Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Track and Field
Is anyone on this site interested in track/field?

If so--what team are you interested in?

Will there be any state champions from the Mountains this year?
Hey--
yeah I'm interested...I run for Pikeville so that's who I cheer for
I dunno... For the guys Chase Huffman's got a pretty good 100m time...as does Max Pafunda
but indoor practice started today so guess we'll just wait and see about how it all turns out*
Lawrence Co is in the process of getting the track redone., they just tore up the black top today
i look for southwesterns power house sprinters to win the 4x4 relay, with daulton running a 52, mitchell running a 53, sears running a 55-54, and pruett running a 51-50 i look for these boys to be a success, and beat out tates creek and st. x for the state championship this june..lookout for the warriors relay team when you run with them, cause if you dont get ahead of them, they will take the win away...
I think Ron Blume will go all the way this year, theres noone that can keep up with him now that david jones is at uk
yea im interested in track i throw shot for magoffin so i guess im cheering for them
ron blume will defintialy make it 2 state in the 100m idk if he will win it
Lynn Camp has a good track team returning a state qualifiying team in two relays, (4X100) and (4x200) and Mills also Qualified for the (400) at state. Lc should be the region favorites in the sprint realys and may have a shot at the 4X400. Individually look for Chaffin in 100 and Long Jump, Roskopf in the 200, and Mills in the 400 again to all make it to state, while winning the region.
"southwesternwarrior" Wrote:i look for southwesterns power house sprinters to win the 4x4 relay, with daulton running a 52, mitchell running a 53, sears running a 55-54, and pruett running a 51-50 i look for these boys to be a success, and beat out tates creek and st. x for the state championship this june..lookout for the warriors relay team when you run with them, cause if you dont get ahead of them, they will take the win away...

Sounds like a fast goup of runners, hard to find for this race in most high schools.
cookie_munster..u sound like a ****** to me...but i dunno..u act like u go to lc
im a runner for russell track and field is like my favorite thing, i run the 800 meter and the 4by8
"Saleen_Insanity" Wrote:I think Ron Blume will go all the way this year, theres noone that can keep up with him now that david jones is at uk

ok there buddy...RON BLUME?????.....he is one quick runner, but southwesterns ryan pruett messed around with him in the 200m last year and let him get ahead of him....pruett it a chaser, pruett wont let blume get ahead of him this year, he will put him away in the 200m....i look for pruett to run in the mid 22's this year....and pull off a state championship in the 4x4, best of luck trying to stop him.....
"southwesternwarrior" Wrote:i look for southwesterns power house sprinters to win the 4x4 relay, with daulton running a 52, mitchell running a 53, sears running a 55-54, and pruett running a 51-50 i look for these boys to be a success, and beat out tates creek and st. x for the state championship this june..lookout for the warriors relay team when you run with them, cause if you dont get ahead of them, they will take the win away...
Lets think about this one for a minute:
52+53+54+50 = 3:31 (Best case scenario)
That isn't close to getting the job done.

If you had something like:
51+51+51+50 = 3:23
It would be a little more realistic. Think of it last year:
1. Tates Creek (with 3/4 back this year) 3:23
2. Seneca (1/4) 3:24.94
3. Cov Cath (2/4) 3:27
4. Daviess Co (2/4) 3:28
5. Henderson Co (3/4) 3:28
6. St. X (3/4) 3:29
7. John Hardin (3/4) 3:30
8. Eastern (1/4) 3:31
9. Henry Clay (1/4) 3:33
I don't see a state championship in the near future for Southwestern. I see X, Daviess, John Hardin and a few others with the juice.
Are there any distance threats in the mountains this year?
"southwesternwarrior" Wrote:ok there buddy...RON BLUME?????.....he is one quick runner, but southwesterns ryan pruett messed around with him in the 200m last year and let him get ahead of him....pruett it a chaser, pruett wont let blume get ahead of him this year, he will put him away in the 200m....i look for pruett to run in the mid 22's this year....and pull off a state championship in the 4x4, best of luck trying to stop him.....

