Poll: Who wins this one?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Boyle County
62.86%
Christian County
37.14%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County @ Christian County 10/30
BluegrassBuckeye Wrote:Finally, a voice of reason. Go ahead logmountainboy64; draw upon your first hand knowledge of Christian County and Boyle County football to tell us how it's going to be. Dispense with the punctuation and spell check too as that just gets in the way.

I will say though that at least he's giving us a reason. :rockon:
Hatz Wrote:I will say though that at least he's giving us a reason. :rockon:

:lmao: I was thinking the same thing Hatz.
BluegrassBuckeye Wrote:Finally, a voice of reason. Go ahead logmountainboy64; draw upon your first hand knowledge of Christian County and Boyle County football to tell us how it's going to be. Dispense with the punctuation and spell check too as that just gets in the way.
what are you a freakin english teacher so what if they wasn't the right punctuations are a word was mispellled so what...NOT A BIG DEAL.....here i will put it a simple form so even you can understand...Christian County C-h-r-i-s-t-i-a-n c-o-u-n-t-y -28
Boyle county B-o-y-l-e C-o-u-n-t-y-21....hope you can understand this.....
logmountainboy64 Wrote:what are you a freakin english teacher so what if they wasn't the right punctuations are a word was mispellled so what...NOT A BIG DEAL.....here i will put it a simple form so even you can understand...Christian County C-h-r-i-s-t-i-a-n c-o-u-n-t-y -28

Honest question. If Bell Co. was playing Christian Co., a one-dimensional running team would you be predicting CC to score 28 points on your defense?
logmountainboy64 Wrote:what are you a freakin english teacher so what if they wasn't the right punctuations are a word was mispellled so what...NOT A BIG DEAL.....here i will put it a simple form so even you can understand...Christian County C-h-r-i-s-t-i-a-n c-o-u-n-t-y -28

Wow, that was worse than the first one!! :biggrin:

No, I've just been speaking English for a few years.
backinblack2003 Wrote:Honest question. If Bell Co. was playing Christian Co., a one-dimensional running team would you be predicting CC to score 28 points on your defense?

Excellent Question to ask. :popcorn:
of course not ........good luck to both teams tho
BluegrassBuckeye Wrote:Wow, that was worse than the first one!! :biggrin:

No, I've just been speaking English for a few years.
man you are on top of things.....that is sad that you let things like that get to you.....
logmountainboy64 Wrote:man you are on top of things.....that is sad that you let things like that get to you.....

It doesn't get to me. It get's to you... you keep responding.
logmountainboy64 Wrote:boyle will have there hands full with mcduffen the kid know how to play ball IMO he hold macshara to a low rushing game no more than 60 to 70 yards he defiantly willl not get 250 and 4 or 5 td's he might score twice ....

logmoutainboy,how many times have you seen this Mcduffen kid,and Christian county play this year,and just how good of a linebacker is he?
According to the KHSAA website, McDuffen has average 4.8 solo tackles and 1.1 assisted tackles, through the first 8 games. In a 7-6 defensive battle with Madisonville North Hopkins he had 3 total tackles, 0-1 passing, and 4 rushes for 10 yards. I'm sure he is a great player and a big part of Christian County's success. Law of averages says he will tackle Reese 5.9 times friday, but the other 15 or so rushes Mcduffen will meet McShara's main blocker......Mr. Dawson.
Jack Lambert Wrote:logmoutainboy,how many times have you seen this Mcduffen kid,and Christian county play this year,and just how good of a linebacker is he?

After a little more research i see Mcduffen mainly plays defensive end for CC.he is listed at 6 foot 3 205 lbs.
Boyle County wins by alot. :Cheerlead
I'll take Christian County by 2 touchdowns in this one.

Best of luck to both!
One thing that I think can't be overlooked for all these people predicting high scoring outcomes is the fact these are two teams very dependent on the ground game with pretty tough run defenses. I think the clock will be moving fast in this game and posessions will be limited.

So I predict 5 critical things:
1. Boyle wins the turnover battle
2. Christian's speed and athleticism limits Boyle's running game moreso than any other team this year because they limit the "Home Run".
3. Dawson plays a huge role in the outcome on both sides of the ball.
4. Boyle wins 28-17
5. Bell fans use the narrow margin of victory to justify how the Bobcats are better Big Grin
EKUAlum05 Wrote:One thing that I think can't be overlooked for all these people predicting high scoring outcomes is the fact these are two teams very dependent on the ground game with pretty tough run defenses. I think the clock will be moving fast in this game and posessions will be limited.

