Poll: Who wins this one?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Boyle County
62.86%
Christian County
37.14%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County @ Christian County 10/30
Again we can go on and on about a teams schedule. If you look at the beginning of the year Boyle had one of the toughtest schedules out. We know how good Danville, Pikeville, JC, and Rock were going to be. But it did not turn out that way. So it makes Boyle schedule look not so good now. Being these team where down, Boyle was suppose to win big and they have. Now I'm not taking anything away from CC, because the are a good team. I am only going by what I know and have heard. That this is my opinion.
MiddlesboroAlumni Wrote:Yeah I agree since 4A is a much tougher class than 5A. :eyeroll:

Terrible argument.

IMO 4A is tougher than 5A. No one will beat Highlands, while 4A it up in the air. You did pick us to win 10,001 to 0 :eyeroll:
cuppett777 Wrote:no way boyle beats them by that much if they even beat them,they may do that but i grant you it wont be by much.:please:

I think you will be suprised.
I was looking at the massey ratings earlier,and there is tab above the ratings that says matchups click on it,and you can pick the teams you want to play each other.i picked Boyle county and Christian county,and the computer picked Boyle to win 28 to 12.evidently we Boyle county fans have a reason to think Boyle will win.
Jack Lambert Wrote:I was looking at the massey ratings earlier,and there is tab above the ratings that says matchups click on it,and you can pick the teams you want to play each other.i picked Boyle county and Christian county,and the computer picked Boyle to win 28 to 12.evidently we Boyle county fans have a reason to think Boyle will win.

thats not the 4-5 tds you are saying that boyle will win by and those rating mean what?
Jack Lambert Wrote:If Boyle dosent win by at least 28,ill be the first to say i was wrong and under estimated CC,or over estimated Boyle,but if Boyle does win by at least 28 ill be the first to say i told you so.:Thumbs::Thumbs::

if they do and cc has all there players,i will eat crow and say you told me so, i hear they may have a couple startes outTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho
TrueRebel88 Wrote:Just went on KHSAA web site and pulled up some stats. For CC it only goes thru 8 games. This is for 5A.
Ranked 12th in total defense with 128 yards agame and 16 points agame.
Ranked 7th in rushing defense 1054 yards 132 agame.
Ranked 6th in passing defense 577 yards 72 agame.
Offense is not ranked in the top 15.

Boyle Co. stats only go thru 7 games, so West and East Jess. game not included.
Ranked 1st in total defense 64 points 9.1 agame.
Ranked 1st in total offense 328 points 46.9 agame.
Ranked 1st in scoring margin 37.8 agame.
Ranked 2nd in Rushing defense 338 yards 47 agame (only to West Jess. 332 yards 47 agame) does not included last to games.
Ranked 6th in rushing offense 298 yards agame.
Ranked 4th in passing offense 977 yards 140 agame.
i dont think boyle stats would be like that against the teams cc has played,they have played franklin tn, ranked in there class,bowling green,oaklan tn,owensboro,thats 4 really good teams,plus madisonville,who has a good defense but not much offense,any of those teams can beat body boyle has played,maybe expect madisonville.
cuppett777 Wrote:thats not the 4-5 tds you are saying that boyle will win by and those rating mean what?

Not talking about the ratings,i was talking about the matchup section which i didnt know they had untill last night.if the website picked Boyle by 16 pts then you would think Boyle should be favord as we have said all week.it may not be the 4 to 5 tds i said they would win by,but like it or not Boyle is the favorite on paper going in.I still think my prediction can happen it may not. if not it wont be the first time i have been wrong,and it wont be the last.In the past teams from the western part of the state have not been as strong as teams from rest of the state you can look at state tiltes won,and see what im talking about.I honestly believe Boyle will win by a very comfortable margin the only thing that will change my mind is the score of tonights game.
Boyle countys jounior class is the best they have had in a while,as freshman they went to Louisville,and beat trinity,this group of kids has lost only 1 or 2 games since they were seventh graders and has played some stiff competition over the years.this Boyle team is as good as advertised.regardless of there schedule this year i think you will be very impressed with what kind of team they have tonight.as for the schedule some of the teams we have played have had down years.if Danville,Johnson Central,Mercer,Lafayette,and Rock Castle would have played up to expectations we wouldnt be talking about Boyle having a weak schedule.it would be just the oppisite.good luck to both teams tonight,regardless of the score i hope they both come out healthy.
We can talk about this for a long time, about who will win or not. Like most of have said, we are going on only what we have heard about each team. If you look at stats and everything that is in the papers Boyle is favorite to win. I would like to see teams from the east play team from west more often. We do not get to see many of the teams from the west play. So we can only go by what we hear. I know it is hard because of money for the schools to do it. But it would be great to get to play about 2 times from the west each year. I think the only way now is in bowl games. But I look for a good game tonite and hope both teams come out of the game with no injuries. Good luck to both teams. GO REBELS
Boyle wins 36-14.
I guess I'm the only rebel fan who thinks this game will be very difficult. With the long drive and the rain I feel this could be very close.
I'm confident in the Rebels, I just don't see a huge blowout occuring. I see about a 14-0 or 14-7 halftime score and the Rebels notch 2 more TD's after half to make it a 28-7 final.
64black&gold Wrote:I guess I'm the only rebel fan who thinks this game will be very difficult. With the long drive and the rain I feel this could be very close.

