Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 34 Sheldon Clark 13
We had the best student section of the year going last night, Which was great.
Matman Wrote:I agree about Hager being very emotional. Hes been like that as long as I've known him. I can be good but sometimes it can cause you teams to get carried away. However Matney left Hager with some very good players. Definately not bare.

You may be right. I was just referring to the first year that Shawn was head coach, SC wasn't very good.
Blackwater Wrote:Rule 6 Section 2 (ART 1) Defines a scimmage kick as a punt, drop kick, or place kick (field goal) from in or behind the neutral zone(line of scrimmage). (ART 2) Receiver may catach or recover in the field of play and advance unless a try for extra point. (ART 7) When any scrimmage kick is out of bounds between the goal lines or becomes dead inbounds while no player is in possession the ball is awarded to R (defensive team) at the spot where the ball becomes dead or at the spot where the ball went out-of-bounds.

That explanation really helps. I have seen lot, but I guess I had never seen a field goal attempt go out of bounds before getting to the end zone.
Belfry0304 Wrote:I also think Belfry's depth showed tonight. Chancey is a three year started at Center, but he got tossed and we did some rotating, Keegan Fields came in and played a great game. On the D-Line James Hardin and Chancey both played alot of DT, our depth allowed us to keep more good players out there. Timmy Lovern, a 2 or 3 year started (Anyone wanna let me know which?) was hurt, Josh Francis stepped in for him and did good.

Lovern is a 3 year starter for the pirates @ cornerback. Also is in the the backfield for the "Thomcat formation" . And if i'm wrong someone correct me, but I thought Chase Maynard filled in for Lovern @ cornerback?
If you want to see the fight that broke out...here is a link to the video http://www.wkyt.com/wymtsportsovertime

Who do you think started it? team and jersey number?
youdroppedsomething Wrote:If you want to see the fight that broke out...here is a link to the video http://www.wkyt.com/wymtsportsovertime

19 for Belfry recovered the fumble and 63 for SC tried to get the ball away. I believe this is where the first flag was thrown. In no way is this putting blame on anyone. I just listed the players initially involved at the end of the fumble.
Don't let it get out of hand.
youdroppedsomething Wrote:If you want to see the fight that broke out...here is a link to the video http://www.wkyt.com/wymtsportsovertime

did it say 12 players from sc got ejected or did i hear that wrong?
bucslover68 Wrote:I appreciate the apology, but I do not think it is needed. Emotion is a powerful tool and it has overwhelmed us all at times. I think we should just leave it with, "He who is without sin, cast the first stone." I really think the Cards need to do a couple of things to right their ship. First, they need to get healthy. Second, they need to decide who they are. Are they gonna line up and run two tight, or one tight and, one wide wishbone, or are they gonna be 4 wide spread? They do not seem to be consistent enough in the passing game to throw it too much. I think with their size and talent, that if they get healthy, then they can line up and run it at a lot of people and then capitalize on the play-action in the passing game. Come playoff time, they may need to control the clock against a better opponent. Also, stick to your guns. If Hager truly trusts his team, then do not abandon the game plan at the first sign of adversity.

that last line was a great line! sc game is running the ball and when that fight happen and they lost 2 of there best rb and that changed the game. SC had to rely more on the pass and i have said all year long against good teams sc cant throw the ball. and people get on here from sc getting mad when i say that but when you dont complete a pass all game how do you not see that. i mean one pass idc if your o line is bad or not there is no excuse not to complete a pass in a game.. :HitWall:
i noticed kp didnt have any stats is he still hurt or they not running the ball with him any more?
monster_energy Wrote:did it say 12 players from sc got ejected or did i hear that wrong?

