Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2010 NBA Champion is.....
Celtics over Lakers in 7 games
IMO you have to go with the Lakers
The defending champs went out and beefed up their defense with the Artest pickup in the offseason
Now they have two of the best one-on-one defenders in the nation on the same team
The Celts and Cavs made some big upgrades too, but I don't know if those moves are good enough to say that they are gonna knock off the champs
The Celtics will undoubtedly have injury problems with their aging team in this year.
and Shaq's on his last legs....
Shaq clogging up the middle for a team ran by the greatest player at driving to the rim we may have ever seen may be a change that could be tough getting used to for LeBron's Cavs

but you never know....
the Celtics aging players might be better conditioned than I think...
or Shaq in the paint may be a better iidea than I think.

This should be a great season
I'm going with the Celtics because they picked up some great veteran leadership in the offseason and not to mention they have Paul Pierce, KG, and one of the best point guards in the NBA Rajon Rondo!
Lakers take it again with the addition of Artest.
Celtics all the way! They made some great moves in the off-season, of course they got Rasheed who will help them big time defensively but also he can go out and shoot the 3 when needed. Also got Marquis Daniels, and Shelden Williams who are great role players and will do what is needed of them, also will shed a lot of minutes for KG, Pierce and Allen.
Boston Celtics will win the NBA Championship
Watching The Celtics last night, I have to say I am very, very impressed. Rondo has literally taken leadership of this team
So you were impressed with their loss to the Magic without their starting PG? I think the Celtics are showing their age this year. I am still sticking with the Cavs because they are starting to play better every game especially since adding Hickson to the starting lineup. I think about midway through the season, you will see Artest hurt the Lakers more than he helps. He still wants to be in the spotlight.
Boston if they stay healthy. Otherwise, Kobe is going for number 5 baby!

CAVS HAVE NO CHANCE! LEBRON SUCKS!
lol yeah he sucks.. mvp at age 24.. already considered the greatest small forward of all time.. pretty much single handily took the cavs to the finals in 06.. youngest to score 14,000 points.. nba all star mvp.. scoring champion 2 years ago.. almost averages a triple double.. wow he does suck
runninrebs21 Wrote:So you were impressed with their loss to the Magic without their starting PG? I think the Celtics are showing their age this year. I am still sticking with the Cavs because they are starting to play better every game especially since adding Hickson to the starting lineup. I think about midway through the season, you will see Artest hurt the Lakers more than he helps. He still wants to be in the spotlight.

You don't have to win to see a teams success, you would certainly understand that, right :eyeroll:
Dallas will take it.
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:I am taking the Cavs and what was funny was its the first half of the first game of the season and nobody had scored over 20 points yet and all you could here was the cavs fans chanting MVP, MVP,MVP

runninrebs21 Wrote:Even though they lost tonight because of a very bad game, I am taking LeBron and the Cavs. It will just take them a month or so of real games to get used to Shaq. And also for Anthony Parker and Jamario Moon to get used to the system. I see it being a rematch of the 2006 finals, with the Spurs and Cavs, and the Cavs winning in 6 games!

phoeniXX Wrote:I think it will be another great Celtic and Laker final, with the Lakers winning back to back championships.

Can't wait to see Lebron and Howard in the dunkoff this season..

PC_You_Know Wrote:Not too concerned about this season. Looking forward to the Lebron dunkfest at All-Star break.

dore20 Wrote:Cleveland Cavs baby

J-Rod Wrote:Cleveland Baby!

Its to bad the Dunk contest never happened.
Orlando Magic, how can everyone overlook them right now?
PHS#1 Wrote:Dallas will take it.

LOL! Yep!
CAVILERS and KING JAMES will take it
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
theVILLE Wrote:CAVILERS and KING JAMES will take it

This, another wrong prediction by ville!
K_Mac Wrote:Boston if they stay healthy. Otherwise, Kobe is going for number 5 baby!

CAVS HAVE NO CHANCE! LEBRON SUCKS!

Both my teams still in it! Enough said!
Oh lord.

We may never see the ville again.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Oh lord.

Lol I look forward to seeing his excuse.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Oh lord.

Let's cross our fingers on that.
And to the thread topic. Same story different year. Lakers in 5 over the Magic.
Aslan Wrote:Let's cross our fingers on that.
And to the thread topic. Same story different year. Lakers in 5 over the Magic.

Now Aslan...:dontthink
dore20 Wrote:Cleveland Cavs baby

is not the Cavs!

Just kidding.. I want Orlando to win, but I want to say if they don't come out of the East... Then hope Celtics bring home another with Pierce as MVP.. He deserves it after being there for so long.
The Boston Celtics.

Why?

Because they'll have beat 2 of the Top 4 teams in the NBA (counting themselves as one), in just the Eastern Conference playoffs. Also they will have beat the Top 3 teams in the east by record on their way to the finals.

The Lakers will have beat the 8 seed, 5 seed, and 2 seeds in the west. While the Celtics will have beat the 1, 2, and 3 seeds in the east.

We all remember what happened to the Lakers the last time they played the Celtics in the finals, 4-2 if i'm not mistaken and got beat by around 40 in the clinching game. And the Celtics now have a much-improved Rondo.

The Lakers do have Ron Artest now, but they also have Bynum (messed up knee), that will have to run the floor with Garnett, Perkins, Davis, etc.
Celtics over the Lakers. A healthy Garnett allows Boston interior to contain LA's
This is just step 2 of the Lakers 3 peat.
Hopefully the celtics can make my post true!
Aslan Wrote:This is just step 2 of the Lakers 3 peat.

I actually hope you right. I said something like this in some thread or another.