After last weeks weather i wouldnt worry about the rain,cause we definately got a bunch of mudders.
Rebel55 Wrote:IMO 4A is tougher than 5A. No one will beat Highlands, while 4A it up in the air. You did pick us to win 10,001 to 0 :eyeroll:

MiddlesboroAlumni Wrote:Yeah I agree since 4A is a much tougher class than 5A. :eyeroll:

Terrible argument.

Take away Highlands and 4A is MUCH tougher top to bottom than 5A. Boyle, Bell, Lex Cath, and probably Lone Oak could win 5A if you take Highlands out of the equation. Not even close.

Now get back on topic!
64black&gold Wrote:I guess I'm the only rebel fan who thinks this game will be very difficult. With the long drive and the rain I feel this could be very close.

I'm with you 64 :Thumbs:

Rebel55 Wrote:IMO we are in the fight for our lifes this weekend and I just hope to come home with a win and no injuries.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Boyle countys jounior class is the best they have had in a while,as freshman they went to Louisville,and beat trinity,this group of kids has lost only 1 or 2 games since they were seventh graders and has played some stiff competition over the years.this Boyle team is as good as advertised.regardless of there schedule this year i think you will be very impressed with what kind of team they have tonight.as for the schedule some of the teams we have played have had down years.if Danville,Johnson Central,Mercer,Lafayette,and Rock Castle would have played up to expectations we wouldnt be talking about Boyle having a weak schedule.it would be just the oppisite.good luck to both teams tonight,regardless of the score i hope they both come out healthy.

i agree with you i hope both teams come out healthy, i will be listening to it on radio,i am gun ho belfry fan,i was just saying cc is better than what people giving them credit, and i know boyle is tuff,just dont thin they will put a beat down on them like they have the other teams they faced..TongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho
Does anyone know what time this game will start Boyle county time ive been told 7:00,7:30,and 8:00?I cant go but i want to listen to it on the radio.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Does anyone know what time this game will start Boyle county time ive been told 7:00,7:30,and 8:00?I cant go but i want to listen to it on the radio.

8 eastern, 7 central was what was relayed to me. Team buses (charter) were supposed to leave at 12:30.
If anyone thinks Boyle is going to play half speed because this game doesnt effect the playoffs your wrong! This game is very important to them because if they knock off CC then that will be some big confidence going into the post season for them. Also it will be a clear message to the competition that they are peaking. On another note anyone who thinks it will be a blowout on either side of the field is wrong. This will be a good game for both teams and the perfect gauge of whats to come in the playoffs! Great scheduling by both programs and good luck to both!
backinblack2003 Wrote:8 eastern, 7 central was what was relayed to me. Team buses (charter) were supposed to leave at 12:30.

Thanks for the info.:Thumbs:
TrueRebel88 Wrote:We can talk about this for a long time, about who will win or not. Like most of have said, we are going on only what we have heard about each team. If you look at stats and everything that is in the papers Boyle is favorite to win. I would like to see teams from the east play team from west more often. We do not get to see many of the teams from the west play. So we can only go by what we hear. I know it is hard because of money for the schools to do it. But it would be great to get to play about 2 times from the west each year. I think the only way now is in bowl games. But I look for a good game tonite and hope both teams come out of the game with no injuries. Good luck to both teams. GO REBELS

I still have to disagree with you on the stats comment. You also have to look at what teams they put those stats up on and I think if CC would have played your schedule that their stats would be better too. Or, if you would have played CC's schedule, your stats would not be as good. That is just my opinion and we will see after tonight. I look for this to be a good game, Good Luck to both teams.