Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central 35 Belfry 19
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Nice win JC!!!!!!!!!!!! Huge win for the Johnson Central Football Program.
congrats to jc, best of luck in the playoffs, your line really come together from 1st of the year,they did want they wanted against belfry, now win or go home
Congrads to JC on there first win against belfry.
Great win JC I hope Varney is not hurt bad.
JOHNSON CENTRAL

J.J. Jude 30-224 Yards 3 TD's
J.K. Hall 8-87 Yards 1 TD
Nate Dillon 10-55 Yards 1 TD
Tanner Bratton 9-42 Yards

Passing 3-3 37 Yards

BELFRY

Thomas Varney 7-85 Yards 1 TD
Gary Runyan 12-53 Yards 1 TD
Timmy Lovern 7-25 Yards
Tyler Williams 1 TD

Passing 2-3 54 Yards

Hope everything is OK with Varney and good luck in the playoffs.
congrats to jc what happened to belfry in this game.
#1EagleFan Wrote:Great win JC I hope Varney is not hurt bad.

I was beginning to think I was the only JC fan not at the game.
Congrats to jc on their first win against Belfry,sure hope Thomas is ok
former_cards_player02 Wrote:congrats to jc what happened to belfry in this game.

couldnt stop the jet sweep, they ran same play about 300times with jude and defense didnt stop it,lol
Congrats JC great win!!!!
Pretty much what I expected. JC had their way upfront..no question. Belfry is so undersized and so young that big, strong lines...if motivated...can exact their will up front. Unfortunately...Tomcat is hurt....hopefully it's not too serious...because this Pirate team has no room for error.

Congratulations JC.....you finally broke the "streak".
dont belive belfry will face a line in 3a like jc,maybe unless louisville central if they make it that far
JC looked good tonight keep it up and bring back the 5a title :Thumbs:
Great win by the eagles.
Congrats JC on your first win over the Pirates. Injury or no injury there was one turning point in this game. Belfry was ahead 13-6 with 4 minutes left in the 1st half. Matney goes for it on 4th and 1 on his own 25 yard line, and gets stopped. Belfry takes over on possession and fumbles back to JC and JC goes down and scores to tie the game @ the half 13-13. Instead of it possibly being 20-6 or at the least 13-6.
irishcard16 Wrote:Congrats JC on your first win over the Pirates. Injury or no injury there was one turning point in this game. Belfry was ahead 13-6 with 4 minutes left in the 1st half. Matney goes for it on 4th and 1 on his own 25 yard line, and gets stopped. Belfry takes over on possession and fumbles back to JC and JC goes down and scores to tie the game @ the half 13-13. Instead of it possibly being 20-6 or at the least 13-6.

thats true,still jc line did what they wanted to
Dang. Congrats JC
irishcard16 Wrote:Congrats JC on your first win over the Pirates. Injury or no injury there was one turning point in this game. Belfry was ahead 13-6 with 4 minutes left in the 1st half. Matney goes for it on 4th and 1 on his own 25 yard line, and gets stopped. Belfry takes over on possession and fumbles back to JC and JC goes down and scores to tie the game @ the half 13-13. Instead of it possibly being 20-6 or at the least 13-6.
The what if stuff can be said both ways. Central fumbled their first two possesions while driving the ball at will too, didn't they?
Congrats to Central. Thought the line play was the key to this game. They controlled it especially in the 2nd half. Hope my pirates can get everyone healthy for the playoffs.
JC caused some injuries tonight. This was a great game late in the game. Belfry had several chances to put this game away and failed to do so due to the fact that Belfry was over matched on the line. This was a great game for Belfry going into the playoffs and even better if we can get healthy over the next few weeks. Nothing can be taken away from Johnson Central tonight. It was their night and they played very good football. This lose didn't bother me as bad as I thought it would. I have some great long time friends from Johnson Central and this game made me feel good for them (great job Ryan)! There is no reasons for any excuse from me. Belfry played a great team that is going to make some problems for others in the playoffs. Fly high Eagles, maybe we will see you in Bowling Green!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:Thumbs:
Mr.Kimball Wrote:The what if stuff can be said both ways. Central fumbled their first two possesions while driving the ball at will too, didn't they?

YES I was just stating IMO what I thought turned the game around. There was no what if stuff being said. No excuses made just staing my opinion.
Way to go JC they were asking for it and they got it.
P.S. Hope Varney is okay.
seen that one coming great job JC
AandB Wrote:Way to go JC they were asking for it and they got it.

Hater?..TongueirateSho
Congratulations to JC, great game, I sure wish Thomas could have played the entire game, but I was always taught that you play with what ya got and let the chips fall where they may. Belfry hung in there but JC put the game away. My only fault is this.. my buddy and I were taking about this on the way home.. I for one know Haywood would have took a knee with 24 seconds to go and up 9 before he would have scored again, but to each thier own. Again congrats JC, great win tonight for your program.
You know what, I'll turn over a new leaf.

Excellent game plan by Johnson Central running either the sweep to Jude or Bratton up the middle. On plays we had set up to stop one they did the other. Good job by there offensive line getting the push they needed also. I thought Belfry was a little too conservative on the play calling. I thought a few times it'd been more appropriate to run to the outside than the inside but we continued to go up the middle for a few yards. With Thomas out it's like they knew our run game was down. Maybe Tyler should have thrown more to back them off and give Timmy, Chase, and Gary more room to run when we did try it. I think Belfry needs to take care of the fumbling problem also, giving the ball away never helps a winning effort. Tough loss Belfry, fix it in the playoffs.

See ya next year, Eagles.
irishcard16 Wrote:Hater?..TongueirateSho

Not a hater... Don't you recognize jealousy when you see it lol?TongueirateSho
Yeah Johns Creek High School had to be heard from on this matter. But what do you expect from teams like this. Celebrating with their fans on the field after a REGULAR season win?....Will they be handing out trophies in Paintsville monday?
AandB Wrote:Way to go JC they were asking for it and they got it.

By the way what was the score of the PC/ P-Burg game again??? Oh thats right you got smacked at home AGAIN!!
Can the mods delete my 2 previous, rather angry posts? I want to apologize. To be honest, I was frustrated. Very angry to go all out and see some of my good friends lose on their senior night. Especially to see my friend Thomas go down like that and have to watch his last regular season game ever from the sideline after an amazing career at BHS. Now put on my red and white glasses and tell me, do you understand my point of view?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6