It did say that, but I have not heard anthing official and I would not think anything has been decided regarding any further disciplinary action. Skyles was out again as was Channing Smith.
monster_energy Wrote:that last line was a great line! sc game is running the ball and when that fight happen and they lost 2 of there best rb and that changed the game. SC had to rely more on the pass and i have said all year long against good teams sc cant throw the ball. and people get on here from sc getting mad when i say that but when you dont complete a pass all game how do you not see that. i mean one pass idc if your o line is bad or not there is no excuse not to complete a pass in a game.. :HitWall:
i noticed kp didnt have any stats is he still hurt or they not running the ball with him any more?

did you hear that 3 passes were dropped, or that they fumbled 3 straight plays? lol welcome to puberty
bucslover68 Wrote:It did say that, but I have not heard anthing official and I would not think anything has been decided regarding any further disciplinary action. Skyles was out again as was Channing Smith.

skyles is # 10 and he was out, but 63 is channing smith lol he played
irishcard16 Wrote:Lovern is a 3 year starter for the pirates @ cornerback. Also is in the the backfield for the "Thomcat formation" . And if i'm wrong someone correct me, but I thought Chase Maynard filled in for Lovern @ cornerback?

I was talking about receiver, since Chase plays so much offense I didn't think he'd be considered part of the depth but on defense, yes he is. My fault. Thanks.
youdroppedsomething Wrote:did you hear that 3 passes were dropped, or that they fumbled 3 straight plays? lol welcome to puberty

:thatsfunn ok my bad lol 3 passes that should have been caught wow that would have changed the game big time!!! i cant believe you just said that lol. 3 passes dropped lol. please tell me why you would say that i mean geeze even you could complete one pass no matter if they dropped 8 passes.
section 6-2 art 7 says..When any scrimmage kick out of bounds between the goal lines or becomes dead inbounds between the goal lines while no player is in possession, or anywhere while opponets are in joint possession the ball is awarded to R ( with is the Reciving team) Follwoing and out of bounds kick the ball is placed in bounds from the spot unless R chosses the spot of frist touching. with the first touching was at the kick so there for the ball should have be place back at the 37 yard line of the kick. Not the 7 yard line when u want to post rules put it all in there not just what u want. So there is the real rule from the 2009-2010 khsaa football rule book. so please dont act like it was the right call...
youdroppedsomething Wrote:skyles is # 10 and he was out, but 63 is channing smith lol he played

Yep my bad, Smith was in there.
rules Wrote:section 6-2 art 7 says..When any scrimmage kick out of bounds between the goal lines or becomes dead inbounds between the goal lines while no player is in possession, or anywhere while opponets are in joint possession the ball is awarded to R ( with is the Reciving team) Follwoing and out of bounds kick the ball is placed in bounds from the spot unless R chosses the spot of frist touching. with the first touching was at the kick so there for the ball should have be place back at the 37 yard line of the kick. Not the 7 yard line when u want to post rules put it all in there not just what u want. So there is the real rule from the 2009-2010 khsaa football rule book. so please dont act like it was the right call...

Yea first touch is after the kick. Since the ball went out of bounds without anyone touching it, they get the ball where it went out of bounds. The holder's touch is prior to the kick from scrimmage. It was indeed the right spot according to the rule you just posted.
Pirate Wrote:Yea first touch is after the kick. Since the ball went out of bounds without anyone touching it, they get the ball where it went out of bounds. The holder's touch is prior to the kick from scrimmage. It was indeed the right spot according to the rule you just posted.

Just found some more info on this. A field goal kick and a punt are essentially the same thing in High School football, the only difference is field position (not the case in NCAA and NFL). If a team attempts a field goal in high school and it's missed but either goes out the back of the endzone or goes out of bounds in the endzone it is considered a touch back and the opposing team gets it on the 20 yard line. This is according to the NFHS rule book which I assume we use here in Kentucky. Just some info that I wanted to throw out there because I didn't know the rules on this were different in high school.
bucslover68 Wrote:Yep my bad, Smith was in there.

KP broke his foot. Smith was injured but still played. KP's injury really did matter. I thought since SC had so many good backs it wouldn't matter but this left them without a back.
rules Wrote:section 6-2 art 7 says..When any scrimmage kick out of bounds between the goal lines or becomes dead inbounds between the goal lines while no player is in possession, or anywhere while opponets are in joint possession the ball is awarded to R ( with is the Reciving team) Follwoing and out of bounds kick the ball is placed in bounds from the spot unless R chosses the spot of frist touching. with the first touching was at the kick so there for the ball should have be place back at the 37 yard line of the kick. Not the 7 yard line when u want to post rules put it all in there not just what u want. So there is the real rule from the 2009-2010 khsaa football rule book. so please dont act like it was the right call...

