Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
16th Region Boys Tournament
Pikeville vs Paintsville
Corbin vs. Letcher Central
Johnson Central vs South Laurel
Perry Central vs Shelby Valley

The Corbin vs. Letcher Central game should be a very good first round game. It appears to me that South Laurel got a very good draw for a runner-up team with Pikeville, Corbin and Letcher Central on the opposite side of the bracket. I think that Pikeville and Corbin will both win tonight and that South Laurel and Perry Central will also win tomorrow. The semifinals on Wednesday should be two very exciting games.
This should be a good tournement! South and Perry(if they both win in the first round) will be a good game if they have some good officials this time. In there last game a fight broke out because no calls were being made. Corbin should have an easy way to the final but who knows, I missed about half the district predictions and now who knows. Officiating is going to be a real key to these games and they can make or break a team. I don't think that any official that has any ties with any of the participating teams should be on the pitch. That is all I will say in regards to that.
Da_truf Wrote:This should be a good tournement! South and Perry(if they both win in the first round) will be a good game if they have some good officials this time. In there last game a fight broke out because no calls were being made. Corbin should have an easy way to the final but who knows, I missed about half the district predictions and now who knows. Officiating is going to be a real key to these games and they can make or break a team. I don't think that any official that has any ties with any of the participating teams should be on the pitch. That is all I will say in regards to that.

I think that Corbin will have a tough time with Letcher tonight and with Pikeville if they both make it that far. South Laurel and Perry Central will be like a powder keg if they play, knowing how much emotion both these teams play with and express at their games.
The reason I don't think Corbin will have trouble with LCC is that South scrimaged them and I am not sure of the final score but it was somewhere around 9-0. Then again it was a scrimage. Pikeville will be a better game. South and PCC will be one to watch just because of the way the last game ended. I think the refs will try to keep this one more in check. I do pick South winning in the finals against Corbin guessing the score to be 4-1. But I know the travel will affect both these teams where they have to go to pikeville to play where most of the teams are right in that area.
Everyone looks to be so set on South Laurel but ill tell you now Johnson Central has a very very good team. Have not saw South this year but traditonaly they are a strong team as well. I still like South but it probley wont be a cake walk.
I am not over looking Johnson Central. I have seen that they can play. I just don't think they can beat South Laurel. I honestly didn't think they would have gotten past Prestonsburg and that showed me that they could play. Then they beat Paintsville another game I thought they would have dropped. So no I am not over looking them. I don't think South Laurel is either.(I should hope not) I think Johnson Central had a bad draw. This is probably one of South Laurels 5 best all-time teams.(98 being the best) But we will see tommarow. I would be routing for JC if they weren't playing the Cards.
This tournament will be dominated by Corbin and South Laurel.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:This tournament will be dominated by Corbin and South Laurel.

I agree, but I wouldn't be surprised to see un upset!
Corbin beat LCC 4-1 and Pikeville beat Paintsville 4-0. I thought Corbin would have beaten LCC by a little more but this is the Region and teams step up!
Corbin and Pikeville should be a good game
Da_truf Wrote:Corbin and Pikeville should be a good game

I agree.
And I don't think that there will be to many dominating performances after the first round. The second round will be very evenly matched if PCC and SL make it through the first round.
Also, Johnson def should not be overlooked. They are tough, but in saying that PCC should also not look past Shelby Valley just yet. I know they are not very strong but this goes out to all teams...TAKE IT 1 GAME AT A TIME.
Da_truf Wrote:Corbin beat LCC 4-1 and Pikeville beat Paintsville 4-0. I thought Corbin would have beaten LCC by a little more but this is the Region and teams step up!

I think corbin started conserving and playing it safe the second half, they were up 3-0 with about 13 minutes left in the first half and was subbing alot. Probley playing it cautious no injuries or cards...Smart IMO
Good luck lcc
GRIFFIN Wrote:Good luck lcc

They were beat by Corbin last night 4-1
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:I think corbin started conserving and playing it safe the second half, they were up 3-0 with about 13 minutes left in the first half and was subbing alot. Probley playing it cautious no injuries or cards...Smart IMO

I thought Corbin would have had an easy way to go. It is smart to play that conservative. I wasn't at the game so I didn't know when or how they had scored the goals. They need to keep everyone with as fresh legs as possable because two more possable games int the next two days. Pikeville and whoever comes out of the other bracket (most likely South Laurel). Pikeville is a good team, but they again played in a weak district so who knows how good they really are. Not to take anything away from them that is not what I mean. They could come in and really shock some people. I am looking foward to seeing how the other bracket comes out. SL and PCC should be in the next round and I hope it is a good civil game.
Great season for the cougars. How many seniors are we loosing this year?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
South Laurel beat Johnson central 4-1
Can someone keep me updated on the PCC game.
PCC beat Shelby Valley 1-0!

