Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 35 Belfry 19
no excuses 2 it. u know and i know the outcome wouldve been different. just like the sheldon clark game. it wouldve been a battle to the end. without thomas it shut the quickness of belfry down. who ran down jude from behind to tackle him.(same play he got hurt) the whole outcome changed when he didnt return at halftime. but will say nice win for jc but wouldve liked to c the battle that was setup after 1 quarter of play. hey what can i say u cant win them all. but being on the 25 side of 25-1 feels pretty darn good since we r only 3a!
Congrats to JC nothing against Belfry but glad to see you on track..
Mr.Kimball Wrote:The what if stuff can be said both ways. Central fumbled their first two possesions while driving the ball at will too, didn't they?

think the turn-over ratio was belfry 3 jc 2.
irishcard16 Wrote:Yeah Johns Creek High School had to be heard from on this matter. But what do you expect from teams like this. Celebrating with their fans on the field after a REGULAR season win?....Will they be handing out trophies in Paintsville monday?

They have the meeting and prayer circle on the field after just about every game. Some of them are happier occasions than others, admittedly.
pirateman Wrote:think the turn-over ratio was belfry 3 jc 2.

JC actually lost a fumble in the second half as well. Was 3-3.
First of all I hope Thomas is ok.
Second congrats on the win JC.
I think this game would have been a lot closer if Thomas played the entire game. Thomas had 85 yards in the first quarter. But its like was said earlier injuries are part of the game. Without Thomas Belfry would have def. lost to Pike Central, Boyd County, Letcher Central and Whitley County.
IF Thomas wouldn't have been injured JC still might have won, probably would have, but it would have been a heck of a game.
As for the penalties the first two from JC were both forced. The first one Belfry had was forced but they had a couple of fumbles that were their own fault.
Good luck to both in playoffs.
All I was saying is that in the previous thread most of you guys were calling JC out so you ask for it and you got it. No I'm not Jealous, PC has never had a great football program but were improving and will continue to do so. Yes Prestonsburg rolled over us tonight and I'm not mad no excuses the better team won.
The story of the game was the offensive line for JC. JJ ran good, but his line dominated the game. He is a nice player, but not that fast. He is powerful and runs low and strong. He is very hard to tackle. JK is the best player. He makes some great athletic plays. Belfry did not play aggressive enough against the sweep. They never flew to the ball, but a lot of that had to do with the great blocking. The referees had no impact on the game, but they were terrible mechanically. They were slow getting in the piles on the fumbles from both teams, and the two goobers under the goalposts had a staredwdown contest on Belfry's last XP. The only question could have been if it was within an upright, and if it is that close, why would you ask your buddy for help on your post? Make a call and stick with it. Thomas was on his way to having a typical great Thomas night. I hope he is OK. He hurt his shoulder and it has not been determined yet how serious it is. He and JK were the quickest and fastest on the field. Great win JC. You deserved it and good luck in the playoffs. Belfry needs to get healthy and get some rest. One good thing is that no one in the east will bring an offensive and defensive front like JC did. If the Pirates can get healthy, they will be fine.
congrats JC on a huge win!!!
Great win by JC! Great offensive game tonight by them. I was hoping the Pirates would pull this one off, but in the end just wasn't enough. Very impressed with Timmy Lovern. He stepped up when needed and did a great job. Who knew he could kick? Smile Haha! A lot of things hurt Belfry tonight. First off, fumbles. One Pirate with three fumbles tonight. Second, poor tackling and blocking. Third, Varney. Although he does not make up the whole team, he does bring a lot to the table. Just got a call he is at the hospital, had an x-ray but results are not back yet. HOPING FOR A SPEEDY RECOVERY! I was kind of disappointed in Matney, running that last touchdown in the 4th with a minute plus to go. Thought he would've been a little more classy. Sad But again, GREAT WIN BY JC! They have a great team! Also, congratulations to Belfry's Senior Football Players! A great bunch of kids with hearts bigger than this world! You have made the past four years exciting and interesting! Let's bring that state title back to Pond Creek!
Congrats JC on your win!!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
Varney out for 2 weeks. Small muscle tear in ACL in shoulder.
Congrats to Johnson Central! Wow you your loss to us must have really awaken and helped you guys! I mean your distric champs too now! I hate hear that about varney i hope he gets better! Good Luck Pirates!
BIG win for JC. Congrats
I picked this one....and it is about freakin time JC!....lol!
Way to go Eagles! Nice win to close the season out!
footballcrazy08 Wrote:Varney out for 2 weeks. Small muscle tear in ACL in shoulder.

hate to hear that but glad its not worse,hope it heels fast,but dont need to mix ur body up for a game,let it heel
Belfry0304 Wrote:Can the mods delete my 2 previous, rather angry posts? I want to apologize. To be honest, I was frustrated. Very angry to go all out and see some of my good friends lose on their senior night. Especially to see my friend Thomas go down like that and have to watch his last regular season game ever from the sideline after an amazing career at BHS. Now put on my red and white glasses and tell me, do you understand my point of view?
I believe I got them for you.
Wow! I didnt see this one coming! I know Belfry isnt what they normally are but neither is JC! Great game JC way to go!!!
irishcard16 Wrote:Yeah Johns Creek High School had to be heard from on this matter. But what do you expect from teams like this. Celebrating with their fans on the field after a REGULAR season win?....Will they be handing out trophies in Paintsville monday?

