Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Track and Field
so will paintsville be anything this year in the track and field events?
since when did paintsville beat out central in most track events? and if they did what were they?
Yeah really, I never recall Paintsville EVER beating us!
i never knew of paintsville to have much of anything
Does betsy layne have a good track team
:Third: So many times track and field gets lost behind other sports such as football, basketball, baseball, etc.....people don't see it as an important sport. Track and field is also a tough sport. You really have to enjoy running and pushing yourself more each day. You may be fast but you won't get faster unless you push yourself and train harder every day. Your endurance won't last without that extra push each day. You have to have a strong drive to win to be a runner. You also have to be strong mentally. Track shows you what you can and can't do. Only the strong survive. You compete against yourself, can you take it? You have to have the "I can" attitude. It is a really tough sport, not for sissies.
"syoung" Wrote::Third: So many times track and field gets lost behind other sports such as football, basketball, baseball, etc.....people don't see it as an important sport. Track and field is also a tough sport. You really have to enjoy running and pushing yourself more each day. You may be fast but you won't get faster unless you push yourself and train harder every day. Your endurance won't last without that extra push each day. You have to have a strong drive to win to be a runner. You also have to be strong mentally. Track shows you what you can and can't do. Only the strong survive. You compete against yourself, can you take it? You have to have the "I can" attitude. It is a really tough sport, not for sissies.

Good Post. I agree 100%.
Any predictions about Magoffin's Track Team this year? I heard they have a lot of new runners with a lot of talent.
^^weve got sum pretty good runners 2 of them are cameron jayne and phillip francis but there is alot that are planning on runnin...but who knows
Ron has a great chance of winning state this year... If you look, who can keep up with him in the 100m?  I dont see anyone beating him from the mountains.
I think that the leslie co track team will win all the way with 50 cent, slimshady, and Dr. Dre aka the dynmatic three
I predict Shelby Valley to have two state champions in girls' track events in 2006

Laura Perkins - 800 meters

Sally Roberts - 400 meter dash

Both did exceptionally well last year at state and have their eyes on the gold!
Pike Central has some very good young talent this year.  This should be a good year for PC track and field.
hornet32 Wrote:Any predictions about Magoffin's Track Team this year? I heard they have a lot of new runners with a lot of talent.

Idk i have never watch our track team... i know some people on iit but never went to any matchs or nothing..
Paintsville beat Johnson Central last night in track, includin Ron Blume
JC Mando Man Wrote:Ron has a great chance of winning state this year... If you look, who can keep up with him in the 100m?  I dont see anyone beating him from the mountains.

I beleive a boy from Paintsville beat him last night in the 100M. I haven't seen the results so I'm not sure, maybe somebody can let us know.
The official results are out and Stuart Lips from Paintsville beat Ron Blume with a time of 11.46. Blume ran 11.58. Paintsville also won the 400m with Kyle Bass running 56.7; 1600M with Aaron Cox running 5.19; 3200M with Aaron Cox 11.49.85. Paintsville also won the 4 x 100, 4 x 200, 4 x 400 and 4 x 800. There were no field events last night but Paintsville does have Adam Cummings who is throwing consistently over 48 feet in the shot (he recently won Mason Dixon games and Appalachian Classic). Paintsville has a strong track team this year and should send several members to the state finals. Good Luck Tigers! Meet results and rankings can be found (excluding last night) on kytrackxc.com :letsparty
Saleen_Insanity Wrote:I think Ron Blume will go all the way this year, theres noone that can keep up with him now that david jones is at uk
I beg to differ..... Stuart Lips from Paintsville can keep up and even pass him!!!!:letsparty
matilda Wrote:I beg to differ..... Stuart Lips from Paintsville can keep up and even pass him!!!!:letsparty
Ron Blume and Stuart Lips will not run against each other at state. Paintsville is "A" and Central is "AAA".
M.V.P. Wrote:Mosley from AC is Tops in single A last year was her first year back after an injury (that had kept her out for 3 years) but i think last year was her "building year" this year i think she had a good chance of winning, i know her work ethic is very large

I agree :Thumbs:
SamuelAdams Wrote:Ron Blume and Stuart Lips will not run against each other at state. Paintsville is "A" and Central is "AAA".
What does that have to do with the price of eggs in china?Rolleyes
matilda Wrote:What does that have to do with the price of eggs in china?Rolleyes

I was simply pointing out that the earlier qoute about Blume going all the way this year now that Jones is no longer here is probalby true. Lips can not keep him from going all the way because they do not compete in the same class. If they did yes Lips would probably beat him, but since they are in different classes it does not matter a hill of beans, except for home town bragging rights.
That may have been a bad day for Blume. I talked to him and he said Lips beat him straight up----he made no excuses. But, after talking with teammates and his coach, that could have been a bad day. Plus, who knew that Lips was this fast???!!! :yikes: It is true what they say about track speed and football speed, they ARE two different things. Look back to the Apple Bowl---no one on the field, not even Lips, could keep up with Blume on the field, but on the track, Lips is right there.

It should be fun to watch these two agan in the future. After the 4x100m relay, they shook hands and hugged because Blume began the last leg of the relay 5 or 6 meters behind and lost again by a half a step. Both were laughing and enjoying themselves.
hello, i'm from letcher central and running track is one of my favorite things to do
its indiviluliazed; which i really like
i tnink the cougars will do well these season .
good luck cougars and good luck to everyone else :flame:
go cougars
yes. i love T&F. done it all four years in h.s. too bad now you can't hardly get one person to participate in anything.