Well, according to what you have posted the correct call was made as the ball went OUT of bounds and the rule you posted refers to IN bounds. No one touched it before it went out of bounds besides the kicker so maybe SC should have caught it and then ran..... ????? Am I correct, they could have done that right!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
phs1986 Wrote:Well, according to what you have posted the correct call was made as the ball went OUT of bounds and the rule you posted refers to IN bounds. No one touched it before it went out of bounds besides the kicker so maybe SC should have caught it and then ran..... ????? Am I correct, they could have done that right!

Yes, you treat this just like a punt if it does not break the plane of the goal. Once it breaks the plane, it's a dead ball in high school, not college or NFL. Someone was right earlier, fans, sports folks like that fine bunch at ymt really screw things up by reporting rules from other leagues in relation to high school rules.

Most of the time, the stripes get it right on the field, no matter the level. You may not like it, but rules can be tough to understand, interpret etc.
Im just trying to figure out why there is so much discussion on this thread expecially when we ant allowed to talk about the good stuff here ill make it easier Belfry won we knew thats was going to happen because SC is not a great team IMO I mean yeah they are a good team but not a great team sorry to offend anybody
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:Im just trying to figure out why there is so much discussion on this thread expecially when we ant allowed to talk about the good stuff here ill make it easier Belfry won we knew thats was going to happen because SC is not a great team IMO I mean yeah they are a good team but not a great team sorry to offend anybody

I don't think either one of these teams are a GREAT team this year. Theres going to be alot of discussion on this due the the HUGE "what ifs". But thats football, especially in the mountains. You lose a couple players and it can determine the game. Some of the larger teams can lose quite a few and it not matter.
Correction i never said either team was great i said they was good but not great and i can see your point Matman if bell was to lose about 5 players it would hurt us real bad and of what i heard the players that SC lost was key young men on the offensive side of the ball
MADJACK75 Wrote:the team is maturing, their tough schedule is paying off. i believe if they play p-burg or ashland now the win by two tds.

Of course you do. It's the essence of believing in your team. And... I'd agree if it were possible this (week 8) Belfry team could play the (week 1) Blackcats.

Why would someone think only -their- team improves as the season progresses ? Confusedhh:

:blabbermo
oneijoe Wrote:Of course you do. It's the essence of believing in your team. And... I'd agree if it were possible this (week 8) Belfry team could play the (week 1) Blackcats.

Why would someone think only -their- team improves as the season progresses ? Confusedhh:

:blabbermo

In all reality, I really would still like to see this (week 8) Belfry team play this (Week 8) Pburg team. I think it would be a better game to watch for us Belfry fans than it was the first time, win or lose. I don't think we would see the same mistakes on Belfry's part.
Pirate Pal Wrote:In all reality, I really would still like to see this (week 8) Belfry team play this (Week 8) Pburg team. I think it would be a better game to watch for us Belfry fans than it was the first time, win or lose. I don't think we would see the same mistakes on Belfry's part.

Agreed. I think it would be a GREAT ballgame.

But...I don't think you'd see P-burg make the mistakes it made in the first game either.

:Thumbs:
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:Correction i never said either team was great i said they was good but not great and i can see your point Matman if bell was to lose about 5 players it would hurt us real bad and of what i heard the players that SC lost was key young men on the offensive side of the ball

They were key on offense and defense as well, especially counting KP. Its tough but that is football. Its the teams that can overcome or prevent obstacles that win championships. I think Bell is Great football team this year. If their not their right there on the bubble.
oneijoe Wrote:Agreed. I think it would be a GREAT ballgame.

But...I don't think you'd see P-burg make the mistakes it made in the first game either.

:Thumbs:

Pburg seem to have started the season on a high note. They fully caught Belfry off guard with the new offense. This worked in their favor big time. But even if you go back to that game Belfry won the second half. It can not be said with certainty that it was due to Belfry adjusting or Pburg playing consevative. However we do know that Pburg has had some trouble stopping the run and not many teams do that better than Belfry.
Well...I guess we will just have to wait until the regional championship game @ the CAM (if both teams make it that far) to see what a difference that the ejected players would have made.