Looks like I'll be the one trying to stop him. :Thumbs: I will have more burst in that 2nd 100 meters than last year, I gurantee you that.

And by the way, I WILL go to state but I won't win it, not in 3 A. Too many fast guys from those Lexington and Louisville schools.

But good luck to Pruett, I like the kid, but competition is competition any way you look at it.
#17--did you ever think of moving up in distance?

In NKY, we realized (at least our team did) that we would never have the juice to win the 100 or the 200, so we started to put more kids into things like the 400/800.

Think about it like this--you have great speed, even as a sprinter, but--if you can develop your lungs (which shouldn't be a problem for an athlete like you), and combine solid training with your speed--you put your self in a position to be a national level runner.

Keep an open mind. If more kids would be open minded about harder training (especially ones with speed) they could turn out to be GREAT middle distance runners.

If you decide that you want to do it--let me know.
"KentuckyHillBilly5321" Wrote:#17--did you ever think of moving up in distance?

In NKY, we realized (at least our team did) that we would never have the juice to win the 100 or the 200, so we started to put more kids into things like the 400/800.

Think about it like this--you have great speed, even as a sprinter, but--if you can develop your lungs (which shouldn't be a problem for an athlete like you), and combine solid training with your speed--you put your self in a position to be a national level runner.

Keep an open mind. If more kids would be open minded about harder training (especially ones with speed) they could turn out to be GREAT middle distance runners.

If you decide that you want to do it--let me know.

Yeah, I was actually thinking of running the 400m. And now that you bring it to my attention, during practices, I'll go ahead and train for the 800 to develop my lungs. That is my problem with the 200m, I tend to run out of air the last 35m or so. That was what killed me at state and regionals too. Thanks a lot HillBilly!!! You've really helped me here! :thanks:
"JCRunningMachine#17" Wrote:Looks like I'll be the one trying to stop him. :Thumbs: I will have more burst in that 2nd 100 meters than last year, I gurantee you that.

And by the way, I WILL go to state but I won't win it, not in 3 A. Too many fast guys from those Lexington and Louisville schools.

But good luck to Pruett, I like the kid, but competition is competition any way you look at it.

you sound like ron blume to me lol...blume is awesome....really hard guy to beat lol...but pruetts time is down to the 22's and he keeps training everyday he is out on that track pushin himself harder and harder each day..
"KentuckyHillBilly5321" Wrote:Lets think about this one for a minute:

I don't see a state championship in the near future for Southwestern. I see X, Daviess, John Hardin and a few others with the juice.

well...sounds to me like you dont have any faith in our country boys....southwesterns top sprinters pruett and daulton and mitchell wont let them black boys get that shipfrom them....they push them selves, and i look for there times to get quicker and quicker, come out to the uk high school invi next month and the mason dixon games and watch what these boys can do....they will really put a shock on you..
I love track and field, i think it is wonderful. i am a short distance runner (100 and 200) but my times are always in the 12-13's in the 100 and 26-27s in the 200.
"southwesternwarrior" Wrote:well...sounds to me like you dont have any faith in our country boys....southwesterns top sprinters pruett and daulton and mitchell wont let them black boys get that shipfrom them....they push them selves, and i look for there times to get quicker and quicker, come out to the uk high school invi next month and the mason dixon games and watch what these boys can do....they will really put a shock on you..

Okay--no offense--but this "country boy" crap has to go. Location has absolutely NOTHING to do with running. The runners with the most speed, endurance, talent win. It is that simple.

The worst part is--I never made any comments as to geography--I backed my answer up with facts. Apparently--that isn't good enough for you.

I have coached my fair share of state champions in the past few years. I have a feeling that I know what I am talking about.

As far as the UK Invite goes--be careful what you wish for. Daviess County has historically shown up for this meet with plenty of juice.

