Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
16th Region Boys Tournament
Da_truf Wrote:South Laurel was the best team. While Poston(36 goals, 14 assists) is a great player, what helped him alot this year was teams couldn't hone in on him. This year they had to deal with Dustin Herron (14,21) who might I add was in the top 5 in the state in assists. Dylan Berry (5,6), when he was on offence he could shot or pass. John McClure (4,9) has had some great passes this year and scored a few while he was at is.(unfortunatly he has had hamstring problems the last few game). Tanner Chaney (9,1) has been a great freshman. And that is just what they did during the regular season. The team really shared the load. I have said it before this is one of South's best all-time teams and Poston can put his name up there with Bodager and LaBore.

South Laurel was the best team because they beat Corbin, now that I agree with. Poston may very well be the best player in the region(has a long way to go to be considered a D-1 player though), bur Berry is the heart of the team.
The one poster got my dander up by making ridiculous statements, some of which were not possible which I was trying to prove if I could have got him to answer my question. Good luck against Danville.
SEKYFAN Wrote:South Laurel was the best team because they beat Corbin, now that I agree with. Poston may very well be the best player in the region(has a long way to go to be considered a D-1 player though), bur Berry is the heart of the team.
The one poster got my dander up by making ridiculous statements, some of which were not possible which I was trying to prove if I could have got him to answer my question. Good luck against Danville.

I think Poston could play D1. He has another year to develope his game. I think there is actually a few players on that team given the right opprotunity and training that could play D1.
Da_truf Wrote:I think Poston could play D1. He has another year to develope his game. I think there is actually a few players on that team given the right opprotunity and training that could play D1.

I would like to see someone from the area play D-1, but after watching some college matches it is a huge jump from high school competition to the level that schools such as Cumberland, Lindsey Wilson, Campbellsville, etc play at and Div-1 is another jump from that level. If he went to a school such as Cumberland and really worked hard, he could probably get some varsity time by his sophomore or junior year.