2. Christian's speed and athleticism limits Boyle's running game moreso than any other team this year because they limit the "Home Run".
4. Boyle wins 28-17
5. Bell fans use the narrow margin of victory to justify how the Bobcats are better Big Grin

:lmao:
EKUAlum05 Wrote:One thing that I think can't be overlooked for all these people predicting high scoring outcomes is the fact these are two teams very dependent on the ground game with pretty tough run defenses. I think the clock will be moving fast in this game and posessions will be limited.

4. Boyle wins 28-17

I hope Bell co. players aren't as ignorant as their fans. Not very classy at all.
bluegrassbuckeye Wrote:Unless i am really missing something i can't see how Christian County could win this game except for a complete breakdown on Boyle's part.

Christian County (6-3) doesn't score a lot of points (18.2 ppg) and gives up 15.8 ppg. against a modest schedule. According to the game stats and what video i could find, they appear to be pretty one dimensional and don't really pose much of a threat throwing the football. They have thrown for 100 yards just twice on the season and have had games of 0 yards and 12 yards. By losing three times this season and being in tight games in most of their six wins it doesn't appear that they don't want to throw, it's just that they can't throw. Defensively, they have given up at least 150 yards rushing four times this season including 156 to winless Ohio County and at least 225 yards twice including 247 to a 3-6 PRP team who they only beat 21-14.

Boyle County (9-0) on the other hand comes in scoring 47 points per game and averaging 319 yards on the ground and 119 yards passing per game. Tilted towards the run, but plenty of ability in the passing game. Although Boyle has faced tougher schedules than this seasons, i would say that Lexington Catholic, whom Boyle beat 21-13, would be favored over anyone Christian County has played except for maybe Oakland. Defensively, Boyle County has been nearly impossible to run on this season, giving up just 46 yards per game. The front four do such a good job of controlling the line of scrimmage and penetrating the backfield that the linebackers have free reign to move to the ball usually untouched. When trying to pass, opposing QBs are usually running for their life and rarely get set up in the pocket.

Prediction: Rees Macshara runs for 200+, Boone Goldsmith throws for a hundred more, Lamar Dawson makes 14 tackles, and Boyle County rolls 44-13.

Go rebels!! :1:

see above.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I'll take Christian County by 2 touchdowns in this one.

Best of luck to both!

I dont think CC will score two tds in this game.:dontthink:dontthink
Look for a few gadget plays in this game. Mason loves using them in games like these and it will make future playoff opponents prepare for something else.
Boyle County all the way! No one can beat these guys! maybe they should go ahead and give them trophy lol jk.

Don't know much about christian county. So i'm just pick boyle Cause the rebels are tough!:rockon:
I cannot out figure why everyone assumes C.C. will have more size,speed,and talent than Boyle,when they probably have not seen either team play.:dontthink:dontthink
Jack Lambert Wrote:I cannot out figure why everyone assumes C.C. will have more size,speed,and talent than Boyle,when they probably have not seen either team play.:dontthink:dontthink

According to one of your posts, you said you watched a video on them. Were they not huge, fast, and athletic? I'm pretty sure they looked it to me.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:According to one of your posts, you said you watched a video on them. Were they not huge, fast, and athletic? I'm pretty sure they looked it to me.

NO THEY DIDNT.they didnt look anymore huge,fast, and athletic than anyone we have played all season.i can think of 3 or 4 teams we have played that probably have more size than they do.on film they remind me of lafayette.we beat lafayette 48 to 6.
This will be a good game for Boyle before the playoffs. The Rebels will be ready. Boyle 42 Christian Co. 10
Go Rebs!!:Cheerlead:Cheerlead
wow i cant believe the poll. Boyle 38-14
I'm gonna pull a BlueGrassBuckeye and say Boyle County wins 10,000 to 0. :biggrin:
bchater Wrote:wow i cant believe the poll. Boyle 38-14

Yeah I agree. Who would have ever thought that Boyle County could actually be picked against?! :yikes:
bchater Wrote:wow i cant believe the poll. Boyle 38-14

Polls on these sites tend to have less to do with reality and more to do with "I want it to happen, therefore it willl."

:Thumbs:
Stadium info:

They play at Stadium of Champions which they share with Hopkinsville and it is natural grass.

Bell Co. in a landslide....eeerrrrr....the thread is Christian Co v. Boyle Co., stick to the thread subject