Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2010 NBA Champion is.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
NBA kicks off tonight, and we have had no conversation about the NBA thus far. Lot's of blockbuster transactions over the Winter: Shaq to the Cavs; Vince to Orlando; Sheed to Boston; Artest to the Lakers. Who brings home the champsionship in 2010.

We will post on this for a few weeks and then revisit later in the year.
I'm sticking with the Cavs. Lebron has the motivation this year. Mo Williams with a year under his belt should be able to run this team. The obvious change is Shaq. Shaq is not the answer, but he gives them the dominance inside now to ensure that Boston and Orlando can't push the weaker Cav frontline around anymore. When Cleveland gets out to run, bringing Ilgasgus, is really is an overgrown Power Forward, should give them the depth that they need.

I'm looking for the Cavs to get their first and ONLY NBA championship (because Lebron will be gone after this year).
Im taking the Celtics as long as Kg can stay healthy, I think powe went to the cavs which is a huge + for them. so who knows.
that was a nasty block lebron had on rondo
I really like the Vince to Orlando deal.

But im gonna go with the Lakers
I am taking the Cavs and what was funny was its the first half of the first game of the season and nobody had scored over 20 points yet and all you could here was the cavs fans chanting MVP, MVP,MVP
Even though they lost tonight because of a very bad game, I am taking LeBron and the Cavs. It will just take them a month or so of real games to get used to Shaq. And also for Anthony Parker and Jamario Moon to get used to the system. I see it being a rematch of the 2006 finals, with the Spurs and Cavs, and the Cavs winning in 6 games!
Celtics vs. Lakers -- Lakers win again!
I think it will be another great Celtic and Laker final, with the Lakers winning back to back championships.

Can't wait to see Lebron and Howard in the dunkoff this season..
Lakers
Im Taking the Celtics as long as KG stays healthy
Celtics..Such great team chemistry..I love what they Lakers done in signing Artest..Love him or hate him..HE IS A BALLPLAYER!
Such a Phil Jackson like move too..Same scenario in signing Rodman in Chicago..Look what it done with them and how much he helped..Can see the same thing with Artest..
im taking the lakers. simply because artest is hungry for a championship and im sure he will do whatever he can to get it. this will probably be derek fisher's last year and im sure kobe will want to give d-fish something good to go out on. GO LAKERS!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Such a Phil Jackson like move too..Same scenario in signing Rodman in Chicago..Look what it done with them and how much he helped..Can see the same thing with Artest..

Same thing I thought of after the signing
I have to say that the champ will come out of the eastern conference in either the Celtics or the Cavs. I think the Lakers will pretty much dominate the Western Conference but will fall to the Celtics or Cavs in the Finals.
Not too concerned about this season. Looking forward to the Lebron dunkfest at All-Star break.
Cleveland Cavs baby
dore20 Wrote:Cleveland Cavs baby

Your cavs not looking so well losing 2 in a row
^ It's a long season
Stardust Wrote:^ It's a long season

Plenty of room for more losses.
Boston Celtics over the LA Lakers.

The Cavs have not looked good this season thus far.
Orlando is gonna be really tough. VC, Nelson, Howard.
San Antonio is now reserchent with Richard Jefferson.

So its going to be an awesome NBA playoffs come next spring
Cavs lack another shooter..Shaq is just a name now....It is simple with the Cavs..You stop Lebron..You win..Let him score his 43 a night while the rest of the team puts up 44.
Cavs should have went after Hedo Turkoglu (sp). A great shooter that would have been GOLDEN for Lebron!
^ They did, pretty hefty offer as well. Hedo would not have controlled the ball because of Mo. Hedo needs the ball in his hand in order to create, and a man his size, he can make passes that guards could never make. But to Mo's credit, he is the type of guy that can push and run the way that Bron needs the game to revolve around.

For the Cav's, it's rotation. Because of preseason illness, the Cavs have not been able to work into a playing groove with all the new players. They are trying to find themselves during the first two weeks of the season.
^ West being Bi-Polar doesnt help them at all either.
Celtics vs Spurs
Celtics= Champs
Cleveland Baby!
Guys Cleveland has 80 games left, I am pretty sure they have time. It will take a while to get used to playing with Shaq, and I still look for them to make a move or 2 before the trade deadline, HOPEFULLY get Stephen Jackson from the Warriors as he has said he wants to be traded to the Cavs. If you add him, Cleveland will have the other shooter they need, the long defender they need, and someone to take pressure off LeBron. I still see them winning this year.
I will pick three teams that will probably be in the championship game: Celtics, Lakers, Cavaliers.

My dark horse is....Portland Trail Blazers. You heard it here first. I don't honestly think they will win but if they get to the title game, I wont be suprised.
Pages: 1 2