JC fans go to the field after every game. Win or Loss, Home or Away.

I hope Varney is ok and feeling better soon, hard to see a young man get hurt and not able to play. Good Luck to the Pirates in playoffs.

CONGRATULATIONS EAGLES

All of your fans in Johnson County are very proud of you young men. You had a rough start this season, but these last 6 games have all been worth it.
Stay focused on what you are really after :1:
congrats on big win .hope u get a shot at a state title.
I'm glad to see Johnson Central finally get the win over Belfry. I usually pull for Belfry, but when I heard about the 0-25 series, I had to start pulling for Johnson Central... at least this one time.
Anytime you beat Belfry its a big win. Says a lot for their program. Hope Thomas is ok .
Belfry_99 Wrote:Congratulations to JC, great game, I sure wish Thomas could have played the entire game, but I was always taught that you play with what ya got and let the chips fall where they may. Belfry hung in there but JC put the game away. My only fault is this.. my buddy and I were taking about this on the way home.. I for one know Haywood would have took a knee with 24 seconds to go and up 9 before he would have scored again, but to each thier own. Again congrats JC, great win tonight for your program.

I know Matney will not purposely run the score up. What play did they score the last TD with. Usually he will run short yard plays and run the time out. However Matney has also been burned in the closing seconds a few times. JC in 97 beat SC with in the last 2 minutes. I believe SC was up by at least 3 tds when Matney began to put a few backups in. Since then it seems he likes to maintain a little bit more of a lead without running it up.
WildDawg Wrote:I've said it all year all long. Belfry is overrated and would get beat by any legite opponent all year. Get mad all you want Belfry fans. You got whooped tonight.
:please:

Belfry should still be highly rated! This was a huge win for JC. Not many people picked Belfry to go 7-3 in the regular season. This was a very difficult schedule. This Pirate team will continue to cause a great deal of problems in the next few weeks for their opponents. I think JC and others in the playoffs will also see legitimate competition during the next 5 weeks. Hope Varney has a speedy recovery he is a true athlete. As a Belfry fan I know how much others outside of the organization enjoy a Belfry lose. The good thing is that it doesn’t happen often. This Pirate Team will dust off and be prepared for their opponent next week due to tradition, excellent coaching, wonderful kids and a community that loves its football. Good luck to all next week from the East!!!!!!!!! chemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
Central finally gets the monkey off there back. Hope Varney heals fast. BY FAR THE BEST PLAYER LETCHER CENTRAL FACED ALL YEAR! Best of luck in the playoffs men!
WildDawg Wrote:I've said it all year all long. Belfry is overrated and would get beat by any legite opponent all year. Get mad all you want Belfry fans. You got whooped tonight.

Do you consider getting whooped being down 20-13 with 9 minutes to go in the 4th, or when is a final score of 35-19 getting whooped..This was a competitive game and thats that, Belfry lost to a very good team tonight and we didn't deserve to win, but a blowout this was not.

No need to bad mouth BELFRY U all finally won (1) with your big ol 5A school. So I guess for the past 25 years Belfry wasn't overrated? Belfry fans seem not to be too "mad" and they shouldn't be mad @ at any team like a 5A school to (whoop) a (just a few kids over being being 2A) in 25 years. See ya again in 25 years :biggrin: just kiddin JC has a great team and I wish them the best as well. :notworthy sure hope Thomas and all the Belfry team is ok
Congrats jc nice game glad to see the turn around at the right time...hope varney is ok...from the way spiked talked the only position he don't play is head coach..very good football player...I would also like to comment on the belfry fans they have come out n congradulate central n been very classy about it...good luck belfry throughout the playoffs...good luck central in the playoffs as well...sounded like a great game last night!!!
Good win for JC. Looks like you guys have turned you season around and playing some good football at the wright time. Good luck in the playoffs.
BelfryJustice Wrote::please:

Belfry should still be highly rated! This was a huge win for JC. Not many people picked Belfry to go 7-3 in the regular season. This was a very difficult schedule. This Pirate team will continue to cause a great deal of problems in the next few weeks for their opponents. I think JC and others in the playoffs will also see legitimate competition during the next 5 weeks. Hope Varney has a speedy recovery he is a true athlete. As a Belfry fan I know how much others outside of the organization enjoy a Belfry lose. The good thing is that it doesn’t happen often. This Pirate Team will dust off and be prepared for their opponent next week due to tradition, excellent coaching, wonderful kids and a community that loves its football. Good luck to all next week from the East!!!!!!!!! chemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I didn't see the post you are responding to so I guess the moderators got to it first. The ONLY thing that this game affects is the "Mountain Top Ten" and frankly, it doesn't matter if your ranked first or last in that poll. Hope Thomas is ok. Is the torn shoulder an official answer or just hear say?