As far as underestimating your "country boys" (since when is Pulaski County, which contains the CITY of Somerset--how is that the country?), I never did anything remotely similar. Sorry if I seriously doubt that your team can SHOCK the state with runners who need to make VAST improvements before they win the state championship.

Also--it is obvious that you know very little about the powerhouse teams in this state. "blackboys" what in the world is that? Like that matters. You still have to race against them. After all--they are in the state. And again--you obviously know NOTHING about these teams.

Daviess Co, St. X, Trinity, Cov Cath are all of the "lighter" skinned variety of runners. (Again--like that matters to begin with--and it sounds close to a borderline comment if you ask me). Have some class.

The best part of this is that we have 2 girls on our team that run faster than 54.00's in the 400. But you think that is going to help you win a state championship? Ha, ha, ha!

LOOK AT THE NUMBERS AGAIN--THEY COME DIRECTLY FROM THE KHSAA WEBSITE. IT IS FACTUAL DATA.

Reality is a good thing. At the very least--you will have some clue as to what you are up against.:lame::please::nope::wtf1::lmao::boo:
"southwesternwarrior" Wrote:you sound like ron blume to me lol...blume is awesome....really hard guy to beat lol...but pruetts time is down to the 22's and he keeps training everyday he is out on that track pushin himself harder and harder each day..

Pruett's a great kid and I can't wait until the matchup at Regionals. Win or lose, it will be a fun battle!
uhh dude that was last year... im running a 51 now pruetts gotten even faster TW has gotten down to a 51 and ill say daulton will have lower than 51 like a 49... oh and we got 4/4 coming back..including year round conditioning.. :Glasses:
51+51+50+49=3:21

"KentuckyHillBilly5321" Wrote:Lets think about this one for a minute:

"Im_a_wuh_wuh_waterboy_DUR" Wrote:uhh dude that was last year... im running a 51 now pruetts gotten even faster TW has gotten down to a 51 and ill say daulton will have lower than 51 like a 49... oh and we got 4/4 coming back..including year round conditioning.. :Glasses:
51+51+50+49=3:21

Again--it doesn't count until it happens on the track.

I am REAL sorry--but you are going to have to let your legs do the talking before anyone is going to take this mess seriously.

And again--I seriously doubt that, all of the sudden, your entire team improves to such a tremendous level. Especially considering the fact that Southwestern isn't the track powerhouse that you guys claim.

Your comments amuse me. DO SOMETHING ON THE TRACK--then we will believe you.
i kno the comment "them black boys" is extremly wrong.. that isnt how SW is that is very racist and unacceptable! no matter what you are white, black, hispanic, big, tall, fat, short your still children of God and should never be discriminated against like that... excuse "southwesternwarrior" because that is NOT how we are down here. and to you "southwesternwarrior" you are an embarrasment to the SW athletic department and and to the track team.. lets just hope those "black boys" will forgive you...
once again i am extremly sorry for this... it WONT happen again
Johnson centrel
"Tough Turf" Wrote:Johnson centrel

Ron Blume
SOUTHWESTERN...

Ryan Pruett 2006 Region Champ 100m, 4x100m, 200m, 4x400m, State Champ 4x400m

cant touch him...one fast white boy
Mosley from AC is Tops in single A last year was her first year back after an injury (that had kept her out for 3 years) but i think last year was her "building year" this year i think she had a good chance of winning, i know her work ethic is very large
Paintsville will be pretty good this year, they beat out johnson central in most of the track events last year, and will definetly give pikevilel a run for their money
What kind of runnerd do paintsville have? i never remembered them having much of a team in the past..
"southwesternwarrior" Wrote:SOUTHWESTERN...

Ryan Pruett 2006 Region Champ 100m, 4x100m, 200m, 4x400m, State Champ 4x400m

cant touch him...one fast white boy

He MAY win one out of the 100m and 200m, but I GURANTEE he WILL NOT win both. Confusedhithappe