Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jodie Meeks.
He is yet to play in a game this season after doing so well in the preseason and summer league. His listed as inactive. Anyone know if hes injured?
Look for him to get off that list and some playing time soon
CardinalAlum Wrote:Look for him to get off that list and some playing time soon

Redd went down i seen
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Redd went down i seen

Yeah, with that injury Meeks should see the floor some but what do i know lol.
dunno, he did have a great summer.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
7 Minutes, 0-3,
He is going to have some hard times in the NBA, much like what Kelenna Azubuike had when he left UK his junior season. Jodie may have to hit the NBADL for a season or two and get used to the professional thing.
Jodie was getting 10 minutes per game in the Bucks first 3 preseason games, then had not played since (10/20). That would mean to me an injury. You don't go from 10 minutes per game to nothing for no reason.
Stardust Wrote:Jodie was getting 10 minutes per game in the Bucks first 3 preseason games, then had not played since (10/20). That would mean to me an injury. You don't go from 10 minutes per game to nothing for no reason.

Agreed, Hes injury prone... Hope he can get healthy and get some minutes. Maybe his playing time will increase as the season progresses.
Guys, listen to what you are saying. "He played great in summer ball" and "He averaged 10 minutes per game in preseason".... Do you not realize summer ball is kind of like JV? None of the big players actually play in summer league hardly. And preseason, the main players only play for a few minutes and then they let the benchwarmers in. He was a 2nd round pick of one of the worst teams in the NBA. He will not get off the bench except to give someone a breather or in blowouts. Sorry...
runninrebs21 Wrote:Guys, listen to what you are saying. "He played great in summer ball" and "He averaged 10 minutes per game in preseason".... Do you not realize summer ball is kind of like JV? None of the big players actually play in summer league hardly. And preseason, the main players only play for a few minutes and then they let the benchwarmers in. He was a 2nd round pick of one of the worst teams in the NBA. He will not get off the bench except to give someone a breather or in blowouts. Sorry...

You know there starting guard is out right?
runninrebs21 Wrote:Guys, listen to what you are saying. "He played great in summer ball" and "He averaged 10 minutes per game in preseason".... Do you not realize summer ball is kind of like JV? None of the big players actually play in summer league hardly. And preseason, the main players only play for a few minutes and then they let the benchwarmers in. He was a 2nd round pick of one of the worst teams in the NBA. He will not get off the bench except to give someone a breather or in blowouts. Sorry...

You are 100% right, but they don't stop giving subs playing time up to a week before the season starts and then give them zero with three more preseason games to go. In the last 3 preseason games, the starters were still limited in their minutes, the bucks still played every player on their roster in those games, but Meeks, who was getting more playing time than most of the other subs just stopped getting any, while the others were getting time, tells me something happened to Jodie.
I look for him to get some extended playing before the season is over. More than likely coming off the bench behind Redd or Jennings.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:You know there starting guard is out right?

Yeah but he isn't the backup.. He is probably the 3rd of 4th guard at best.
runninrebs21 Wrote:Yeah but he isn't the backup.. He is probably the 3rd of 4th guard at best.

that may be true now. who knows how good hes going to be. Dont hate on my dreams for meeks lol. Sad
I think he will do better than Kalena<--spelling as far as development. I don't think he needs to go to a league. He will be fine!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Azubuike would be doing a lot better for a different team, he does great one game, then doesn't see the floor the next.. Nelson is too up and down with him.. Meeks won't do as good as Azubuike. Like I said, Meeks will be a player who gets in during blowouts but I don't see anything more than that for him.
I watched Meeks in the preseason against the Bulls and he wasn't there yet. He has a lot of learning to do if he ever wants to become a role player for an NBA franchise. Besides knocking down the occasional 3, Meeks needs a lot of work.

Meeks will never be the player Azubukie is, IMO. Keleena is much more athletic and shoots the ball just as well as Meeks does, but can defend a lot better than Meeks.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I watched Meeks in the preseason against the Bulls and he wasn't there yet. He has a lot of learning to do if he ever wants to become a role player for an NBA franchise. Besides knocking down the occasional 3, Meeks needs a lot of work.

Meeks will never be the player Azubukie is, IMO. Keleena is much more athletic and shoots the ball just as well as Meeks does, but can defend a lot better than Meeks.

Thank you lol. I have nothing against Meeks, but in this state, he is very overrated. He will never be a starter in the NBA and I don't really ever see him being in a constant rotation unless he drastically improves.
^Agreed.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I watched Meeks in the preseason against the Bulls and he wasn't there yet. He has a lot of learning to do if he ever wants to become a role player for an NBA franchise. Besides knocking down the occasional 3, Meeks needs a lot of work.

I agree Kaleena much more talented! but a better shooter is far fetched.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I agree Kaleena much more talented! but a better shooter is far fetched.

You need to re-read my post again... I said Keleena shot the ball just as well as Meeks does. Never said he was a better shooter than Meeks.
Azubuike is an underrated shooter.. He can light it up when given the chance.. Meeks just shot his arm off last year.. I know it was only him and Patterson, but his stats were because he shot most of UK's shots..
runninrebs21 Wrote:Azubuike is an underrated shooter.. He can light it up when given the chance.. Meeks just shot his arm off last year.. I know it was only him and Patterson, but his stats were because he shot most of UK's shots..

Well if you watched uk play then you would know that he was the only one on the team that can shoot the ball.
I didnt say that he wasnt the only guy who could shoot.. But it isn't hard for a decent college player to have stats like his when you shoot almost every possession up the floor.
runninrebs21 Wrote:I didnt say that he wasnt the only guy who could shoot.. But it isn't hard for a decent college player to have stats like his when you shoot almost every possession up the floor.

True..... Idk, Jodie is just and undersize guard and that really hurts him more than anything.
Minutes are improving went 2-8 tonight with 6 points 5 rebounds 1 assist 1 steal and 3 turnovers.... minutes are improving as he becomes healthy again,
He wasn't hurt, just deactivated.. He was activated tonight.. go to espn.com and click on his profile.. Here is what it says:

News: With Michael Redd sidelined due to a knee injury, Meeks will be activated for Tuesday's game against the Bulls, the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports.
Spin: Meeks spent the first two games in street clothes. The rookie from Kentucky will back up Charlie Bell at shooting guard, but he isn't expected to get much playing time.
he will be alright it may take him a while but he will be O.K.
I like the 5 rebounds stat for Jodie. He is showing that he can rebound pretty well for a 2 guard. I don't like the 2-8 stat though Sad