

27 Minutes
7-11 Field Goals, 5-7 (3 Pointers), 19 Points
It's obvious Jodie has been hurt. It's also obvious that now he is healthy, and the haters will watch him get more playing time and see his performances make him a deserved NBA player. Sorry guys, Jodie is going to make it. Bucks head coache Scott Skiles made the comment that Meeks is one of the finest shooters that he has seen come out of college in a few years.
runninrebs21 Wrote:He wasn't hurt, just deactivated.. He was activated tonight.. go to espn.com and click on his profile.. Here is what it says:

News: With Michael Redd sidelined due to a knee injury, Meeks will be activated for Tuesday's game against the Bulls, the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports.
Spin: Meeks spent the first two games in street clothes. The rookie from Kentucky will back up Charlie Bell at shooting guard, but he isn't expected to get much playing time.

Much playing time huh? check tonights game Smile
lol against the Knicks.. I will admit he did good tonight, but once Redd comes back, and they play real competition, he will not get playing time.
runninrebs21 Wrote:lol against the Knicks.. I will admit he did good tonight, but once Redd comes back, and they play real competition, he will not get playing time.

Dude hes playing just as many minutes as anybody on the team. he played more than there starting SG for the night.

y u hatin on jodie for. everyone knows the kid can score. and thats why he comes in the game. redd is injury prone he will come back then get hurt again.
runninrebs21 Wrote:lol against the Knicks.. I will admit he did good tonight, but once Redd comes back, and they play real competition, he will not get playing time.

Why? So if the kid shoots and puts points on the board, they won't find a place for him? So it was the Knicks and that's the reason why he scored 19? Did every other player for the Bucks score 19?

Andrew Bogut, with 22, is the only Buck to score more points than Jodie. Are the rest of the Bucks that bad???????
Stardust Wrote:Why? So if the kid shoots and puts points on the board, they won't find a place for him? So it was the Knicks and that's the reason why he scored 19? Did every other player for the Bucks score 19?

Andrew Bogut, with 22, is the only Buck to score more points than Jodie. Are the rest of the Bucks that bad???????

Yes Dusty. Thats why they get more playing time than jodie! But soon meeks will be inactive again..............(Sarcastic)
^ lol
Stardust Wrote:Why? So if the kid shoots and puts points on the board, they won't find a place for him? So it was the Knicks and that's the reason why he scored 19? Did every other player for the Bucks score 19?

Yes they are lol.. They are picked to finish last in the East.. Redd is the only player even worth watching on the whole team. Yes Meeks scored 19 and played a lot, but when he made his first basket, they were already up 13 in the 1st quarter.. It was a blowout from the beginning so the bench players will play more than the starters probably. I am not hating on Jodie, I just think its stupid for all the people to think he is great just because he played for UK. Yes he can score decent, but not against real teams in the NBA.
runninrebs21 Wrote:Yes they are lol.. They are picked to finish last in the East.. Redd is the only player even worth watching on the whole team. Yes Meeks scored 19 and played a lot, but when he made his first basket, they were already up 13 in the 1st quarter.. It was a blowout from the beginning so the bench players will play more than the starters probably. I am not hating on Jodie, I just think its stupid for all the people to think he is great just because he played for UK. Yes he can score decent, but not against real teams in the NBA.

Did i ever say he was a great nba player? did i say he was going to be a great nba player? no. But hes going to play. More and more as the season progresses.
^ Nobody has said he is great! Show me the post where someone said he is great! Show me the post that said Jodie will be a Superstar? Show me the Post that said Jodie will be an All-Star? Show me the post that said Jodie will be the Bucks best player?

You are the one who in an earlier post said he is overrated? Who on here has even RATED HIM! You are the one who has knocked him when no one else has alluded to anything but looking to see him get playing time!
Yeah but saying he is going to get a lot of playing time is still not going to be true. He is going to be a end of game blowout player. Not saying he isn't talented, because he is, but he is not going to be a consistent role player on an NBA team. That is why he left early, because he knew UK had a lot of talent this year, and he would have been lucky to average 10 pts per game.
runninrebs21 Wrote:Yeah but saying he is going to get a lot of playing time is still not going to be true. He is going to be a end of game blowout player. Not saying he isn't talented, because he is, but he is not going to be a consistent role player on an NBA team. That is why he left early, because he knew UK had a lot of talent this year, and he would have been lucky to average 10 pts per game.