South Laurel and PCC! Corbin and Pikeville.
Congrats PCC!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Lets hope they keep it clean this time. All thats at stake I dont think anyone wants tossed for future region/state matches.
Da_truf Wrote:PCC beat Shelby Valley 1-0!

South Laurel and PCC! Corbin and Pikeville.

I think that South Laurel will handle PCC, something like 4-1 unless South Laurel loses their composure and forgets about playing soccer.

Corbin and Pikeville will be very close. If Corbin starts out flat after the long bus trip, Pikeville may jump on them early. Corbin has had a tendency to hang their heads a little when the opposition gets a lead, so they may have to overcome a little adversity to make the finals. I think Corbin is the better team and has played the much tougher schedule and that will pay off for them tonight. Corbin 3 Pikeville 2
SEKYFAN Wrote:I think that South Laurel will handle PCC, something like 4-1 unless South Laurel loses their composure and forgets about playing soccer.

Corbin and Pikeville will be very close. If Corbin starts out flat after the long bus trip, Pikeville may jump on them early. Corbin has had a tendency to hang their heads a little when the opposition gets a lead, so they may have to overcome a little adversity to make the finals. I think Corbin is the better team and has played the much tougher schedule and that will pay off for them tonight. Corbin 3 Pikeville 2

I think South is pretty focused right now. I say this is because they really can't do the same old routine. Jeffery Poston is nursing a sore back(He played sweeper instead of Mid-field Last night). Do I think this is going to hurt them yes, but not as much as some may think. Poston is a great player, but South is so deep with talent they can get past it. Freshman Tanner Chaney stepped it up last night scoring his 11th goal on the year coupled by 2 assists and Dylan Berry returned to the offincive side of the ball scoring 2. Dustin Herron is always a threat to score. It will be interesting to see how this one goes. South Laurel 5 PCC 1

As far as the Corbin/Pikeville game goes. Corbin is in my opinion the better team. They will have a harder time with Pikeville than everyone thinks. But I say Corbin 3 Pikeville 1.
:Thumbs:Corbin 1 Pikeville 0 Corbin scored the golden goal in last minute of golden overtime. Beautiful played game ! Outstanding play both teams!!!! What a game!!!
You will NEVER see a better game than the Corbin v. Pikeville game tonight. Absolute insanity. 4 extra periods, Players cramping up, and an insane crowd/atmosphere. I'm so proud of the guys in maroon and white, several moments literally brought me to my knees tonight. The seniors for Pikeville had amazing career and almost ended it with a region crown or runner-up. It was too bad someone had to lose this one. Pikeville left their hearts on the field tonight and several other programs could learn how to do that. Great atmosphere and great game. Go Panthers!

And some Corbin kids may wanna hide the finger next game, pitiful.

Good Luck to Corbin and Great job Panthers!
Panther Thunder Wrote:You will NEVER see a better game than the Corbin v. Pikeville game tonight. Absolute insanity. 4 extra periods, Players cramping up, and an insane crowd/atmosphere. I'm so proud of the guys in maroon and white, several moments literally brought me to my knees tonight. The seniors for Pikeville had amazing career and almost ended it with a region crown or runner-up. It was too bad someone had to lose this one. Pikeville left their hearts on the field tonight and several other programs could learn how to do that. Great atmosphere and great game. Go Panthers!

And some Corbin kids may wanna hide the finger next game, pitiful.

Good Luck to Corbin and Great job Panthers!

Hey, both teams have to be proud of this one. I knew this would be a good one but I didn't expect this. It is sad that only one team out of the four that were left can go to state. They have all played solid this year. I guess I was off on the score too! LOL :Thumbs:
What kind of feeder program does Corbin have?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Any update on the PCC game?
cougarpride08 Wrote:What kind of feeder program does Corbin have?

What do you mean?
Middle school soccer!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!