LOL - we didn't even have recruits at UK commited when he declared! There was not Bledsoe, Wall, Cousins when Jodie made his decision!

As for getting a lot of playing time, I believe the only comments were "a lot MORE playing time".
But when Redd comes back, he will be the 3rd SG at best. Therefore, he will only get in during blowouts.
runninrebs21 Wrote:But when Redd comes back, he will be the 3rd SG at best. Therefore, he will only get in during blowouts.

I guess we will see. If he puts the ball in the basket, I guess the worst team in the NBA would be stupid to keep him on the bench just waiting for blowouts....... 5-7 three pointers - umm, it doesn't matter who the opposing team is......
runninrebs21 Wrote:But when Redd comes back, he will be the 3rd SG at best. Therefore, he will only get in during blowouts.

Seeing jodies minutes has increased every game since hes been activated. Jodie may be the 2nd SG.
Look at the Magic.. They have the best 3 pt shooter in NCAA history on their team.. He NEVER got in the game until Vincanity and Pietrus got hurt.. Then he gets to start and has 27 points! But when VC comes back, he will be back to the bench. It is how the NBA goes. They won't play Meeks over Redd. And he isn't consistent enough to be a bigtime role player off the bench. He will get a few mins here and there but thats it.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Seeing jodies minutes has increased every game since hes been activated. Jodie may be the 2nd SG.

lol he has been activated 2 games!!! that is like espn saying after Melo's first 2 games that he is on track to win the MVP this year.. Lets have this conversation after the all star break and it will be different.
runninrebs21 Wrote:Look at the Magic.. They have the best 3 pt shooter in NCAA history on their team.. He NEVER got in the game until Vincanity and Pietrus got hurt.. Then he gets to start and has 27 points! But when VC comes back, he will be back to the bench. It is how the NBA goes. They won't play Meeks over Redd. And he isn't consistent enough to be a bigtime role player off the bench. He will get a few mins here and there but thats it.

Comparing JJ Reddick To Jodie Meeks?

Jodie is 10 times more Athletic.
lol and Redick is a 10 times better shooter.. it evens out.
JJ Reddick Played 4 years without any injuries. He shot when he wanted and how he wanted. Gun slinger every game. Just because he made more 3s in his time doesnt mean he is a better shooter. I never seen him score 54 points. 4 Years of shooting his arm off really helped reddick reach that milestone. Like 60000 free throws helped tyler hansborough reach the scoring mile stone. alot of factors come in affect here. meeks only played 1 full season with kentucky without injuries.
lol Redick did NOT shoot his arm off.. I hate Duke with a PASSION, but he was incredible when he was in college.. Most of the time Duke was up big and Redick didn't play the whole game.. Meeks scored 54 then played "great" the rest of the season.. He is INCONSISTENT! UK was bad last year so he played pretty much the whole game every game.
Collegiate (last season for each player- Since Jodie didn't play much due to injuries) 3-point Shooting %

JJ Redick - 40.3%

Jodie Meeks - 40.6%
runninrebs21 Wrote:lol Redick did NOT shoot his arm off.. I hate Duke with a PASSION, but he was incredible when he was in college.. Most of the time Duke was up big and Redick didn't play the whole game.. Meeks scored 54 then played "great" the rest of the season.. He is INCONSISTENT! UK was bad last year so he played pretty much the whole game every game.

Meeks and patterson was are only 2 legit players we had last season so he had to play every game. without him we wouldnt have won 10 games last year.

jj reddick 796 three-point attempts rank third all-time at Duke

didnt shoot alot did he?
Yeah and he is FIRST all time in the whole NCAA for 3pt makes..
runninrebs21 Wrote:Yeah and he is FIRST all time in the whole NCAA for 3pt makes..

he also had 4 years to do it.
runninrebs21 Wrote:Yeah and he is FIRST all time in the whole NCAA for 3pt makes..

Also most taken! Does that equate to being the best?
Stardust Wrote:Collegiate (last season for each player- Since Jodie didn't play much due to injuries) 3-point Shooting %

JJ Redick - 40.3%

Jodie Meeks - 40.6%

And JJ shot a ton more 3's than Meeks did during his career and still almost had a better percentage. :biggrin:
BlackcatAlum Wrote:And JJ shot a ton more 3's than Meeks did during his career and still almost had a better percentage. :biggrin:

This is based on each players final season in college, not their career in college.